Sponsored

2018 Shelby GT500 Renders

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I hope you are right. Chevy usually brings out the base model then goes up from there. This would make the GT500 look like the better option for me! If they bring the base out first it will take them forever to get around to a ZR1 edition! The only way I see that not happening is if the C8 is a stand alone model in edition to the Corvette! But I really don't see that happening!?!
No one really knows! Even the people close to GM don’t know for sure. Many of them swear the front engine isn’t going anywhere and there’ll be 2-3 ME models an addition to the FE cars. Figure 2-3 staggered in between the FE cars. So possibly like a GS as a mid trim, another under FE ZR, then a top halo car starting around 160-175k. I really don’t know. I’m hoping they bring out a halo ME (see how the response is) then bring out a model or two below. Either they’ll sell ME at about the current pricing or they sell it along the FE. NO way do they go all ME but start pricing around 100k.
Sponsored

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I've been doing a little investigating today. As I have already placed an order for a 2019 Shelby GT500 R (just had major prostate surgery and figure I have only so much time left so I'd better do this sooner than later. The car is going to go to my son when I'm gone) So I've always been more than just a little curious about how Ford goes to market with the "R" Model. As a business owner I am happy to receive and ship as many orders as we can get. Ford on the other hand seems to like to produce a limited number of the "R" Shelby. I find this strange in a couple of ways. One, wouldn't it be better to have your "Flagship" auto on the street and be seen as much as possible? Two, as a Ford shareholder I would like to see Ford sell as many cars as they can produce!!! So I do not see what Ford has to gain by limiting the number of "R" Shelby's that they produce???
In Canada on Auto Trader, there are currently some 75, 2017 Shelby GT350s for sale and there are 5 Brand NEW 2017 Shelby GT350 "R"s for sale. So, what's the big deal and why are people so stupid to pay $10,000.00 over MSRP ??????? After all, its just another car and they'll make more of them next year and the year after !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You gotta understand marketing. Do some research on Jordan shoes. They only make a limited amount and people stand in lines and fight each other for the right to pay $200 for some shoes they made in China for $5. If they made all anyone could buy nobody would want them.

Kenardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Boss 302
Well, I 've been in sales and marketing for 45 years. Won every award the industry has to offer several times over and I am in their Hall of Fame. I own and run a successful multi-million dollar business. So I know a little something about it!
Its a colossal leap from $100,000.00 cars to $200.00 shoes.
One ford dealer in Canada, Jubilee Ford has 22, 2017 GT350s on their lot. What kinda sales and marketing is that? When the 2019 comes out the 75 + GT350s on Autotrader in Canada and ever unsold GT350 "R" will plummet in price !!!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Well, I 've been in sales and marketing for 45 years. Won every award the industry has to offer several times over and I am in their Hall of Fame. I own and run a successful multi-million dollar business. So I know a little something about it!
One ford dealer in Canada, Jubilee Ford has 22, 2017 GT350s on their lot. What kinda sales and marketing is that? When the 2019 comes out the 75 + GT350s on Autotrader in Canada and ever unsold GT350 "R" will plummet in price !!!
Sorry about your Prostate problem. There is still a chance, please always have hope.

Regarding your logic with making as many as possible. Look at GM. They discount the corvette special editions so much it makes no sense to make that many. I personally won’t buy one because even after I buy it at steep discounts it will plummet a lot more. That’s not the only reason...I have a soft spot for fords. Ford I think still produces too many. You said it yourself, that one dealer will sell those 22, 350s at discounts sooner or later. With Fords, you just have to have patience. A while ago people were paying lots over for an R. Now you see a lot more people paying 5k or MSRP. They are continuing thru 18, 19 and 20 it seems by the leaked info. So....after 5000 units a year, there should be an absolute glut of them on the market.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Jubilee is not a good example and doesn’t actually fit your model.

They’re actually a fairly large dealership and the only SVT dealer servicing Saskatoon and area. One of two in Saskatchewan I think.

I purchased an R there, and they were fair.

Now, the season and the fiber of person who comes from Saskatchewan is a lot different than Alberta or BC. They have winter even longer than Alberta and three times longer than BC. Also farmers don’t tend to drive Shelby’s.

And although you say you’ve ordered a 500R (which doesn’t exist) I wouldn’t be telling people that. It is false.

Also, I feel for your surgery please do some research on the Gat Goran procedure. I think you might be a poor candidate but they’re leaders in the field.

