2019 Kona Blue California Special
Thanks!
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Is there any direct speaker replacements for the 12 speaker B&O system..?
(minus perhaps the center)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Is there any direct speaker replacements for the 12 speaker B&O system..?
(minus perhaps the center)
If you read this thread and others then the answer is complicated. Yes you will get some people who have had success in their ears replacing some or all of the speakers but the issue is getting the correct frequency responses for the speakers so that they all combine without any duplication or holes in the sound.

It also depends how much you are willing to spend.

It seems that some aspects of the B&O system are pretty good and others such as the centre speaker (in my case I haven't found this especially offensive) or the subwoofer can be improved. I added polyfill to the sub enclosure and that had a noticeable effect, but the speaker itself is a bit of a bargain basement unit.

I'm reasonably happy with mine now just with tuning the system and adding polyfill. You could replace all the speakers for a lot of money and be little much better off if you are not careful.

Car audio is not simple compared to a domestic setup

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The sound is only as good as the speakers. So, if there are better material and more sensitive.. better fidelity in sound.

I doubt the headunit's noise is that bad vs the paper speakers. That is why I was asking.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
The sound is only as good as the speakers. So, if there are better material and more sensitive.. better fidelity in sound.

I doubt the headunit's noise is that bad vs the paper speakers. That is why I was asking.
It's actually a combination of the two. Great speakers with that head unit will not be driven correctly and will not sound great either. As with home hifi you need a balanced system, there is no point in having hugely expensive speakers on a Ā£200 amp as they will simply expose the poor quality amp. There will be a limit what the standard head unit can drive and as I said before getting a proper sonic balance from a combination of speakers can be really difficult. I'm not saying it isn't possible - it may not be that easy or cost effective.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aiden
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Also fun fact - it took bestbuy 6 hours to realize my model mustang no longer has a mic in the headliner or ceiling light for ANC. Itā€™s now built into the main microphone in the ceiling light that utilizes voice commands for nav. Disconnect the mic & nothing voice related works and anc turns off.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aiden
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
We just ordered a complete B&O set up for Hextalls car. We will have more information including part numbers, pictures as well as information related to a swap harness for the DSP.
Interesting read here. Iā€™ve got an 2019 ecoboost with the 9 speaker system. I want something just a tiny bit better and I want to have the B&O system in it so Iā€™m trying to retro fit it. Another user on this thread seems to have gotten it to work? Hereā€™s my question(s) -

Where do I find the B&O speakers and amp?
Are they called ā€œbranded audioā€ on fords part page? (Hard to find)
Is there a wiring adapter to make the B&O amp plug into the factory 9 speaker amp wiring harness?

Iā€™ve spent days trying to research these questions with no answer. Thanks much!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Interesting read here. Iā€™ve got an 2019 ecoboost with the 9 speaker system. I want something just a tiny bit better and I want to have the B&O system in it so Iā€™m trying to retro fit it. Another user on this thread seems to have gotten it to work? Hereā€™s my question(s) -

Is there a wiring adapter to make the B&O amp plug into the factory 9 speaker amp wiring harness?

Iā€™ve spent days trying to research these questions with no answer. Thanks much!
Don't bother with the sub speaker - use the enclosure with something better. The OEM sub is pretty nasty - it can be made tolerable by filling the enclosure (which I would do anyway) but there are plenty of better inexpensive options that will fit and sound better

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aiden
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Don't bother with the sub speaker - use the enclosure with something better. The OEM sub is pretty nasty - it can be made tolerable by filling the enclosure (which I would do anyway) but there are plenty of better inexpensive options that will fit and sound better
I bet the stock sub is garbage. I was looking at using the B&O subwoofer from the Ford Fiesta and installing it in the spare tire area.
DA1B63D7-A1F6-4BAB-9E0C-04E7E3CD57A8.jpeg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Jl subwoofer is really a nice option.

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

@Aidenanderson275 Yes, we had the whole system in my car for like two weeks and then took it all back out. It's honestly not worth the money to buy new.
I still have some of the speakers in the boxes if you want them for a discount. Using the Ford parts website is a joke. You're better off to use repairlnk with a known VIN from a vehicle with the feature you want. Even then it may require you to speak with a good parts guy. I may know one, LOL
We can do the adapter but the parts are scarce right now.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aiden
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
@Aidenanderson275 Yes, we had the whole system in my car for like two weeks and then took it all back out. It's honestly not worth the money to buy new.
I still have some of the speakers in the boxes if you want them for a discount. Using the Ford parts website is a joke. You're better off to use repairlnk with a known VIN from a vehicle with the feature you want. Even then it may require you to speak with a good parts guy. I may know one, LOL
We can do the adapter but the parts are scarce right now.

Thanks for the reply. Again Iā€™m not looking for anything crazy. Just a tiny tiny bit better than what I have now so this works out.

What speakers do you have? Iā€™m interested in purchasing.
Thanks a million.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have the mid-range, mid-bass and tweeters and DSP, the sub was sold and center was sold.I don't use rear speakers because they are pointless in a car without something like a 5.1 processor.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aiden
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have the mid-range, mid-bass and tweeters and DSP, the sub was sold and center was sold.I don't use rear speakers because they are pointless in a car without something like a 5.1 processor.

Awesome - Iā€™m looking for the mid-range, tweeters, and DSP. I have the rears and mid-bass already. Do you have pics?

Iā€™m curious also how you wired the 9 speaker system to the B&O amp replacing the 9 speaker amp.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My car is a base but it's so far from stock it's not funny. For 9 speaker to B&O swap we can make a custom harness. I made one for our test bench but sold it to someone on FB
Sponsored