2019 and 2020 4" to 8" Screen Upgrade + Drive Mode Toggle Switch Enable Writeup

Oscar6790

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Update, I was able to get the launch control working, as well as adding the axle temp back to the display as well as the line lock. Very easy with Forscan. I am still going to have Tom go over it.
How did you get it to work?
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update:. Just had Tom Hextall go through the Forscan. There is quite a few more lines of Forscan that need to be touched. I recommend if anyone who wants to do this reach out to him. Be warned he is extremely busy, he also works for Ford in the engineering dept. He knows his stuff.

fr33zex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fr33zex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I just updated from 4 to 8 and am having trouble activating my ford pass. It gets stuck on activation pending with the error "sorry there was an error and we were unable to complete your request to change authorization rights on 2020 mustang. please try again later".

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just updated from 4 to 8 and am having trouble activating my ford pass. It gets stuck on activation pending with the error "sorry there was an error and we were unable to complete your request to change authorization rights on 2020 mustang. please try again later".

You need to do this with the original 4" in first. You can't activate the Ford Pass with the 8" screen in as it came from a different car. My Ford Pass works fine, but I did it before I installed the new 8" conversion.

Sponsored

fr33zex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fr33zex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You need to do this with the original 4" in first. You can't activate the Ford Pass with the 8" screen in as it came from a different car. My Ford Pass works fine, but I did it before I installed the new 8" conversion.
Everything was working with my 4 inch. After the swap, it still showed as activated but, the vehicle tab would not update and the unlock/lock would not work. However, it was still tracking the journeys. I removed the vehicle from fordpass thinking that re-adding would fix it. Now its stuck on activating pending but its still tracking the journeys, so basically the same as before I removed it from fordpass. Is your vehicle tab and lock/unlock still working or just the journeys?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything was working with my 4 inch. After the swap, it still showed as activated but, the vehicle tab would not update and the unlock/lock would not work. However, it was still tracking the journeys. I removed the vehicle from fordpass thinking that re-adding would fix it. Now its stuck on activating pending but its still tracking the journeys, so basically the same as before I removed it from fordpass. Is your vehicle tab and lock/unlock still working or just the journeys?

You have to reinstall the 4" screen to get it to work. My unlock/lock function does still work. I got my APIM from Tom Hextall as I wanted Navigation as I hate Android Auto. The APIM I got from the bone yard didn't have Nav. I exchanged it and bought Toms. Tom did the Forscan stuff for me so everything works as it should other than not having dual AC.

I would reach out to Tom Hextall. He used to do Forscan work for an hourly charge but not anymore if you didnt buy the APIM from him.

fr33zex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fr33zex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You have to reinstall the 4" screen to get it to work. My unlock/lock function does still work. I got my APIM from Tom Hextall as I wanted Navigation as I hate Android Auto. The APIM I got from the bone yard didn't have Nav. I exchanged it and bought Toms. Tom did the Forscan stuff for me so everything works as it should other than not having dual AC.

I would reach out to Tom Hextall. He used to do Forscan work for an hourly charge but not anymore if you didnt buy the APIM from him.
How much does he charge for his conversion kit and how do I reach him?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much does he charge for his conversion kit and how do I reach him?

Do a search for HextallS550 and PM him. I have his cell number but I want permission to give out before I do. Do you have the APIM with Nav or without? I had the one without and he gave me a $95 credit for my APIM and sent me one with Nav also tailored to my car as he will want your vin to do a build out. I believe thats the only way he does the Forscan work now if you buy something from him.

I lucked out, I bought a set of premium door panels (soft touch) and bezel and APIM out of a wrecked 2019 Ford Mustang Premium Ecoboost for $650 for everything. He charged me $375 I believe for the APIM with Nav but then gave me a $95 credit for my APIM that I got out of the wrecked Mustang. That $375 included the Forscan changes. There was about 8 changes he made in addition to the ones you already can do listed in this thread just to get it working.

fr33zex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fr33zex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Do a search for HextallS550 and PM him. I have his cell number but I want permission to give out before I do. Do you have the APIM with Nav or without? I had the one without and he gave me a $95 credit for my APIM and sent me one with Nav also tailored to my car as he will want your vin to do a build out. I believe thats the only way he does the Forscan work now if you buy something from him.
Non nav, it was programed to my vin by the seller(hell horse). I will try reaching out to him and see what he says. Thanks.

Sponsored

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
I'm getting ready to do this upgrade and have a couple questions:
For 2019+ it sounds like its straightforward plug-n-play, do the components also have to be 2019+ for it to be easy, or are the 2015-2018 parts also just as easy plug-n-play?
Second question, does it matter if the components I'm buying are Shaker audio or not? My base model 300a doesn't obviously have it, so I'm just wondering if this is a consideration when looking for parts?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm getting ready to do this upgrade and have a couple questions:
For 2019+ it sounds like its straightforward plug-n-play, do the components also have to be 2019+ for it to be easy, or are the 2015-2018 parts also just as easy plug-n-play?
Second question, does it matter if the components I'm buying are Shaker audio or not? My base model 300a doesn't obviously have it, so I'm just wondering if this is a consideration when looking for parts?

It has to be a 2019-2020, I would imagine a 2021 would be the same. There is quite a few Forscan changes.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It has to be a 2019-2020, I would imagine a 2021 would be the same. There is quite a few Forscan changes.
It would be nice to have a list of the needed changes in this thread. For those who don't buy one pre programmed.

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
It would be nice to have a list of the needed changes in this thread. For those who don't buy one pre programmed.
At the bottom of my first post there is a list of codes that need to be changed. Dave2013M3 said he purchased parts from an ecoboost, perhaps that's why the lines were different? His experience was not like mine or anyone else I helped in this thread with that many forscan changes to get it working.

Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At the bottom of my first post there is a list of codes that need to be changed.
Indy there is more changes than what you listed. Tom went in there and changed at least 6-7 more lines.
Sponsored