Sponsored

Kenardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Boss 302
Darkane ~ Well we shall have to agree to disagree.
Jubilee Ford is an excellent example and it does fit MY model rather well. Sorry if you are not able to see that.
Jubilee are a leading SVT Dealer in Canada. I bought a 2001 Bullitt and other cars from Jubilee and I was treated very fairly. I tried to purchase a 2007 GT500 from Jubilee and they wanted a $10,000.00 premium on top of MSRP and I said keep your car. I will agree that the season in SK is a lot different than in BC but winter has arrived in SK and with 22, 2017 GT350s on the lot how many are going to move over the winter. With the lower price of oil the economy in SK is way down and money is tight in SK. I know because my son lives in Melfort and his company is short of work and laying guys off. Also, a close friend of mine is a major commercial land owner in SK and he has started to sell his properties. His tenants are asking for rent reductions due to the failing economy. So if farmers don't tend to buy Shelby's and if the economy is failing why does Jubilee have 22 GT350s on the lot or should I say that's why Jubilee has 22 Shelby's on the lot ?!
Yes I have ordered a GT500 and the dealer has accepted my order. NOT False. Everyone knows that there's one coming next year unless you've been living under a rock.
FYI, my prostate surgery was done on Nov 14th., just waiting for the pathology report. My kidney surgery is pending. Probably next week.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Darkane ~ Well we shall have to agree to disagree.
Jubilee Ford is an excellent example and it does fit MY model rather well. Sorry if you are not able to see that.
Jubilee are a leading SVT Dealer in Canada. I bought a 2001 Bullitt and other cars from Jubilee and I was treated very fairly. I tried to purchase a 2007 GT500 from Jubilee and they wanted a $10,000.00 premium on top of MSRP and I said keep your car. I will agree that the season in SK is a lot different than in BC but winter has arrived in SK and with 22, 2017 GT350s on the lot how many are going to move over the winter. With the lower price of oil the economy in SK is way down and money is tight in SK. I know because my son lives in Melfort and his company is short of work and laying guys off. Also, a close friend of mine is a major commercial land owner in SK and he has started to sell his properties. His tenants are asking for rent reductions due to the failing economy. So if farmers don't tend to buy Shelby's and if the economy is failing why does Jubilee have 22 GT350s on the lot or should I say that's why Jubilee has 22 Shelby's on the lot ?!
Yes I have ordered a GT500 and the dealer has accepted my order. NOT False. Everyone knows that there's one coming next year unless you've been living under a rock.
FYI, my prostate surgery was done on Nov 14th., just waiting for the pathology report. My kidney surgery is pending. Probably next week.
I was more referring to the fact that a large SVT dealer doesn’t exactly get to pick how many cars they receive. They have a max and a min, being the largest in SK they got way more than geographically capable of offloading. It’s also no secret the 350s haven’t been selling as well here, as our southern friends.

Godspeed with the next surgery! Hope all works out well.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Honestly, being a physician... doesn’t matter how much money you make, death is inevitable. Also, doesn’t matter how much “in the know” you have, Ford hadn’t confirmed a 500R. I do hope they produce one, though.

There’s a little TMI in these posts... I wish you well though.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I also have been in sales and marketing for ~50 years with my first car being a '67 Cougar as well and I bought that car in Saskatoon but that is where our thinking is very similar.

For you to suggest that the "R" model will plummet in price is quite hilarious especially with only 5 brand new R models left for sale in Canada based on ~35 SVT dealerships for the whole country.

In my opinion the GT350 appeals to enthusiasts who still like a NA small block especially one that is a FPC design whereas the GT500 will have a FI engine such as the cars from 2007 to 2014.

It is interesting to note that Jubilee Ford treated you fairly then you go onto say how they wanted a $10,000 ADM on a 2007 GT500 of which Ford built ~11,000 for the 2007 MY. I negotiated a purchase with Jubilee Ford on a 2017 R model for a relative and would never do business with them again based on what they tried to pull after the fact.

Lastly, Ford has not announced a GT500/GT500 R and for any Ford dealership to take your deposit at this time is pretty much astounding.

PS: I hope that your health issues improve immensely in the near future!!

:cheers:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You do know that for every "R" model allocation that the ~35 SVT dealerships got they could order up to 15 regular GT350's with many of them getting greedy therefore lots of GT350's sitting around on dealership lots in Canada.

I had one dealership in Western Canada call me and offered me one of their many Track Pack models at $5000 below MSRP and I probably could have done better.

To compare pricing in Canada for a regular GT350 and an R model does not make any sense based on supply and demand.

;)

Sponsored

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
Leaked documentation showing the GT350 through 2020.

Also a supercharged 5.2 500 engine.
Very interesting. I was sure 2018 was the final year. Can't wait to see what the changes to the 19 & 20 model years will be.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
There are oil documents out there still that show 2013/2014 GT500's on them, just an FYI.
This oil document, however, is something that is a little different. It maybe came from Roush, not Ford, and it may not even be legit, but cant see why someone would forge it.

I wouldn't see why dealers would take GT350's over GT500s when they start to roll out. The 350's will be clogging up showrooms and the GT500's would be flying off the shelf * depending on price *. If I was a dealer, I'd want the ones that sell at MSRP all day long, not ones selling for -2 to 5k and sitting. Only way I see the GT350 selling decently for the first year at MSRP is with the DCT included and a bump of 30HP. Just a guess...

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe