2018 Shelby Super Snake Wide Body build to begin

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I had my truck done professionally with Cquartz Finest. It can only be applied by certified and approved detail shops. The product is available to consumers. They do a multiple step process before applying the coating.
It took 3 workers about 10 hours to complete. The whole exterior was done, including the inside of the wheels

Here's another great ceramic coating video.
Yep....that's everything I used! Then Flyby 30 for all the glass!!

https://www.carpro-us.com/protection/carpro-flyby30-windshield-coating-full-kit-20ml/
Sponsored

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Thanks guys. Now all I need is the car to practice on!!!!

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
You guys know how it is!! The waiting is the worst like a kid waiting on Christmas morning but you know what you are getting!!

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
[ame]

New Shelby Super snake video. Some good images of the wide body. Note the massive size of the rear tire!! Thing has a bad ass stance! Holy Mother of God! Just a time passer.

Sponsored

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok gentlemen, we have some time to burn. So, for the sake of conversation I would like to pose a question or two. I know the Super Snake WB will be a hell of a car in itself once it arrives. So, the question is can you buy a car like this and leave it totally as is? Or should you or not. The modifying bug is strong with me. I have never been able to leave any of my cars as is! So, that brings us to the Super Snake. What do you guys think about making mods to it?

1. Would you leave it totally untouched?

2.Modify away. If so what would you guys like to see if you where doing the modifying? (Not really meaning performance wise as I figure the power and handling are going to be sufficient).

Just curious to see what you guys think. Fire away.
I would leave everything cosmetically as it is.

However, I would upgrade your oil pump gears, sprockets, chains, and chain guides. This just protects the engine from catastrophe given all the power.

Same goes on the drive train. When a kit becomes available upgrade the intermediate shaft, torque converter, and drive shaft as well. Its probably 4-5k in parts and labor, but your car will put more power to the ground and you won't have worries about pushing it to the limit.

Just my two sense lol

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Very helpful. Thank you for the info.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3

New Shelby Super snake video. Some good images of the wide body. Note the massive size of the rear tire!! Thing has a bad ass stance! Holy Mother of God! Just a time passer.
Awesome stuff man. That car sounds mean.
And yes,...those rear tires are massive. Needs to be to put down all that power to the pavement. lol

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Kills ms the 2018 uses the old headlights. Just like the GT500 rendering using the old headlights too. Cmon people get your shit together.

LOL GT500 is going to come out amd people are going to be like sweet 2015.

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
IMG_1259.JPG

IMG_1237.JPG

The 2018 uses 2018 lights. That above is a 17. The fronts are pretty different. The show the 18 and 17 in the video.

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Ok gentlemen, we have some time to burn. So, for the sake of conversation I would like to pose a question or two. I know the Super Snake WB will be a hell of a car in itself once it arrives. So, the question is can you buy a car like this and leave it totally as is? Or should you or not. The modifying bug is strong with me. I have never been able to leave any of my cars as is! So, that brings us to the Super Snake. What do you guys think about making mods to it?

1. Would you leave it totally untouched?

2.Modify away. If so what would you guys like to see if you where doing the modifying? (Not really meaning performance wise as I figure the power and handling are going to be sufficient).

Just curious to see what you guys think. Fire away.
My vote is to leave it untouched. I got the EB to mod as they are cheap and dime-a-dozen, which Super Snake is not. I'd feel much less bad breaking an EB while modding over the Super Snake.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I can't get enough of the '18 SS WB.........can't wait to see progress on your build :cheers:

The only thing I'd change from stock (other than getting it ceramic coated, as suggested) would be to get black wheels. I know they are a very personal thing, but I love these wheels on the '18 NB (normal body :D ) seen this week!

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg
Sponsored