Sponsored

2019 and 2020 4" to 8" Screen Upgrade + Drive Mode Toggle Switch Enable Writeup

CricketSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base Model 10R80
Mine is a 20, it did not. The AT&T option was not available on my fordpass until after the radio upgrade. It's a performance pack, but I don't think that makes a difference. Maybe it was a leftover 2019 info system? lol
Did you check your windows sticker ? Mine says FordPass 4G WIFI.
So if I don't get a 2019-2020 APIM, I am going to lose my FordPass remote connectivity ?
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So if I don't get a 2019-2020 APIM, I am going to lose my FordPass remote connectivity ?
Simple answer is yes. The TCU and modem are separate but I'm fairly certain the APIM got changed as well for 2019 on up.

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium

Checked my sticker, it's there. I'm not sure why I never had the option until I put the new radio in... although it was only a week after I purchased it. :)

I bought a 2019 radio/bezel. I would recommend buying either a 19 or 20 just in case.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Checked my sticker, it's there. I'm not sure why I never had the option until I put the new radio in... although it was only a week after I purchased it. :)

I bought a 2019 radio/bezel. I would recommend buying either a 19 or 20 just in case.
Did you ever activate it at your dealer when you purchased it?

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Did you ever activate it at your dealer when you purchased it?

No. I never went inside of the dealership I'm a nurse and didn't want to expose anyone... did the whole deal remotely.

Sponsored

Jennings1066

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost 6m pp
Question on sync 3 upgrade. I have 3 DTCs 2 on the fcim and 1 on the apim. 2 on fcim are solar sensors and i have found quite a few threds on these so not really a problem. The one on my apim is u0238 lost communication with digital audio controler and im sure this is due to my car is base 6sp so no amp and apim is looking for the amp. Cant find too much on this. Any ideas?

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Question on sync 3 upgrade. I have 3 DTCs 2 on the fcim and 1 on the apim. 2 on fcim are solar sensors and i have found quite a few threds on these so not really a problem. The one on my apim is u0238 lost communication with digital audio controler and im sure this is due to my car is base 6sp so no amp and apim is looking for the amp. Cant find too much on this. Any ideas?
I didn’t run into that issue, but didn’t want to leave you without a response. I’ll do some digging an report back with any findings.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
You're talking in Forscan right?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Yes. In forscan. None of these are causing any issues. System works great.

If you have a base 4" right off the bat there will DTCs in Forscan. There was in mine when I removed the bass roll off.

Sponsored

Jennings1066

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost 6m pp
If you have a base 4" right off the bat there will DTCs in Forscan. There was in mine when I removed the bass roll off.
There is just the hope i could get rid of all that i could and that is the only one I could not find much info on. Appriciate the insight from evrryone.

Grant5566

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marquel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang
I must be missing something here. What new key? I didn't have to change anything to keep my remote features as they are not connected to the radio/apim.
I brought a 5 key button fob but the remote start didn’t work. I figured it out though I needed 433mhz key and the fob I brought was 902mhz

CricketSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i just upgraded my system 3 days ago but after i was done with forscan and started the car my car said 999 miles to empty. Since then the mileage has gone down some by now but it still seems off compared to the amount of gas that i actually have in the car. According to the gas gauge have anyone else had this problem?
Did this ever reset or did you have to use forscan to fix ? I have the same issue

CricketSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: I can only speak for the 2020, but no additional wiring is needed. Do not purchase or change your harness if you own a 2020! I purchased a Bezel/Radio/ACM/APIM from a 2019 and it was plug and play.

DO:

If you plan on upgrading your 2019-2020 without utilizing with Forscan, it will work. The only function missing will be the Drive Mode toggle switch. However, you must sync your fordpass PRIOR to installing the new unit. It will not work with the new system. The fix is to pull your dash and reinstall your old radio to sync up as the VIN will not match and you will not get the authentication notification. With Forscan, you can update the VIN and fix this as well.

Upgrade your radio to the newest version of Sync using a USB flash drive. Over the air updates did not work with my system, but your mileage may vary. The update takes about 20 minutes and it is very much so worth it if you are running 3.3 or older.
Just finished upgrading mine and followed your guide. THANK YOU!, Everything worked great.

The issues I have is the "miles to empty" is way off like 785 miles to empty, not sure if you want into this. Hoping this goes away.

Also I can't see the Ford Connect or 4G settings on the screen, maybe I just got an older APIM ?

Getting the S+ mode is a performance mod!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished upgrading mine and followed your guide. THANK YOU!, Everything worked great.

The issues I have is the "miles to empty" is way off like 785 miles to empty, not sure if you want into this. Hoping this goes away.

Also I can't see the Ford Connect or 4G settings on the screen, maybe I just got an older APIM ?

Getting the S+ mode is a performance mod!
it'll probably correct itself overtime? I don't know if they learn the mpg stuff and all that jazz. it could be thinking its from old car .
Sponsored