• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Wisconsin 2018 TCU (Telematics Control Module) with connector - Add FordPass!

eddison

Selling a TCU out of a 2018 Explorer that I recently purchased. I originally wanted to get this working in my older F150, but quickly realized it operates on different CAN bus signals than what my F150 knows how to communicate with. I installed one of these in my 2018 Mustang last summer and it works great - FordPass picks up the correct vehicle (eg, this is out of an Explorer, but it will recognize that it's installed in your Mustang and FordPass will reflect that). I will also include the pigtail for the TCU side (~$30 for the pigtail).

I will also provide the buyer with schematics/diagrams for wiring the TCU. Please note that you need to have some wiring skill, as well as be able to use ForScan to make changes. Install "support" is not included - I was able to figure this out on my own by looking at the wiring diagrams and comparing AsBuilt from cars that came with it. As far as compatibility, I believe 2017's should work fine, 2018's will work fine. 2015-2016's might work, but may need PCM/BCM firmware updates to the latest builds available to recognize the TCU.

Asking $120 OBO shipped via USPS to the lower 48 for this. New-ish member (just haven't posted much), but I have an eBay profile that I'd be happy to supply showing excellent feedback.
file1-9.jpeg
file-32.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

eddison

Bump!

Will also trade for an OEM illuminated Pony grill mount emblem.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I am the one who bought your TCU on eBay. I have the older one in my car and it will not start the car for some reason. Locks and unlock work and if I use the key fob I can see the timer for the auto start clock. I have the older TCU and hope this one has something different with the firmware to work in my car. I used a fuse tap to wire for the power, but would you happen to know where you tapped in for power? I already have all the other ones soldered in except the power fuse tap I used.
I am the first one to do the 18 LCD Cluster install and thought I recognized your user ID from eBay to here. Thx Ray

OP
OP

eddison

I am the one who bought your TCU on eBay. I have the older one in my car and it will not start the car for some reason. Locks and unlock work and if I use the key fob I can see the timer for the auto start clock. I have the older TCU and hope this one has something different with the firmware to work in my car. I used a fuse tap to wire for the power, but would you happen to know where you tapped in for power? I already have all the other ones soldered in except the power fuse tap I used.
I am the first one to do the 18 LCD Cluster install and thought I recognized your user ID from eBay to here. Thx Ray
Hey Ray, indeed the same person! I will send you over the BCM side wiring diagram and see if I can look up the pin I used for the connector constant power. PM will be coming shortly.

Sponsored

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
Selling a TCU out of a 2018 Explorer that I recently purchased. I originally wanted to get this working in my older F150, but quickly realized it operates on different CAN bus signals than what my F150 knows how to communicate with. I installed one of these in my 2018 Mustang last summer and it works great - FordPass picks up the correct vehicle (eg, this is out of an Explorer, but it will recognize that it's installed in your Mustang and FordPass will reflect that). I will also include the pigtail for the TCU side (~$30 for the pigtail).

I will also provide the buyer with schematics/diagrams for wiring the TCU. Please note that you need to have some wiring skill, as well as be able to use ForScan to make changes. Install "support" is not included - I was able to figure this out on my own by looking at the wiring diagrams and comparing AsBuilt from cars that came with it. As far as compatibility, I believe 2017's should work fine, 2018's will work fine. 2015-2016's might work, but may need PCM/BCM firmware updates to the latest builds available to recognize the TCU.

Asking $120 OBO shipped via USPS to the lower 48 for this. New-ish member (just haven't posted much), but I have an eBay profile that I'd be happy to supply showing excellent feedback.
file1-9.jpeg
file-32.jpeg
Do you still have the wiring diagram for this? I’m trying to figure out if it’s possible to block the data signals to it for track day events, saw your post and realized it isn’t as simple as the Ford telematics add-on module.

OP
OP

eddison

Do you still have the wiring diagram for this? I’m trying to figure out if it’s possible to block the data signals to it for track day events, saw your post and realized it isn’t as simple as the Ford telematics add-on module.
You can pull the fuse or disconnect the TCU and it will not longer function until power is applied or it's plugged back in. There is no way to block the data to it unless you start hacking at the wiring, which could have ill effects on any other modules that share the same CAN bus.

IsaacRost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Isaac
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Hello, can you pm me the details on installing the TCU? I have a 2019 GT and I plan to do a sync 3 upgrade. I’d like the info on what I need as far as wiring the module correctly if it’s possible on a base model harness.
Sponsored