turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Knocked off a quick 2nd gear pull to prep for finishing my licensing runs this coming weekend. You won't see any personal bests, just trying to get my license and close out the season.

Going to try to check for boost leaks before I go. I expected the boost to drop with the larger pulley, but it isn't making boost at the rate I anticipated. Safe just to double check.

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@turnswrench, that’s cool! Your motor will be much happier with the temperatures dropping. I remember going through the process of getting my NHRA license in 2010, only I was on a drag bike. It was a good feeling to know that I was in compliance with the rules and free to click off some low 9’s at my leisure. Fun times! I hope to be able to do that again in the Bullitt some day.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Knocked off a quick 2nd gear pull to prep for finishing my licensing runs this coming weekend. You won't see any personal bests, just trying to get my license and close out the season.

Going to try to check for boost leaks before I go. I expected the boost to drop with the larger pulley, but it isn't making boost at the rate I anticipated. Safe just to double check.
Good luck with the license.:like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
My wife is the absolute best! She was crew chief, camera operator, dog watcher, cheerleader, and so much more! Watch the video to understand how lucky I am.

Thankful to say that after a tough year with the car blowing up, I have completed the steps to get my NHRA license. I can now go as fast as 7.50. Just need the built block to do it. Stay tuned!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@turnswrench, congratulations brother! I know it won’t be long before you sneak up on some 9 teens or 9 ohs. Standing by for future updates on the car’s performance.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@turnswrench, are you stepping back for the remainder of the season, or are you just going with a different drag pack setup?

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
@turnswrench, are you stepping back for the remainder of the season, or are you just going with a different drag pack setup?
I think I'm at a crossroad right now. I don't want to hurt this engine, but I want to turn it up 😈

If these wheels and tires sell I am going to get an iron differential so that I feel comfortable leaving on the transbrake. I don't want an aluminum diff horror story to happen to me. Then I will get beadlock wheels and new tires.

If they don't sell. I'll keep going.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think I'm at a cross-roads right now. I don't want to hurt this engine, but I want to turn it up 😈
LOL! I knew you would want more power as soon as you made those hits over the weekend. What’s a safe power level for the factory Coyote engine? Could you turn it up a bit more without risking damaging it?

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
LOL! I knew you would want more power as soon as you made those hits over the weekend. What’s a safe power level for the factory Coyote engine? Could you turn it up a bit more without risking damaging it?
I think I could drop the pulley back down to the 4.5 from the 4.88 and add a degree or so of timing. If I keep my shift points under 7500 I think I may be ok but still a risk. I think the real gain is in the short track, if I can get the car to leave harder, I'll be in much better shape. I'm sick of 1.6X and 1.7x 60's

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think I could drop the pulley back down to the 4.5 from the 4.88 and add a degree or so of timing. If I keep my shift points under 7500 I think I may be ok but still a risk. I think the real gain is in the short track, if I can get the car to leave harder, I'll be in much better shape. I'm sick of 1.6X and 1.7x 60's
I hear that. What rpm were you launching at? Is your converter set up to allow more rpm (off the 2-Step) on the launch, to get the sixty down to 1.4-1.5 range?
Sponsored