2019/18 service manual?

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Hey! Did you find enough people to share the cost?? I would like to join.

If the manual is one from Helm, it's copy protected. You can copy the disk but it won't install from the copy, I've tried. You can however load the manual from the original disk and use a copy for the program to access data, so it can run on more than one computer, but if you ever need to reload it, you have to use the original disk again. Unless you do it with a neighbor or people close by, it won't be work out well.

ST4NG50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 - 10R80, Ruby Red
Anyone else get the 2019 Service Manual? Mine doesn't have any information on changing the oil in the 5.0 (only 5.2) and no reference to changing the diff fluid. It only talk about checking diff fluid level. I thought it would specify what size tool is used to remove\replace the drain and fill plugs. I can figure it out but still, seems incomplete for the price paid.
19sm_oildrain.jpg

19sm_diff.jpg
Sorry for bringing this thread up again. Have you found the procedure from the service manual to properly do the oil change for the 5.0? Could you share it? The service manual I purchased also does not provide this information. Thank you!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Sorry for bringing this thread up again. Have you found the procedure from the service manual to properly do the oil change for the 5.0? Could you share it? The service manual I purchased also does not provide this information. Thank you!
You are serious ? Need help taking dipstick, cap or drain plug out ??

There is no oil change procedure in the manual (in the one on Motocraft site) because there is no reason to. Neither there is for a diff fluid change. If someone can't figure out what tool to use to take caps out, probably shouldn't be doing it.

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext

There is no oil change procedure in the manual (in the one on Motocraft site) because there is no reason to. Neither there is for a diff fluid change. If someone can't figure out what tool to use to take caps out, probably shouldn't be doing it.
Check YouTube video

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
No one signed up

The people that would be able to share the cost, have to live near you. Like I stated in my previous post to this thread, you have to use the original CD to install the manual on a PC. You can copy it, but all it will allow you to do is access the data on the CD, NOT DO AN INSTALLATION of the program. I tried all kinds of hacks, within my capabilities, to defeat the copy protection, but I couldn't. Unless you have CD protection defeat capabilities to make copies, sharing the cost by distributing copies is useless.

I run the manual on two PCs. One in the garage and one in my office. I have to do an installation to a PC with the original disk. I can use a copy to allow the program to run and access data on the copied disk. If you ever want to use the copied disk on a PC that has not had an installation from an original CD from Helm, it won't work.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack

I was questioning the oil change procedure in the manual because I thought it was odd it would only have the 5.2L. Then I found out that they have a different filter style I guess so that's probably why. Though some people may just be learning how to do an oil change for the first time. If they bought the manual hoping for that information they would be disappointed.

As for checking tools, I bought the manual to have the information. I was hoping to have it all prepared before hand rather then crawling under the car, getting back up....repeat. I'm not that young anymore.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I was questioning the oil change procedure in the manual because I thought it was odd it would only have the 5.2L. Then I found out that they have a different filter style I guess so that's probably why. Though some people may just be learning how to do an oil change for the first time. If they bought the manual hoping for that information they would be disappointed.

As for checking tools, I bought the manual to have the information. I was hoping to have it all prepared before hand rather then crawling under the car, getting back up....repeat. I'm not that young anymore.
The service manual has a few drawings and notes on how to drain the oil/change the filter under the "oil pan" instructions. No tools should be required (but I can't get the filter off without a filter tool).

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Indeed. I don't think there's any reason to feel silly about it. There's a first time for everyone.

Changing oil on my Mustang last year was the first time I changed oil on a car too. I used to wrench on my motorbikes, but never before had a car I cared enough about to get my hands dirty on, so didn't at all mind reading kairojya's good description here, especially the tip about punching a hole in the filter before unscrewing it:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt350-diy-oil-change.58639/

It's for his GT350, so the oil specs and filter does not apply to us, and some other minor things differ too, but it's close enough and his photos make it especially easy to follow.

Wouldn't mind a full service manual myself though. Somebody here kindly made the 2016 manual available, but not seen anything later.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Wouldn't mind a full service manual myself though. Somebody here kindly made the 2016 manual available, but not seen anything later.
So if you wouldn't mind it, why wouldn't you just buy it ? (serious question, not just trying to be shitty). It's not a high cost compared to the car, you can also get a 3 day subscription off Motorcraft site and spend some time creating pdfs of it (like I did) - bonus is that you get access to OASIS and all the bulletins for your exact VIN number.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
So if you wouldn't mind it, why wouldn't you just buy it ? (serious question, not just trying to be shitty). It's not a high cost compared to the car, you can also get a 3 day subscription off Motorcraft site and spend some time creating pdfs of it (like I did) - bonus is that you get access to OASIS and all the bulletins for your exact VIN number.
Serious answer is I'm a bit cheap about it I guess. But your question makes me think about it again. Looks to be USD 130 from factory-manuals.com.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I think I found a good deal on this, though the years available is limited to 2018+ it might look like:

- Ford Mustang and GT350 Shelby Mustang PDF Workshop Service & Repair Manual 2019-2021

- Ford Mustang PDF Workshop Service & Repair Manual 2018-2019

https://www.easymanuals.co.uk/?s=ford+mustang&product_cat=ford&post_type=product

EUR 19.94, and apply the discount code "10NEW" for EUR 1.99 off, for a total of EUR 17.95 (around USD 22).

I bought the "Ford Mustang and GT350 Shelby Mustang PDF Workshop Service & Repair Manual 2019-2021". It's 14,559 pages in a 564 MB PDF.

Not sure why this place is so much cheaper than other sites I've seen, but from a cursory look through the manual, looking at the procedure for removing wheel hub, I don't see anything suspicious or missing compared to what I've seen elsewhere.

I note that the "Owners Manual" part of the PDF says it's a March 2018 printing, but some of the pages that are part of the work shop manual have a "Procedure revision date" of 2020, so I'm thinking it's fine anyway. The owners manual is possibly a few years old (not sure why), but that's available for free from Ford anyway, so I haven't cared to ask why.

They also have a "Custom VIN Number" manual option costing EUR 66.49. I have no idea if that will allow the creation and download of a manual for other years, or for the GT500, but might be worth a try.

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
I bought this today for $28.63 AUD. I selected the option "Ford Mustang and GT350 Shelby Mustang PDF Workshop Service & Repair Manual 2019-2021 Instant Download" and what I got was two pdf downlowd links. One for Ford Mustang 2019-2020 Workshop manual, and one for Ford Mustang 2020 Onwards Worhop manual. The two PDFs are actually called "Ford_Mustang_2.3L_5L_5.2L_Auto_and_Manual_Workshop_Manual_2020_Onwards.pdf" and "Ford_Mustang_2.3L_5L_5.2L_10_Speed_Auto_6_Speed_Manual_Workshop_Manual_2019-2021.pdf". The onwards one is 13,357 pages, the 19-2021 has 14,559 pages and includes the owners manuals where the smaller file doesn't. The larger file also has a section called Wiring Manual that the other does not. PDFs appear to be the goods:)

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I bought this today for $28.63 AUD. I selected the option "Ford Mustang and GT350 Shelby Mustang PDF Workshop Service & Repair Manual 2019-2021 Instant Download" and what I got was two pdf downlowd links. One for Ford Mustang 2019-2020 Workshop manual, and one for Ford Mustang 2020 Onwards Worhop manual. The two PDFs are actually called "Ford_Mustang_2.3L_5L_5.2L_Auto_and_Manual_Workshop_Manual_2020_Onwards.pdf" and "Ford_Mustang_2.3L_5L_5.2L_10_Speed_Auto_6_Speed_Manual_Workshop_Manual_2019-2021.pdf". The onwards one is 13,357 pages, the 19-2021 has 14,559 pages and includes the owners manuals where the smaller file doesn't. The larger file also has a section called Wiring Manual that the other does not. PDFs appear to be the goods:)
Thank you. $21.74
Sponsored