Sponsored

2018 unsold gt350

Sash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
here is the question guys, would you buy a unsold new 2018 gt350?
Sponsored

bullitt5566

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lighning Blue GT350 2010 Blue Flame Raptor 2001 True Blue Bullitt
Buy it and make the dealer take a bath on it. Probably sat on the lot with a ridiculous ADM for two years now the dealer is stuck trying to unload a two year old car. See how much below MSRP you can get it then let us know how much the dealer lost. Payback for all of the ridiculous ADMs out there.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm betting the dealer owner has had the car, so he might not be in the tight spot being predicted.

I post this cause when I was looking, the talks came to the question. Of how long would it take to get the car, asking cause I was ordering.

Long story short I got this, the owner has a collection. That just happen to be upstairs above the showroom.

RED flag, me prepared to put cash in his hand. Asked the most important question to me, price for the title.

Do not remember what that number was, but do remember. The price for the hot-air, talking about the 350, including being allowed to walk in to the dealer, was somewhere around 10k.

So I smiled and said I'd think about it and be back to look the car over.

About 4 months later, having ordering my Mustang, drove to that dealer with the 2020.

Picked up a quart of oil.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would definitely consider it for the right price. However, it's not good for a car to sit. Since that car has been sitting for about 3 years, I would want a really good deal. IMO the right price is similar to a 2018 with 3k-10k miles on it. You would get a longer warranty with this car, but it's also been sitting for way too long. I would worry about some rusting in the cylinders, etc.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I just purchased my 2019 beginning of this month. Apparently it sat at the dear for 1 1/2 years. When I inquired as to why, one of the internet salespeople told me they originally had it with an ADM of $10K. There was no way such a car would sell in Queens, NY at such a price.
The ADM was removed, and sold for a discount of $2500. They did say they would start it up occasionally, and move it around so it wouldn't be stationary for so long. It did have 74 miles on it. Because it sat for so long though, I did insist they change the oil in the car before I would take it.
For a 2018, that is now a car at least 2+ years idle. Inquire as to why it sat so long. And see if they started it and moved it around occasionally. Expect the battery to be dead also. And see how much of a discount they're willing to give.

Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I bought a new 2012 GT/CS that sat on a dealer lot for 1.5 years. MSRP was 47.5 and they sold it to me for 28. Granted it was a GT not a GT350, but they were really desperate to move it.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Yes those ADM’s can backfire on the dealer.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I just purchased my 2019 beginning of this month. Apparently it sat at the dear for 1 1/2 years. When I inquired as to why, one of the internet salespeople told me they originally had it with an ADM of $10K. There was no way such a car would sell in Queens, NY at such a price.
The ADM was removed, and sold for a discount of $2500. They did say they would start it up occasionally, and move it around so it wouldn't be stationary for so long. It did have 74 miles on it. Because it sat for so long though, I did insist they change the oil in the car before I would take it.
For a 2018, that is now a car at least 2+ years idle. Inquire as to why it sat so long. And see if they started it and moved it around occasionally. Expect the battery to be dead also. And see how much of a discount they're willing to give.
Bob pretty much covered what I would have said.

I would really reiterate what some of the other guys have said, too, about getting it at the right price - a killer deal, actually.

Because as a 2018, this isn't even a previous year's leftover, it's obviously 2 model years old (older, in terms of the physical vehicle existing, based on mfr date, etc.), and the depreciation factor here is a big consideration, so the amount of discount should need to compensate for that. Use that in your negotiation as well. Don't get pushed around by the dealer on this - stand fast on a great deal to make up for the depreciation, sitting machinery, etc.

If not, walk - you'll feel much better.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Go for it if she checks all the boxes. This happened to alot of high optioned 17 and 18 corvettes. Too much supply and little demand. You have to get a great deal though. I would expect at least 5% to 10% off sticker or more otherwise walk away. Car is now 3 years old and even though you have warranty it has set a long time.

I think I saw said car or at least a similar one along with some 19s that have been sitting a while ..good luck with purchase.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
I did in April of this year. My 2018 sat on WI lot (inside in the winter) for two years. I was able to get it for 19.2% under MSRP as the dealer wanted to move it. I have tracked the car twice and use it as my daily driver. I don't drive much as COVID has me working from home, but I would do it again.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
POSTAL BOB !..........LMAO spewed my coffee
hilarious user name :clap:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Retired Postal worker. Never went "Postal" in 30 years. :whew:

I just think that is such a classic as a user name. See, well you can't of course, but I'm laughing again thinking about it.

Got out before ya went postal did you, thankless job for sure.

Happy New Year :champagne:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I would not “fear” buying a brand new “leftover”... the bigger question is, will a Lender allow “new car” financing, or will you get socked with some ridiculous % rate because it’s going on almost 3 model years at this point in time...

4macomb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
There is a new 2018 at my local dealer too. They offered it to me at MSRP. I figured there were 2 things to consider: 1) as soon as you drive it off the lot it drops to same value as all other 2018 Shelbys, 2) starting warranty now makes it better than other 2018s. You can assess what these two things mean to you. I bought a used 2018 with low mileage.
Sponsored