Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
What a bummer! I'm sure Rob at PBD will have it sorted out in no time. Can't wait to see your build progress!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Thanks, no word from PBD today. Maybe tmrw.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I sent a follow-up email today and promptly received a revised tune. I sent a few logs over the weekend, so I felt bad sending another today to follow-up. I manage a service business and know how annoying that is, so I tried to tiptoe around being the squeaky wheel :)

Going to load the revised tune shortly and will report back

Sponsored

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Glad it's working out. I'm very curious how your drivability turns out. Mine has been a struggle thus far and still isn't right. I'm waiting to hear back from PBD myself.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Oh...that's news..not good either.

My procharger provided tune had no hiccups but wasn't a super power making tune. I'm not willing to limp around a brand new car. Here's to hoping we both get improvements.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Honestly it's the way the transmission shifts that's driving me crazy. It's pretty decent, and in fact better than the PC canned tune for sure. I'm hopeful we can get it right. Not sure If asking for stock like drivability is too much to ask? I made the mistake of driving a bolt on 2018 GT A10 car over the weekend and was shocked how good the drivability is. Only mods to my powertrain are P1X (8lbs of boost), NGK 6510's and ID1050x's. Keeping fingers crossed.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Alright, the car idles!

It still rev bounces a lot but does idle without pedaling the throttle. I felt confident enough to take the car out for a quick drive. It didn't stall at red lights or stop signs which is good. I did a quick two gear pull while watching Lamda, 0.76 at WOT = 11.7 AFRish.

Seems to drive ok, for some reason it is not reading KNOCKR..not sure why not.

When I got the car back to the garage I powered down and attempted to restart the car..it immediately stalled. Tried to start the car again and it nearly stalled but caught rpm and idled. Some more tweaks to make there.

Wildly, huge improvements from the last tune revision! No CELs either.

I took two more logs and sent to PBD. Fingers crossed for quick turnaround and a smoother, faster ride.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Curious if you installed the smaller blower pulley? If so, how much boost did you see. Glad to hear it's progressing in a positive direction!

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
No smaller pulley yet, Rob wanted to work through this one first. Highest boost number on the log today was 5.1psi at 7440rpm. Still not the advertised 6.5psi, even beyond the Procharger tune.

No clue what the smaller pulley will net.

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
Honestly it's the way the transmission shifts that's driving me crazy. It's pretty decent, and in fact better than the PC canned tune for sure. I'm hopeful we can get it right. Not sure If asking for stock like drivability is too much to ask? I made the mistake of driving a bolt on 2018 GT A10 car over the weekend and was shocked how good the drivability is. Only mods to my powertrain are P1X (8lbs of boost), NGK 6510's and ID1050x's. Keeping fingers crossed.
I'm sure you have my trans tune in your car like most people with the 18 a10, yes it upshifts/downshifts aggresive but it's like being in drag mode all the time, I've learn to deal with it. I also live in the city so sit in traffic 50% of driving. I am just leaving it alone, rob drove in my car last weekend. I think driveability is great just once in a while it shifts hard from 2nd to 1st coming to a stop sign or traffic light, i can live with it knowing that when I hit gas it instantly down shifts and off from cruising speeds.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Just a quick update, Rob sent me a tune revision and the drivability seems to be an improvement. I'll drive it a bunch more in the next few days and report back. Also, I finally got the stupid Omega Boost Box to work correctly. It's within .25 psi of my analog gauge. I'm seeing a maximum boost pressure of 7.2lbs at redline. Not quite the 8 psi as advertised, however it was 105 degrees outside and humid when I logged it so I'm guessing that's why?

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
What size pulley nets 6psi on a P1x? just wondering
On the HO kit like I have, the 4.38 pulley it comes with is supposed to net 6.5psi.
Sponsored