Sponsored

2018 Shelby GT500 Renders

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
They have not finalized pricing as of yet. Seeing that a "regular" super snake can get close to 100k it want be cheap. Just how bad is yet to be seen. They are going to let me know as soon as I can come out to Vegas for a test drive. I was really on the fence till I found out I could use an 18. They don't have a lot of specifics yet. It is geared towards handling/road course which is exactly what I want. Can't wait to see what they come up with! Don't mind paying if it's badass!
Awesome!
Good luck and keep us posted please. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm beginning to wonder if Ford is going to produce a GT500. Seems they are more concerned about management and the direction of the company right now. Hope performance is not put on the back burner.

They aren't firing any of the performance management, so thats good news.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Take all the Shelby badging off and it'll be closer to reality. The GT500, since its return in 2007, is not a Shelby, and for the new model, the "Shelby" name is finally gone. It will not share the hood with the GT350, nor the wheels or front bumper/lower splitter. Lastly, it'll be called: GT500/Cobra, or the reverse. Or possibly Mustang Cobra GT. I've seen most of the test mules pulling in and out of the R&D building in Dearborn and cruising in the deserts in Phoenix AZ near Luke AFB and aroud LA/Hollywood. They're definitely not supercharged or turbo charged. And definitely sound far different than a 5.2 FPC. They sound closer to the old 5.8 without the supercharger whine, as in big, beefy deep throated engine. Bigger even than 5.8L. I've tried getting a close friend that works on the SVT group, even closer, using various tactics ;) to get info, but he must have gone through the automotive version of the same SERE training I got in the SFOD course. I'm going to have to be buddy-buddy and use alcohol as a last resort. It makes for a nice homemade Sodium Pentathol, lol....

Thanks for getting the juices flowing. The thought of a large NA engine is more than arousing. It would be epic to have a 7L stuffed in there. I can only imagine how great it will be. It will be a bitch to get one, but if it has a large NA in there, I'll be getting it, one way or another.
The TT 5.0 is my next fave and finally supercharged. I hope ford doesn't go the same route as its competition. Maybe a couple of different options, that way it pleases the crowd. If it does come with a large NA engine, I can only imagine how tough one will be to get...especially if they have low production.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Who knows what the largest capacity quadcam V8 ever installed in a production passenger vehicle? I can't think of anything greater than the 5.8.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Who knows what the largest capacity quadcam V8 ever installed in a production passenger vehicle? I can't think of anything greater than the 5.8.
Kind of production.

18 L's

Ford GAA Sherman tank motor all-aluminum 32-valve DOHC 60-degree V8...

And people say pushrod motors are archaic.
ford-mustang-gaa-v-8.jpg

Sponsored

S922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Take all the Shelby badging off and it'll be closer to reality. The GT500, since its return in 2007, is not a Shelby, and for the new model, the "Shelby" name is finally gone. It will not share the hood with the GT350, nor the wheels or front bumper/lower splitter. Lastly, it'll be called: GT500/Cobra, or the reverse. Or possibly Mustang Cobra GT. I've seen most of the test mules pulling in and out of the R&D building in Dearborn and cruising in the deserts in Phoenix AZ near Luke AFB and aroud LA/Hollywood. They're definitely not supercharged or turbo charged. And definitely sound far different than a 5.2 FPC. They sound closer to the old 5.8 without the supercharger whine, as in big, beefy deep throated engine. Bigger even than 5.8L. I've tried getting a close friend that works on the SVT group, even closer, using various tactics ;) to get info, but he must have gone through the automotive version of the same SERE training I got in the SFOD course. I'm going to have to be buddy-buddy and use alcohol as a last resort. It makes for a nice homemade Sodium Pentathol, lol....
Interesting post. Needs salt, unfortunately.

syn34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
So the upcoming GT500 will have no "Shelby" badging what so ever? How do you know this?

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Kind of production.

18 L's

Ford GAA Sherman tank motor all-aluminum 32-valve DOHC 60-degree V8...

And people say pushrod motors are archaic.
I totally forgot about that one.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
SVT group?... what SVT group?

Is your name James Comey by chance?... you've seen these cars in 3 different locales and no pics or video clips?... I call BS.:ninja:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Hahahaha... I'm hoping he's right but yeah... SVT lol

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Hey, for what its worth, even though SVT is no longer the group name, that name is still commonly used within Ford in my experience. Old habits, etc. So I'd excuse such a misnomer generally speaking...

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Hey, for what its worth, even though SVT is no longer the group name, that name is still commonly used within Ford in my experience. Old habits, etc. So I'd excuse such a misnomer generally speaking...
What about the tarmac meeting at three different places?... huh buddy?... fess'up. :headbonk: