Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
  • Banned
Ive slowly been gathering parts for my build. I had a 2014 MT82 car that started as a Paxton car and ended as a On3 twin turbo car. Loved how that car ran on the twins. On3 install was a BEAR, but once it was done and the exhaust leaks fixed, it ran like a scalded ass ape. Sold that car and bought a virgin/0 mods 1 owner 2007 GT500 with ~6000 miles. Modded it to 643 whp and then sold that one too.

Bought this beauty in March and she just broke 3000 miles. It's a 301A 10r80 car and absolutely love it. She went 11.6@121 in 3500ft DA with only an e85 tune and cat deletes.

IMG-3385.jpg
IMG-1648.jpg

So.. .main components to this install:

--CX Racing TT kit for s550
--CX Racing 6765 dual BB, billet wheel T4 turbos with .81 hot sides
--Amazon 3gph bronze geared scavenge oil pump
--Tons of misc -4 (turbo feed), -8 (trans oil cooler line), and -10 (oil drain and return) hose and black fittings
--Performance Automatic part No PA68505 10r80 fittings for custom lines
--stainless 3" custom exhaust built by me
--Sai Li return fuel system
--ID1050x injectors
--will likely be Lund tuned

I stumbled upon this TT kit by mistake after looking for a turbo solution for the s550 cars that didn't cost $10k all in (fuel, tuning, etc).

https://www.cxracing.com/MF-IC-KIT-50-MUSTANG15

Having gone the China route before on my 2014 and being able to fabricate my way through problem, I said why the hell not, let's give it a go. And for the price, wow.... kind of a no brainer.

Now... the kit is not complete and actually missing quite a bit to make it a bolt on affair. I still needed to buy turbos, all oil pluming (lines and scavenge pump) and fuel. I ended up buying two CXRacing 6765 sized dual BB, billet wheel turbos. The quality on them seems fine (they appear to be rebadged Magnum turbos) but jury is out on them so fingers crossed for now.

Intercooler is a 4" core, so im hopeful it will do the job nicely. I am also using 2 genuine Tial MVR wastegates that I had "just in case" from my past tt build on the 2014 car. CXR credited me $200 on the kit for keeping their wastegates so I thought that was great.

Couple pics of the kit as it came.

IMG-2039.jpg

IMG-2040.jpg
IMG-2044.jpg
IMG-2043.jpg

I didn't like the cold side raw aluminum so I had it all powder coated low gloss texture black.

IMG-2329.jpg
IMG-2330.jpg
IMG-2331.jpg

Started tearing the old girl down tonight. These damn S550s are full of extra shit. Insulation, brackets, tons of electrical sensors for every damn thing. Ridiculous. Take a look at this weird electric actuated air damn thing just behind the front bumper cover.

IMG-2416.jpg

IMG-2419.jpg

IMG-2425.jpg

The face only a mother could love LOL.

IMG-2420.jpg

IMG-2426.jpg

Got the IC hung tonight. Looking darn good.

IMG-2427.jpg

IMG-2429.jpg

Lots of small, side projects left to do other than the obvious parts of the install.
--remove factory trans cooler hard lines and install -8 lines re routed to driver's side
--measure, cut and assemble -4 lines for feed
--measure, cut and assemble -10 lines for oil dump from turbos and return to oil filler
--fabricate mounting bracket for scavenge pump
--relocate wastegates as the 10r80 is wider than the mt82 this kit was based around

Probably more but i'll document as I go.

Couple more misc pics.

IMG-2414.jpg

IMG-2413.jpg

IMG-2415.jpg

More to come!
Sponsored

Last edited:

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
Best thread yet! couldnt wait for this!!!!!.... good luck I will be following and asking questions!

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
  • Banned
Haha thanks ... I’m excited about it.

I’ll have at least the drivers side hung today so it’ll be interesting to see how it all fits in the tunnel.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Nice! I think I mentioned this in the Cx racing post, but def consider upgrading that intercooler down the line, the internal fin structure is not designed well, it will more than like heat soak quite fast under boost.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
@gimmie11s Very excited to see how this turns out. Are you keeping track of how much $ is spent? I'm curious to see how much cheaper this route is compared to the traditional kits available out there.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
  • Banned
Nice! I think I mentioned this in the Cx racing post, but def consider upgrading that intercooler down the line, the internal fin structure is not designed well, it will more than like heat soak quite fast under boost.
I think ill run this guy for now. If it sucks, I can have the front bumper cover off in 15 minutes so no biggie.

