Sponsored

2018 Shelby GT500 Renders

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Now THIS is what I hope the next GT500 looks like. If not this, it would also be an awesome refresh for the GT350R.

I may be in the minority but personally, I am not a fan of the blue 2019 drawing and favor the above render.
completely agree. this render is the first time I've looked at an 18 and thought it looked good.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
only thing I don't like about the Top Speed rendering is the channeling intake on the bumper. Wouldn't stop me from buying it but I don't like the look of it, though it would probably do well bringing air in. I like the wing how its off the body, I always preferred them that way vs all the way across, flush fit on the tail.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Been talking to Shelby America about doing a Super Snake Wide body based on an 18 model. I am getting frustrated with Ford with how long it is taking for the new model to show. Maybe between now and then the HaloStang will show and I will be able to see both. It will still be the middle of next year for the Shelby which suck but I think it will be worth the wait. I really like the massive look of the rear on the wide body and doubt the new GT500 will be that wild. Anyway hopefully Ford will blow us away and the wait will be worth while. Just glad there is another option now.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
I'm beginning to wonder if Ford is going to produce a GT500. Seems they are more concerned about management and the direction of the company right now. Hope performance is not put on the back burner.

Sponsored

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
The Cobra badge is silver so I'm assuming that this is just the regular Gt500 and not the R ;-)

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Now THIS is what I hope the next GT500 looks like. If not this, it would also be an awesome refresh for the GT350R.

I may be in the minority but personally, I am not a fan of the blue 2019 drawing and favor the above render.
Too much GT350 and not enough original styling

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
Damn good Rendering it looks just like a GT350, in my opinion, the GT500 should look more arngry IDK it just looks the same as every other GT

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
Take all the Shelby badging off and it'll be closer to reality. The GT500, since its return in 2007, is not a Shelby, and for the new model, the "Shelby" name is finally gone. It will not share the hood with the GT350, nor the wheels or front bumper/lower splitter. Lastly, it'll be called: GT500/Cobra, or the reverse. Or possibly Mustang Cobra GT. I've seen most of the test mules pulling in and out of the R&D building in Dearborn and cruising in the deserts in Phoenix AZ near Luke AFB and aroud LA/Hollywood. They're definitely not supercharged or turbo charged. And definitely sound far different than a 5.2 FPC. They sound closer to the old 5.8 without the supercharger whine, as in big, beefy deep throated engine. Bigger even than 5.8L. I've tried getting a close friend that works on the SVT group, even closer, using various tactics ;) to get info, but he must have gone through the automotive version of the same SERE training I got in the SFOD course. I'm going to have to be buddy-buddy and use alcohol as a last resort. It makes for a nice homemade Sodium Pentathol, lol....

Sponsored

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have seen a handful of these with the fender vents and airslots in the front of the bulging rear fenders. And a large hood vent similar to the 13-14' GT500's, but sitting back in the rear part of the hood, vs the front.... I also have seen more Mustang Cobra-Jet twin turbo engines being tested while taking a slightly classified tour with my good buddy. With the Cobra-Jet doing well, and reliable it makes one wonder? Hmmm :/, why all these extra engines in testing. They're pretty quiet compared to the actual Cobra-Jet and the turbos reside right next to where those front fender vents sit.... But since the 18' mustang order banks open in July and still have no power plant output for both the 2.3 & 5.0, it would behoove FMC to get that info out yesterday!!!!

My confidence is high, that the 2.3T will have the power rating that the Ford Racing tune is at: 340hp//335-365 tq.... I further think that this new & Improved 5.0 will be above the Cam SS. Ford is getting tired of playing "catch up" to the Cam SS in hp and might actually equal or better it in cornering for the first time ever. Remember the top hp rating on the stg3 Ford Racing package? It was 475 hp. We can only hope. Plus with the 10 spd auto, this will be the quickest mustang GT ever. I didn't says fastest, because "quick" refers to acceleration time. To many idiots use the wrong word, "fast", which refers to the speed/mph something is moving at. Just like when something is neat or awesome, properly >> it's "Kool", not "Cool".... "Cool" describes a range of temperature. "Kool" is for everything else.
Don't mind me. I was typing this at 0200 as in Zero Two Hundered, not "Oh Two Hundred" Or on tightening those valve cover bolts: >> it's not: inches per lb, it's: lbs per inch. Same for: engine torque, it's: lbs per ft (lb-ft), not "ft-lbs".. I avoid tuners and shops that say: ft-lbs, because it tells me they don't know what they're doing or talking about, when they can't use proper terminology. Oh well... And folks, don't try to compare any production mustang to a Dodge Demon. The Demon is 90% 1/4 mi car, 10% street car. It's 840-865 hp on race gas, 808 hp on 93 fuel and 792 hp on 91..... If you stripped a 13-14' GT500 to just one seat, no A/C, radio, no power anything, no sound-deadening material or insulation, then put 50 lbs lighter each, skinny front wheels on it and 25 lbs lighter each, rear drag wheels on it and a special ECU tuned on 102-116 race gas, I bet that GT500 would run mid 9's at 135 mph.

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took my 1998 Nissan Sentra SE-R ( back in 2000), with its 174 hp, ran it Oem on 91 gas, and did 0-60 mph : 7.3 sec and 16.1 sec 1/4.... Then I stripped it to the level that the Demon is at and put 93 gas plus octane booster, (one of the two that actually have been proven to work (STP and NOS brand), and base Sentras tiny wheels and ran a sticky tire and did 5.4 sec to 60 mph and 14.6 in the 1/4... I dropped 375 lbs off that Sentra. The Demon is actually 260 lbs lighter in Track Configuration, while Showroom configuration adds 230 lbs back to the car and only 792-808 hp, octane dependent.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Been talking to Shelby America about doing a Super Snake Wide body based on an 18 model. I am getting frustrated with Ford with how long it is taking for the new model to show. Maybe between now and then the HaloStang will show and I will be able to see both. It will still be the middle of next year for the Shelby which suck but I think it will be worth the wait. I really like the massive look of the rear on the wide body and doubt the new GT500 will be that wild. Anyway hopefully Ford will blow us away and the wait will be worth while. Just glad there is another option now.
Did you get a quote on pricing??
That is going to be one expensive build. (All depends on the options you throw on it, but still expensive none the less.)

ISHLISS

Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro LT1
Wow that looks great, looks very production and not concept like the blue car.

Blue car is cool, but no way in hell would ford build that. (not to mention that render is a Galpin-fisker rocket)

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Did you get a quote on pricing??
That is going to be one expensive build. (All depends on the options you throw on it, but still expensive none the less.)
They have not finalized pricing as of yet. Seeing that a "regular" super snake can get close to 100k it want be cheap. Just how bad is yet to be seen. They are going to let me know as soon as I can come out to Vegas for a test drive. I was really on the fence till I found out I could use an 18. They don't have a lot of specifics yet. It is geared towards handling/road course which is exactly what I want. Can't wait to see what they come up with! Don't mind paying if it's badass!
Sponsored