turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I can see oil residue around the pcv hose clamps. Who knows of a 5/8" 2 port oil catch can that mounts driver side? I don't want to spend $300 on the procharger UPR kit. I can buy my own fittings and hose if needed, just need a good can with a mounting solution.

Let me know what's out there.

Thanks

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
100% of the plumbing is done minus one line from the primary regulator to the passenger front rail. The coolant line is in the way on my car. Could be a combination of where the coolant line was placed plus the injector height, no big deal and not a fault of Jn2ning. I still have some electrical to do. Again, Jn2ning has been right there to answer every question I had. Seriously look this guy up! Sorry for the poor quality phone pics:

fs1.jpg
fs2.jpg
fs3.jpg
fs4.jpg
fs5.jpg
fs6.jpg
fs7.jpg
fs8.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Pic of the coolant line clearance:

fs9.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Ordered a universal black UPR 5/8" catch can to solve the residue issue. It shipped USPS, fingers crossed it comes lol Also picked up some wiring connectors after work to finish up the fuel system wiring. I may take a break tonight though, these body parts are sore from working on the cold shop floor last night.

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Just kidding, I finished the fuel system install. I felt the groove and just knocked it out. I was able to test the fuel level sending unit and it is reading properly which is a great sign! All wiring is done. Waiting on that one fitting to clear the coolant line and then I'll test for leaks before setting fuel pressure. Maybe this coming weekend it'll be wrapped, hard to say with Thanksgiving possibly slowing down delivery of fitting. I swapped off the drag wheels and tires and brought them inside for the winter, back on with the stockers.

All this to put on a smaller pulley and make more power :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I'm no artist, but here are pics with a better camera.

Engine bay, ignore the draping fuel line over the throttle body. That's extra slack waiting to be cut.

Engine Bay.jpg

Primary regulator. You can see the fuel feed coming in the T. Part of the T connects to the HPFP and the third part out to the primary regulator. You can also see the fuel line in the back that connects the two rails.

fpr1.1.jpg

Another shot of the T and primary regulator.

fpr1.jpg

Top of the fuel hat. It looks chaotic now, but will be cleaned up and sealed after I verify there are no leaks.

fuelhat1.jpg

Where the magic happens. Wife's ride next to Mustang. My pickup is out in the driveway to give me room to work in third bay.

Garage.jpg

Up close of one of the regulators and pressure gauges.

gauge.jpg

Where the fuel feed and return pass down into the fender area.

lines.jpg

The fuel pump power lines run through the passenger side of the firewall and up through the fender to connect to the fuse block. There are in-line fuses on these power lines at the fuse box in the passenger foot well.

power.jpg

A 4 letter word that isn't cheap!

rail.jpg
rail1.jpg

Secondary regulator.

reg2.1.jpg

When the UPR oil catch can I bought comes in, I'll move the pcv hoses to no longer block the fuel pressure gauge. I'll post pics when I do that.

reg2.jpg

Some more chaotic looking wiring that will look proper after leak testing.

wiring.jpg

After talking to Rob at PBD, I'll be setting the primary regulator to 58psi and the secondary regulator to 50psi. Again, hoping to get that done this weekend. More to come!

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Love your updates. Please keep it up. I’ve been following since the beginning

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Good news!

UPR catch can and the Fore fuel system fitting are here :)

Productive Thanksgiving on the way!!

occ.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Catch can is in and I moved the line out of the way of the fuel pressure gauge:

occ2.jpg

occ1.jpg

Also finished the last line for the fuel system! Next I will check for leaks and then set pressures

reg2.2.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Started the car for the first time and it runs! Had a pretty large leak at the primary regulator and at the fuel T at the HPFP. I was able to adjust those even though they feel tighter than they should be and fixed both leaks. I fired the car back up and let it run briefly to chase down any other leaks and there are none. I didn't set fuel pressures yet as I want the leaked fuel to evaporate off of the headers before letting it get too warm. I'll set the pressures either tmrw or over the weekend.

The car does start and run on first attempt which is very promising.

More to come.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Well @beefcake did it again, I ordered a driveshaft and a driveshaft loop. The deals are solid, solid enough for me to skip doing suspension work. Between the fuel system and driveshaft, everyone is getting Ramen Noodles for Christmas!

Thanks Terry!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Also, thanks @mmacoyote for showing me what happens to the stock driveshaft at the track :cwl:

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
Also, thanks @mmacoyote for showing me what happens to the stock driveshaft at the track :cwl:
lmao, I'm so poor right now. Everyone is jumping on black Friday deals I'm over here scratching my head.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Well @beefcake did it again, I ordered a driveshaft and a driveshaft loop. The deals are solid, solid enough for me to skip doing suspension work. Between the fuel system and driveshaft, everyone is getting Ramen Noodles for Christmas!

Thanks Terry!
You're very welcome brother.
Sponsored