Honestly not too worried about heat soak.. Car is a fair weather car only anyway.

@gimmie11s Very excited to see how this turns out. Are you keeping track of how much $ is spent? I'm curious to see how much cheaper this route is compared to the traditional kits available out there.
Right now im at ~$4800 including fuel upgrades. Without injectors and Sai Li return system im at $3000.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
  • Banned
Today's update. Worked on drivers side. Found that wastegate needed to be relocated as described a few months back to me by a fellow who has this kit. No prob.. cut, weld, test fit. Done.

Couple detail pics below of manifolds which are 1 3/4 along with comparison to stock manifolds. Not too bad for China.

Also turbo manifolds are 1.2 lbs lighter than stock mani's.

IMG_E2440.jpg
IMG_E2441.jpg

Stock manifolds neck down to 1 5/8 or smaller in some sections.

IMG-2431.jpg
IMG-2439.jpg

Manifold to turbo couplers.

IMG-2446.jpg
IMG-2448.jpg

6765 dual bb billet wheel turbos... China style lol.

IMG-2450.jpg
IMG-2451.jpg

IMG-2453.jpg

Here is a pic of the coupler bolted to the manifold. Clearly issues with the wastegate mount.

IMG-2449.jpg

Chopped it off and repositioned it. Welded her up and whola.

IMG-2457.jpg
IMG-2460.jpg
IMG-2456.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

How it sits now. The head of the WG is just below the frame rail. Not as tucked up as I would like TBH, but itll work.

IMG-2460.jpg
IMG_2461.jpg

Couple more pics of it all mounted up on the drivers side. Looks like I need to extend the downpipe about 6" (we all need a 6" extension--right?) to mate up to the X pipe.

IMG-2459.jpg
IMG-2458.jpg

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Props for doing something different. I’m interested to see the finished product.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Which T67 did you get?
upload_2018-11-30_2-0-42.png
or
upload_2018-11-30_2-1-2.png

Sponsored

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Awesome project man. Can’t wait to see the results. I’m sure it will pull like raped ape!

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
What are your plans come smog time? gotta love this shit state.
You don’t smog new vehicles for 7 years. By then I’ll have moved on I’m sure.

If not, I’ll smog it. :)

Which T67 did you get?
upload_2018-11-30_2-0-42.png
or
upload_2018-11-30_2-1-2.png
They are the dual bb ceramic. Top pic I believe.

I’ll have to double check part no.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Alright... only got about 3 hours to tinker today.

I used every bit of that time removing the factory passenger side manifold, hanging the new turbo manifold and removing the factory trans cooler and lines. All of it a HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS! Actually had to remove 4 or 5 of the manifold studs just to get the damn thing to come off even with the motor lifted about 4" up off the motor mount.

Need to run to the hardware store tomorrow and buy some bolts to get the pass side header fully bolted up and be done with that. Cant reuse some of the factory studs--too tight in there.

Going to make custom braided cooler lines and reroute/attach them to these cooler fittings/adapters. Should be pretty nice when done and free up a bunch of room on the pass side for intercooler piping.

pics

IMG_2466.jpg
IMG_E2464.jpg
IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

Initial mock up is telling me similar fab going to be required to keep the pass side wastegate from hitting the trans pan.

Down pipe also does not appear to line up exactly perfect with the turbo outlet v band. Might have to do some work on that one too.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Stock header comes off really easy without having to remove studs,did u take both parts of the motor mount off??

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Stock header comes off really easy without having to remove studs,did u take both parts of the motor mount off??
Not on passenger side lol! Drivers side was easy as pie.

Pass was hanging up on the AC line, frame rail, and studs.

I only removed the motor mount plate, not the actual mount that bolts to k member. Manifold was nowhere near the bottom mount so I left it.
Sponsored