Sponsored

2019 and 2020 4" to 8" Screen Upgrade + Drive Mode Toggle Switch Enable Writeup

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Has anyone who's done this conversation updated to the latest sync software? By VIN ford says there is an update available. But my VIN is for the 4"screen. I like the new version that my wife's has.
Any advice?
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Has anyone who's done this conversation updated to the latest sync software? By VIN ford says there is an update available. But my VIN is for the 4"screen. I like the new version that my wife's has.
Any advice?
I did it on Saturday. This may be a super-janky way to go about it, but I looked on autotrader.com for a car with specs that fit what I was after in the Sync 3.4 software and used that VIN.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So your saying I can copy the updates for my wife's eco premium and use that update on my gt?

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
So your saying I can copy the updates for my wife's eco premium and use that update on my gt?
Should work. I didn't have any trouble using a "borrowed" VIN. Believe the VIN is used to determine which modules to package in the download: like nav or non-nav, heated steering wheel or not, that kind of thing.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Should work. I didn't have any trouble using a "borrowed" VIN. Believe the VIN is used to determine which modules to package in the download: like nav or non-nav, heated steering wheel or not, that kind of thing.
And the wife's has all that. It's a premium with nav so that won't work.

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
And the wife's has all that. It's a premium with nav so that won't work.
Huh? I'm a little confused by that response. If you want to PM me maybe I can help you find a usable VIN

CricketSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base Model 10R80
I have a '19 base GT. I have the same issue. I'm curious if the modem is a seperate component that I don't have, or if there's a value in FORSCan that I need to adjust. Did you ever fix this?
I think we are missing the modem setup stuff in the vehicle setting page on the screen, I only see camera. Also no way of setting up the wifi the car comes with, this is standard on 2020+.

Not the end of the world really, we are just missing remote start, lock and windows via the app. Not sure how much I'd used those features anyway.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I think we are missing the modem setup stuff in the vehicle setting page on the screen, I only see camera. Also no way of setting up the wifi the car comes with, this is standard on 2020+.

Not the end of the world really, we are just missing remote start, lock and windows via the app. Not sure how much I'd used those features anyway.

Get a hold of the Ford Connect customer service. My 2020 300a GT with PP wasn't communicating with Ford Connect. A lot of the 2020s have defective 4G modems. Mine is finally being replaced after 3 mos. wait with a new Modem this Monday. I have a manual so I won't have auto start but I will be able to unlock doors and such now. I have waited for 3 mos. to install my 4-8" screen setup because of this. I am afraid Ford will void the Modem warranty even though the modem is in the back by the passenger rear tire well.

Did the autostart work before the swap?

CricketSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base Model 10R80
Get a hold of the Ford Connect customer service. My 2020 300a GT with PP wasn't communicating with Ford Connect. A lot of the 2020s have defective 4G modems. Mine is finally being replaced after 3 mos. wait with a new Modem this Monday. I have a manual so I won't have auto start but I will be able to unlock doors and such now. I have waited for 3 mos. to install my 4-8" screen setup because of this. I am afraid Ford will void the Modem warranty even though the modem is in the back by the passenger rear tire well.

Did the autostart work before the swap?
Yes, my car was connected via the modem before I swapped the screen, so I don't think it's a defect issue, I remember seeing the wifi modem setup stuff on the 4inch screen before. I wonder if there is something in Forscan I can change or I may have just gotten a model that was pre-2020 without the wifi modem and the display does not have to software to find\display the wifi modem.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
I think we are missing the modem... Not the end of the world really, we are just missing remote start, lock and windows via the app. Not sure how much I'd used those features anyway.
Yeah, I looked for the TCU (Telematics Control Unit) in my car and I couldn't find one. I'm not sad about it. I have FordPass for my truck and I don't use it all that much. Remote start from the key fob works just fine.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I looked for the TCU (Telematics Control Unit) in my car and I couldn't find one. I'm not sad about it. I have FordPass for my truck and I don't use it all that much. Remote start from the key fob works just fine.
For the truck or the Mustang? If you have remote start that means that you are connecting to Ford Connect.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
For the truck or the Mustang? If you have remote start that means that you are connecting to Ford Connect.
To clarify, I have an auto and can start the car from the key fob, not from the Ford Pass app.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To clarify, I have an auto and can start the car from the key fob, not from the Ford Pass app.

Ahh, got ya...

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
Today my "miles to empty" reading finally started updating when I hit 3/4 of a tank on the gauge. Was starting to wonder if it would ever change 😄