Sponsored

2018 Royal Crimson F1A94 Procharged, TH400 Drag Project

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Decided yet on Engine?
I would offer you one of my “ spares” to get going but your car deserves a no expense spared /sleeved build to go with everything else 😎
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Decided yet on Engine?
I would offer you one of my “ spares” to get going but your car deserves a no expense spared /sleeved build to go with everything else 😎
Not yet. I'm going to start making calls next week. My list to chat with are BES, TK, and RPG.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Ouch, and to think I thought about water jacket supports and decided against them since you have to drill the block. I might regret that decision looks like.... I would think sleeves would be on your must have list now.

Edit: must have "new block" lol
Lol love the edit 🤣

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Got the rest of the car torn down over the weekend. Transmission is out, block is completely stripped.

1621386540845.png

Some local friends came over to get in on the action. They were excited to remove the windshield washer fluid reservoir to save me weight.

1621386611199.png

Coyote lift plate came today.

1621386676907.png

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I've been able to talk with BES, TKM, RPG, and MMR. Still working details and a plan. I like that I could drive to BES in under 11 hours if I needed/wanted to.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've been able to talk with BES, TKM, RPG, and MMR. Still working details and a plan. I like that I could drive to BES in under 11 hours if I needed/wanted to.
One other place to consider is Killer Performance in Grain Valley, MO. They are also right around the corner from a Justune Tuning’s Dyno. When I was there about a month and a half ago, I saw Beefcake’s old S550 Mustang (still had his name and wrap job on it). One of the shop owners, Curtis let me look under the hood and everything was top notch from the work they had just done to it. My brother is pulling his 98 supercharged/nitrous Cobra out of mothballs and taking it to them to have it freshened up and updated. That might be a little less of a drive for you too.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
One other place to consider is Killer Performance in Grain Valley, MO. They are also right around the corner from a Justune Tuning’s Dyno. When I was there about a month and a half ago, I saw Beefcake’s old S550 Mustang (still had his name and wrap job on it). One of the shop owners, Curtis let me look under the hood and everything was top notch from the work they had just done to it. My brother is pulling his 98 supercharged/nitrous Cobra out of mothballs and taking it to them to have it freshened up and updated. That might be a little less of a drive for you too.
I watch Justin's youtube content (stangklir). I don't recall them building engines, more or less technicians that assemble sweet cars. I do think their work is very clean but not sure they're building and sleeving engines.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I watch Justin's youtube content (stangklir). I don't recall them building engines, more or less technicians that assemble sweet cars. I do think their work is very clean but not sure they're building and sleeving engines.
i’m not 100% sure, but when I was there, I saw an S550 on one of the lifts with no engine in it. Curtis is supposed to be the Coyote Mustang expert. It might be worth a call to feel them out as another possible option, to see what their capabilities are. One thing is for sure, whatever they don’t do in house, they know where to get it done.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
i’m not 100% sure, but when I was there, I saw an S550 on one of the lifts with no engine in it. Curtis is supposed to be the Coyote Mustang expert. It might be worth a call to feel them out as another possible option, to see what their capabilities are. One thing is for sure, whatever they don’t do in house, they know where to get it done.
Great idea, Will do. Thank you!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Just want to drop a note to thank @Logan@Lethal for locating and expediting the Borla catback exhaust for my wife's Jeep SRT. It was looking like end of July to get it, but he got it over very quickly. Thank you!
Sponsored