turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I'm sure you have my trans tune in your car like most people with the 18 a10, yes it upshifts/downshifts aggresive but it's like being in drag mode all the time, I've learn to deal with it. I also live in the city so sit in traffic 50% of driving. I am just leaving it alone, rob drove in my car last weekend. I think driveability is great just once in a while it shifts hard from 2nd to 1st coming to a stop sign or traffic light, i can live with it knowing that when I hit gas it instantly down shifts and off from cruising speeds.
I'll probably be ok with since I only drive the mustang here and there and it's a planned drag project. As long as it runs well, I'm good :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Just a quick update, Rob sent me a tune revision and the drivability seems to be an improvement. I'll drive it a bunch more in the next few days and report back. Also, I finally got the stupid Omega Boost Box to work correctly. It's within .25 psi of my analog gauge. I'm seeing a maximum boost pressure of 7.2lbs at redline. Not quite the 8 psi as advertised, however it was 105 degrees outside and humid when I logged it so I'm guessing that's why?
This is great news! I am still chasing the Omega Boost Box, I'll have to put analog gauge back in soon to see. 7.2psi is right there which is good.

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
I'll probably be ok with since I only drive the mustang here and there and it's a planned drag project. As long as it runs well, I'm good :)
we are very similar people, I dont bitch about the little things, I was gunna call rob and yell at him about your car but he is so dam busy lately pbd is growing rapidly.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
we are very similar people, I dont bitch about the little things, I was gunna call rob and yell at him about your car but he is so dam busy lately pbd is growing rapidly.
I just appreciate you having my back! He needs to clone himself and still hire a staff.

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
I just appreciate you having my back! He needs to clone himself and still hire a staff.
When we were hanging out last weekend he show me his laptop easy 1000 messages a day lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
New tune loaded and I took the car out. Idles better, still some rev bounce but it does ok. It will now restart and idle after a warm run, so that's also good.

I took it out and ran into a stranger (now friend, funny how that works) with a Chevy SS with whipple, heads, cam, e85 and over 800whp. I have got to figure out this paddle shifting and bumping into D roll racing nonsense. He ate my breakfast twice, but I pulled him a few lengths on the hit at 40ish mph thanks to his traction issues.

Sending some very exciting logs to PBD tonight :)

I'm ready for the smaller pulley and some track time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must beat the snow!!!!!

Last edited:

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
New tune loaded and I took the car out. Idles better, still some rev bounce but it does ok. It will now restart and idle after a warm run, so that's also good.

I took it out and ran into a stranger (now friend, funny how that works) with a Chevy SS with whipple, heads, cam, e85 and over 800whp. I have got to figure out this paddle shifting and bumping into D roll racing nonsense. He ate my breakfast twice, but I pulled him a few lengths on the hit at 40ish mph thanks to his traction issues.

Sending some very exciting logs to PBD tonight :)

I'm ready for the smaller pulley and some track time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must beat the snow!!!!!
make sure you dont have any vacuum leaks with the bouncy idle.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
make sure you dont have any vacuum leaks with the bouncy idle.
Good call, I'm feeling ok there right now. I boost leak tested a few weeks ago with soapy water. I guess it wouldn't hurt to do it once a month.

Keep it coming! I appreciate the help and guidance.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Got another revised tune today to load tonight that will hopefully fix what I experienced today.

Took the car into work and still have some warm start idle issues and it stalled once. Codes that popped:

P0300, P0316, P050A

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Flashed the tune, car idled clean. I'll test more tmrw. So far, it's better.

PBD doesn't recommend dropping pulley size until I address the fuel pump, a BAP at minimum. I won't be adding a BAP. I'll continue working on saving for a FORE.

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
Flashed the tune, car idled clean. I'll test more tmrw. So far, it's better.

PBD doesn't recommend dropping pulley size until I address the fuel pump, a BAP at minimum. I won't be adding a BAP. I'll continue working on saving for a FORE.
jn2 sells fuel system also now I think dual pump is 2200

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT