Threads
Reaction score
Website
Www.obsessivedetail.com
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt Premium PP1 race red
Is there any way to start the car in track mode all of the time or do you have to put it in track mode manually every time you start the car?
Sponsored

Last edited:

10r80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Is there any way to start the car in track mode all of the time or do you have to put it in track mode manually every time you start the car?
you need more be more obsessed over the details, that's where the answer may be.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
No
Outside of a few club cars that live 24/7 at a track the very vast majority of Mustangs are street cars and Ford is aware of that fact. Allowing individuals who want to run their cars constantly in track mode on city streets would expose Ford to huge civil liability from all the resulting accidents.

Thinking you have skill talent and ability to run a car in track mode on the street is vastly different from actually having the ability.... and 99.9% who think they have such ability dont.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I have not found a way to get it to start in anything but normal.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP

Sponsored

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
Can it start in "my mode" so that it starts in track mode for the active exhaust atleast?

OP
OP

ObsessiveDetail

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Www.obsessivedetail.com
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I was actually meaning starting the car in track exhaust mode. I have my mode set up in track mode but every time I start the car the exhaust reverts back to normal mode.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
No
Outside of a few club cars that live 24/7 at a track the very vast majority of Mustangs are street cars and Ford is aware of that fact. Allowing individuals who want to run their cars constantly in track mode on city streets would expose Ford to huge civil liability from all the resulting accidents.

Thinking you have skill talent and ability to run a car in track mode on the street is vastly different from actually having the ability.... and 99.9% who think they have such ability dont.
He’s asking about the exhaust, not the driving mode. Track mode for the exhaust is just “loud mode”, it does not affect anything else. 2018 MY has an active exhaust available that allows 4 different levels of sound. Safety is of no concern outside of perhaps angry neighbors confronting you about it. :p

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
I haven't found a way to start it with exhaust in track mode. I think that is intentional because you get the warning when you engage that mode for exhaust that it is for track only (basically only for places that allow higher dB). I don't recall but I think you can set my mode to sport exhaust and it will revert to that. I have mine set up for quiet mode when starting in morning, so I'll have to see how mine starts later at lunch or on way home to see if I can set sport mode in my mode, but I think I have done that before and it works. Just not track mode exhaust.

OP
OP

ObsessiveDetail

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Www.obsessivedetail.com
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I haven't found a way to start it with exhaust in track mode. I think that is intentional because you get the warning when you engage that mode for exhaust that it is for track only (basically only for places that allow higher dB). I don't recall but I think you can set my mode to sport exhaust and it will revert to that. I have mine set up for quiet mode when starting in morning, so I'll have to see how mine starts later at lunch or on way home to see if I can set sport mode in my mode, but I think I have done that before and it works. Just not track mode exhaust.
I haven’t tried starting it in sport mode. I have My mode setup for tract exhaust right now, I’ll change it to sport later and see what happens.

Sponsored

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
No

Dear gawd, how did people survive the muscle car days from the late 50's into the 70's? How do people even drive muscle cars or hotrods today without killing people and themselves? These cars without the computer aided driving are the same as a dreaded "black rifle"... Its a killer I tell you, no one should ever have that type of power on the streets, the plebs that own these cars cant control the POWER!!!!!:headbonk: :crazy:

Besides the OP was talking about the mode of the exhaust no the driving mode...

Last edited:

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Dear gawd, how did people survive the muscle car days from the late 50's intro the 70's? How do people even drive muscle cars or hotrods today without killing people and themselves? These cars without the computer aided driving are the same as a dreaded "black rifle"... Its a killer I tell you, no one should ever have that type of power on the streets, the plebs that own these cars cant control the POWER!!!!!:headbonk: :crazy:

Besides the OP was talking about the mode of the exhaust no the driving mode...
Try and see it from Ford's POV. Lawyers weren't nearly as lawsuit happy 50 years ago as they are today so Ford is just trying to cover their ass.

Also, exhaust mode is tied to drive mode for 2018.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Also, exhaust mode is tied to drive mode for 2018.
No, it’s not. With the active exhaust equipped, you can independently set the exhaust mode - just like how you can independently set the steering feel regardless of drive mode. Switching drive modes will default the exhaust to the corresponding exhaust mode, however, you can independently switch the exhaust mode after switching. Ie: in normal mode the default exhaust is “normal”, however you can switch it to sport or track and maintain the normal drive mode setting. You can do the same in sport driving mode (the exhaust defaults to sport, but you can independently change the exhaust to normal, track or quiet).

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
No, it’s not. With the active exhaust equipped, you can independently set the exhaust mode - just like how you can independently set the steering feel regardless of drive mode.
My apologies. But even if you can adjust it independently, it still changes with the drive mode first by default. Kind of like how I have to go from Normal to Sport+ in the morning and then change the steering back to normal for my commute.

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Try and see it from Ford's POV. Lawyers weren't nearly as lawsuit happy 50 years ago as they are today so Ford is just trying to cover their ass.
My post was in reference to this:

"Thinking you have skill talent and ability to run a car in track mode on the street is vastly different from actually having the ability.... and 99.9% who think they have such ability dont."

I know why ford and other manufacturers do it.:cheers:
Sponsored