OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Ok gentlemen, we have some time to burn. So, for the sake of conversation I would like to pose a question or two. I know the Super Snake WB will be a hell of a car in itself once it arrives. So, the question is can you buy a car like this and leave it totally as is? Or should you or not. The modifying bug is strong with me. I have never been able to leave any of my cars as is! So, that brings us to the Super Snake. What do you guys think about making mods to it?

1. Would you leave it totally untouched?

2.Modify away. If so what would you guys like to see if you where doing the modifying? (Not really meaning performance wise as I figure the power and handling are going to be sufficient).

Just curious to see what you guys think. Fire away.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
You'll have engine performance and suspension upgrades to match. The driveline would be upgraded already as well.
I say leave it as is.

Maybe get it ceramic coated though. ;)

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I definitely want her ceramic coated. Im going to see if they have some one to do it there in Vegas before she ships. Unfortunately where I live in rural Arkansas there aren't many options for having it done. Unless I do it myself!

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I definitely want her ceramic coated. Im going to see if they have some one to do it there in Vegas before she ships. Unfortunately where I live in rural Arkansas there aren't many options for having it done. Unless I do it myself!
I'm sure the finish from Shelby will be worthy of doing it yourself, but I'm sure in Vegas.....they can git er done !! You will love it!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I'm sure the finish from Shelby will be worthy of doing it yourself, but I'm sure in Vegas.....they can git er done !! You will love it!!
Been looking at a bunch of videos on doing ceramic coating. It doesn't appear to be that complicated. Not much different than waxing. As long as the paint is already good to go and does not need anything beforehand which it should be. Have any of you guys done a ceramic coating on your car yourselves?

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Been looking at a bunch of videos on doing ceramic coating. It doesn't appear to be that complicated. Not much different than waxing. As long as the paint is already good to go and does not need anything beforehand which it should be. Have any of you guys done a ceramic coating on your car yourselves?
I have, like you said, as long as the paint is in perfect shape it's very easy. Time consuming to do right, but it's not hard at all!

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Chad, What brand are you using?
I wetsanded/polished.....cleaned, cleaned, cleaned with eraser....then used CQuartz UK ...the videos are there...just take your time and turn over applicator cloths...do 3ft sections.....

Wetsanding....paint correction was a few days!! The Ceramic Coating was 3 days in my garage.....a few panels a day for 2 days...nice and easy, beers and music...leave it overnight then...the reload on the 3rd day!! Leave for 24 hrs before driving..aka, no wate//rain whatsoever n it! Absolutely incredible! And...you can say "I did it myself!!!" See my build video!! :cheers:

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Thanks voodoo. I will definitely take a look!

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Like Voodoo, I used cquartz UK. I wasn't brave enough for wetsanding though :cheers:

My paint was in great shape as the car was only 2 months old and the dealer treated her well so it only needed about 2 passes with a light polish. I then used carpro essence as a base on a carpro gloss pad followed by two coats of cquartz UK. I used the 30ml bottle and have some to spare for the wheels after two coats. Then I let it dry and topped it with reload. Super easy. It was about 2 6hr days the first being polishing and the next coating. I let it sit in the garage without driving it another 24hrs just to make sure it was all set up.

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Thanks guys. I think I'll give her a shot. I have detailed all my cars for years. Just have not tried the ceramic yet!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I had my truck done professionally with Cquartz Finest. It can only be applied by certified and approved detail shops. The product is available to consumers. They do a multiple step process before applying the coating.
It took 3 workers about 10 hours to complete. The whole exterior was done, including the inside of the wheels

Here's another great ceramic coating video.
[ame]
Sponsored