Sponsored

2018 Sound Tube

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I removed it when installing my oil catch can, the difference is very noticable, the quiet setting with my active exhaust before removing, sounds like the normal setting after removing the tube.
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I removed mine along with the engine cover. Neither of which will be going back on.

Last edited:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I removed it when installing my oil catch can, the difference is very noticable, the quiet setting with my active exhaust before removing, sounds like the normal setting after removing the tube.
The quiet setting now sounds like the normal mode ?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Yeah that's confusing me as well. Wouldn't it be quieter than before, if anything?

The valve is intriguing, I don't really want to rip stuff out of the car so if that works just as well while keeping it pretty OEM looking I'm game.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Do you mean what you wrote because it says that they will both be going back on?;)
Got carried away. Dooh!! Corrected now. They will not be going back on.

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Yeah that's confusing me as well. Wouldn't it be quieter than before, if anything?

I get it. You have to read the post again. "Normal" mode now is as quiet as "Quiet" mode used to be.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual

I get it. You have to read the post again. "Normal" mode now is as quiet as "Quiet" mode used to be.
. So you take out the sound tube out and the car is what ? One word please

Last edited:

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Just curious. Do people who spend money to make their exhaust systems louder also remove the sound tube which brings intake sound into the car?

I can understand removing it if you need better access but I have trouble understanding why so many guys don't like a tube which brings intake noise to the interior.

Dick
Old guy who likes to hear intake noise as well as exhaust noise.
My last car (2016 SHO) made just shy of 400hp to the tires through the stock exhaust and I replaced it's sound tube/intake with one from a Ford Flex that didn't have the sound tube. It made a lot of obnoxiously loud '15-17 5.0's look bad getting beat by a stock looking/sounding 4400lbs 4-door. In a video of a 70-166mph run I did, it was quiet enough on the inside you could hear my breathing.

My 2018 GT will get it removed when the Whipple goes on and I spec'd the active exhaust solely to have quiet mode. I want my vehicles quiet 99% of the time.

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
My car had 16 miles on it when the Sound Tube was removed. I found the best way to get to it was from underneath the car. 1/4 inch ratchet, 14 inch long extension, 1/4 inch universal, and 10mm socket.

On the 5.0 It's a hell of a lot better than hanging over the fender and tearing up your hand trying to get to it.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP

The valve is intriguing, I don't really want to rip stuff out of the car so if that works just as well while keeping it pretty OEM looking I'm game.
guys, please read carefully, the quiet before removing, sounds like normal after, i.e. it's much quieter now.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
If the sound tube were chrome and popped up through the hood like intake trumpets it would be much more popular.
Sponsored