Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Sorry to hear , especially as you have done every thing right .đŸ„ș

So what’s the plan ?
Might be time to build that motor ?😎
Thanks.. I'm sort of still figuring out my options. I'd love to throw a sleeved long block in there
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Did you at least get your license?

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
20210227_172108.jpg
I could definently help ya out, just re-did my heads this winter. Not bad. Put studs in while I was there.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@turnswrench, I know that feeling. Been there three times (one car and two motorcycles). I have no doubt that you’ll get it straightened out. Keep that positive attitude too brother! The bright side of this situation is that you will have another opportunity to learn a little more about your race car. Looking forward to seeing you put this behind you and moving toward your goal of going as quick and as fast as possible on your combination.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I could definently help ya out, just re-did my heads this winter. Not bad. Put studs in while I was there.
Thanks man!!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
@turnswrench, I know that feeling. Been there three times (one car and two motorcycles). I have no doubt that you’ll get it straightened out. Keep that positive attitude too brother! The bright side of this situation is that you will have another opportunity to learn a little more about your race car. Looking forward to seeing you put this behind you and moving toward your goal of going as quick and as fast as possible on your combination.
I appreciate it, I'm gonna keep fighting the fight. This is the path to fast! haha

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Tear down has started. Water is everywhere... ahhhh. Going to try to get the head off after work tonight.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Well, what a slow night of progress. Everything fought back. I still can't get the damper off. The passenger valve cover, the DI pump bracket, the coolant hoses, and the DI hard lines were all just more difficult than they needed to be. Oh well, keep plugging away.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Stay with it brother; one bite at a time and you’ll get there. Looks like you’ve got some pretty good help on hand too. I noticed your wife was bagging nuts/bolts for you to help keep things in order. That’s a cheap and easy way to stay organized.

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Stay with it brother; one bite at a time and you’ll get there. Looks like you’ve got some pretty good help on hand too. I noticed your wife was bagging nuts/bolts for you to help keep things in order. That’s a cheap and easy way to stay organized.
She's been amazing helping in the garage. She's always been there to spot me when I really needed it. Very grateful.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
She's been amazing helping in the garage. She's always been there to spot me when I really needed it. Very grateful.
That makes it really nice! I get a little help from my wife on the small things every now and then, but I would love it it she were a bit more into it. I noticed in some of your previous pics in this thread, that your wife was turning her own wrenches on the Jeep. That’s awesome!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
That makes it really nice! I get a little help from my wife on the small things every now and then, but I would love it it she were a bit more into it. I noticed in some of your previous pics in this thread, that your wife was turning her own wrenches on the Jeep. That’s awesome!
She's learning, her first time. She's pumped to be working on and modding her own stuff. She's waiting on her catback to put on next. I'm pretty pumped for her.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Today concludes the tear down miniseries, a block buster production. After removing and inspecting the head, it appears fine and will be able to be cleaned up, milled, and used. The block, however, took a page out of Scruff McGruff's book and took a bite out of crime.

I'll leave this here: