IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Indy there is more changes than what you listed. Tom went in there and changed at least 6-7 more lines.

Ahh right you have a manual. That makes sense, I had to go back and look. For an automatic I didn't lose any of those features. Interesting. I have a manual now but I bought a premium so I didn't have to change door panels and radios again lol.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Ahh right you have a manual. That makes sense, I had to go back and look. For an automatic I didn't lose any of those features. Interesting. I have a manual now but I bought a premium so I didn't have to change door panels and radios again lol.

Yea the hazard, launch control among other items weren't working. My 300a car I also bought door panels, Katzkinz, leather center console along with the 8" sync setup.

When I bought they didn't have a Premium or even a 301a car with the PP and 6 MT.

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Any plans for ambient lighting? You've got almost everything you need to do it at this point!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any plans for ambient lighting? You've got almost everything you need to do it at this point!

I was considering it...but not a necessity. Next item is 4.09:1 Gearing.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yea the hazard, launch control among other items weren't working. My 300a car I also bought door panels, Katzkinz, leather center console along with the 8" sync setup.

When I bought they didn't have a Premium or even a 301a car with the PP and 6 MT.
This is my situation. I got the parts from an Ecoboost. I programmed the drive mode to work but can't find the codes to fix line lock, launch control and hazard don't work correctly. I have a 300a base also. As for the 4.09s that's the best mood I've done.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is my situation. I got the parts from an Ecoboost. I programmed the drive mode to work but can't find the codes to fix line lock, launch control and hazard don't work correctly. I have a 300a base also. As for the 4.09s that's the best mood I've done.

Thats where I got my parts from. A 2019 Ecoboost Premium. Got the door panels the APIM and Bezel. The best $400 I spent. I exchanged the APIM for an APIM with Nav from Tom Hextall. Since I bought the Nav APIM from him he helped me with the Forscan. Yea I will try and get the 4.09s done in a few weeks.

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Phase 2 Roushcharged
2020+ APIM can be software changed from 4 inch to 8 inch. Did just that on my 2021. So all I had to get was a touchscreen and a bezel. Rest was done with sync3 updater and Forscan.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
2020+ APIM can be software changed from 4 inch to 8 inch. Did just that on my 2021. So all I had to get was a touchscreen and a bezel. Rest was done with sync3 updater and Forscan.
That's great news for a 20 guy like me.

What is a sync3 updater though?

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
If I write something to my ECU using Forscan, will the dealership be able to find out? Let's say I am changing the tire size (Tire Circumference, mm) ? Thank you.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I write something to my ECU using Forscan, will the dealership be able to find out? Let's say I am changing the tire size (Tire Circumference, mm) ? Thank you.

They won't look for that...to answer your question yes they can find that.

Last edited:

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
GWraith, do you have procedures on doing this? I see that Cyanlabs is the biggest hit for sync3 Updater, is this the correct tool? It looks like it updates to the latest version, an alternate method to the factory USB update method, is there another benefit to using the 'updater'?

If you could give the steps you took to get 8" screen using your 4" APIM would be greatly appreciated.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GWraith, do you have procedures on doing this? I see that Cyanlabs is the biggest hit for sync3 Updater, is this the correct tool? It looks like it updates to the latest version, an alternate method to the factory USB update method, is there another benefit to using the 'updater'?

If you could give the steps you took to get 8" screen using your 4" APIM would be greatly appreciated.

Keep in mind guys there is quite a few Forscan changes to get everything working correctly. Especially if you have a manual tranny.

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Phase 2 Roushcharged

https://community.cyanlabs.net/t/screen-size-and-apim-firmware-or-software/3091/39?u=gwraith

You will need a 2018 or older 8 inch touch screen. Have everything hooked up and boot the 8 inch screen. You will see a 4 inch screen on part of the 8 inch. Then use your USB made from cyan labs to update the software even if it the same version or newer. Do at your own risk. Once you update with cyan labs turn auto update off in the head unit and don't update from Ford again. It does work but sometimes Ford pushes new updates that mess up the cyan labs ones so it's best to just don't update anymore.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2020 and was able to upgrade my sync coversion with no issues. In fact it did it over Wifi.
Sponsored