turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Alright, I fired the car up to set fuel pressures and again no leaks, which feels awesome. I was setting pressures on the regs but the gauge on the primary regulator was very erratic while the gauge on the secondary regulator was perfectly still. I was going to start the process of swapping the gauges based on the recommendation by Jn2ning (again who has been with me every step of the way, excellent support!) but the fuel pressure fell off and the car stalled. Jn2ning helped me through several troubleshooting steps since the pumps wouldn't kick on. Ended up being a ground issue which we solved. The car runs again but the one gauge is still erratic. I set the pressures the best that I could. Once the car cools back down and the pressure bleeds off, I will swap the gauges to see what happens.

All in all, this is good. The car runs again and doesn't leak! Jn2ning continues to prove how much he has his shit together and cares about his customers.

Stay tuned for more.
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Update:

Swapped the fuel pressure gauges around and whatever gauge is on the primary regulator bounces. So both gauges are good. In talking to Jn2ning, it sounds like the pulsing of the HPFP has an impact on the gauge based on it's close proximity. I'll deal with the bouncing gauge for now but will try to figure it out eventually.

Started cleaning up the fuel hat wiring. Wrapped up everything under the hood and put the cover back on.

fuelwiring.jpg

vaclines.jpg

fueldone.jpg

Next step is to get a tune revision from Rob at PBD.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
No revised tune today, but Beefcake is killing it! My driveshaft will be here Wednesday. I'll be putting that bad boy in this weekend :)

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Great news! Got revised tunes from PBD! They are on it!

Also received the driveshaft :) the driveshaft loop was sent out today!

ds1.jpg
ds2.jpg
ds3.jpg
ds4.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Driveshaft swap complete.

Stocker:

old driveshaft.jpg

Diff side:

diff.jpg

Trans side:

driveshaft installed.jpg

Snow is on the ground here, so no test drives. Going to play with tunes soon and see how it idles and revs through lower rpm band. More to come!!

Sponsored

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Looking forward to the driveshaft results. I'm itching to replace mine as well, but afraid of vibration issues. Your build is seriously giving me E85 envy!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Battery is dead in the mustang. Didn't expect the cold to be that hard on it? My other two vehicles are doing fine. Time to pull the battery and put on trickle.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
It would appear that the batteries in these 2018's are junk. Mine went after 6 months.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I put the battery conditioner on. We'll see what happens.

The driveshaft loop is in!!

dsloop.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Put the driveshaft loop in tonight. Boy does it get tight when you have headers that have the o2 sensor locations where they do. Seems like we're all good for clearance though.

loop.jpg

loop1.jpg
loop2.jpg

Still working on charging the battery to start the car. More to come, friends!

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Battery is charged and the car starts with no issues, no dead cell in the battery. I'm going to keep an eye on it though since there's been others with these symptoms. I loaded a new tune from Rob at PBD for the fuel system and it's solid so far. No CELs!

I moved the car back and forth in the garage to listen for any driveshaft noise and none there so far. I'll eventually back it out of the garage and see what happens.

Stay tuned!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Car fired right up today, smooth idle on the tune. Hopefully whatever killed the battery is solved.

Still thinking suspension, axles, racing seats with harnesses, and a roll bar/cage. All in time.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Haven't done much with the mustang over the last month. Hopefully with xmas and the new year behind me I can start to think about the car again. I did put the drag wheels and tires up for sale.

Ready for it to be summer again.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Change ur name?
I did. The admins were helpful in doing so. I figured it was time to drop the name from when I was in HS with my SRT-4. I changed youtube to match as well, not that I have much of a channel or anything.
Sponsored