Sponsored

2019 and 2020 4" to 8" Screen Upgrade + Drive Mode Toggle Switch Enable Writeup

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Man I really need to do this. Looks so good gents!
Sponsored

mainemaine89

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jermaine
Vehicle(s)
boss 302
i just upgraded my system 3 days ago but after i was done with forscan and started the car my car said 999 miles to empty. Since then the mileage has gone down some by now but it still seems off compared to the amount of gas that i actually have in the car. According to the gas gauge have anyone else had this problem?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I'm just waiting on reasonably priced parts. People in particular want a fortune for the non heated seat bezel.
I see that..

Jennings1066

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost 6m pp
I'm just waiting on reasonably priced parts. People in particular want a fortune for the non heated seat bezel.
I waited a few months and kept watching ebay befor I found one with a bezel with no heated seats for 599 for screen/ apim , apm, bezel, and usb hub

Sponsored

CricketSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base Model 10R80
Update: I can only speak for the 2020, but no additional wiring is needed. Do not purchase or change your harness if you own a 2020! I purchased a Bezel/Radio/ACM/APIM from a 2019 and it was plug and play.

DO:

If you plan on upgrading your 2019-2020 without utilizing with Forscan, it will work. The only function missing will be the Drive Mode toggle switch. However, you must sync your fordpass PRIOR to installing the new unit. It will not work with the new system. The fix is to pull your dash and reinstall your old radio to sync up as the VIN will not match and you will not get the authentication notification. With Forscan, you can update the VIN and fix this as well.

Upgrade your radio to the newest version of Sync using a USB flash drive. Over the air updates did not work with my system, but your mileage may vary. The update takes about 20 minutes and it is very much so worth it if you are running 3.3 or older.

DO NOT:

Use master reset unless you have no other option. If you reset your radio, it will disable your MyFordPass authentication. Without updating the vin or reinstalling your old radio, there's no way to connect your fordpass to the new system. You will lose the remote start/lock functions on your phone.

The 4" to 8" thread has a ton of good information, but it does not apply to 2019's and 2020's. I've done some research and have decided to do a write up with what I learn throughout the process. I've got my screen/APIM/ACM on the way and it should be here shortly. I will try to document the installation with as many pictures and videos as possible.

What I've learned so far:

The Shelby GT350/GT350R Bezel will not work with a base interior. You have to get the premium bezel. The switches are programmed differently and will not interface correctly.

In previous years, a custom/modified harness is required. However, for a 2020, the plug from the base model is the same.

The USB hub (At least in my 2020) is the correct hub for apple car play.

You can enable drive modes through Forscan if you upgrade to a Premium Bezel. Here's how:

Enabling Drive Mode Selector Toggle with FORScan:

Connect your OBDII Coding Tool to your car and computer. Switch your tool to the HS-CAN feature. Turn your ignition on, but do not start the car.
*I purchased This OBDII Module and it was compatible with windows 10 and my car. No drivers were needed.

Open FORScan and follow the prompts. It will ask you to switch it from HS-CAN to MS-CAN to read the modules in the second position. Do this and press OK.

Click the "Computer Processor" image and select ABS (As Built). Press the blue Play button and let the module load. Find line "760-02-02" and change the following numbers:

xxxx-3xxx (ONLY change the fifth number. Leave the numbers in the X slots be)
If you own a performance package car, change it to xxx-7xxx instead.

Hit WRITE.

Select the STOP button at the bottom of FORScan.

Now select "IPC" on the same list as before under the computer processor. Find lines: "720-06-01" if you have an automatic. Change the code to 6C7F-8000-18B1. If you have a manual, change the code to 786F-0664-1897.

Hit WRITE. Turn off ignition and wait a minute or two. Start the car and enjoy your new toggle switch!

Awesome writeup!

I have the recall for the backup camera on my 2020, should I wait for that to be completed ? I was thinking it was the actual camera but I noticed someone mentioned they were waiting to complete the recall.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Awesome writeup!

I have the recall for the backup camera on my 2020, should I wait for that to be completed ? I was thinking it was the actual camera but I noticed someone mentioned they were waiting to complete the recall.

That was me, I am having recall done this week as well as having modem reset.

Grant5566

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marquel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang
So I did the swap and everything was plug and play with a 2020 in a 2019 eb but when I tried to enable remote start, the new key doesn’t work and the old ones still do. It works in the backup slot to start the car but the buttons don’t work. I’ve tried changing the suggested values in forscan for bcm rtm ipc but no luck.

CricketSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was me, I am having recall done this week as well as having modem reset.
Thanks, so the center console unit has something to do with the backup camera and I should wait to have the recall completed ?

And do you know if the 4G modem and FordPass should still work if I replace the unit with a 2020 8 inch model ?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks, so the center console unit has something to do with the backup camera and I should wait to have the recall completed ?

And do you know if the 4G modem and FordPass should still work if I replace the unit with a 2020 8 inch model ?
If you code your vin into the apim, yes. Pretty sure the camera recall is for the camera itself so it shouldn't matter.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
So I did the swap and everything was plug and play with a 2020 in a 2019 eb but when I tried to enable remote start, the new key doesn’t work and the old ones still do. It works in the backup slot to start the car but the buttons don’t work. I’ve tried changing the suggested values in forscan for bcm rtm ipc but no luck.
I must be missing something here. What new key? I didn't have to change anything to keep my remote features as they are not connected to the radio/apim.

CricketSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I must be missing something here. What new key? I didn't have to change anything to keep my remote features as they are not connected to the radio/apim.
Was wondering the same thing. Also do you know where the 4G modem is and if we can access it after we replace the 4.2 screen with a 8 inch/apim ?

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Was wondering the same thing. Also do you know where the 4G modem is and if we can access it after we replace the 4.2 screen with a 8 inch/apim ?

I would assume it's tied into the APIM/Radio as I did not have access to 4g with my base setup, but do now.

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Base 2020's now all come with 4G
Mine is a 20, it did not. The AT&T option was not available on my fordpass until after the radio upgrade. It's a performance pack, but I don't think that makes a difference. Maybe it was a leftover 2019 info system? lol
Sponsored