Sponsored

2018 Royal Crimson F1A94 Procharged, TH400 Drag Project

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for someone that knows the wiring/schematic for 2018+ 10r80 reverse light and backup camera activation. I'm planning on using a micro switch on the shifter to turn these on. Would like to know what I'm up against. Anyone have experience with these circuits?
Looked at them earlier today, don't think a micro will work . Looks like the tr sensor is all digital and tied into the transaction. Looks like the transmission sends the gear selection to the bcm over a can network . On the other hand if it was a manual no problem . If you want I can shot you over the wiring diagrams in the morning .
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Been fighting a slow leak at the front of the pan. Decided to just drain the fluid and pull the pan to get it right.

Once I had the pan dropped I double checked my dipstick grommet bc why not. I spun the dipstick and when it spun around and the backside was now the front side, I could see a tear. Wouldn't have caught this until it was leaking (which it wasn't yet), so that's good.

Got the dipstick removed, new grommet installed, and dipstick back in.

Removed the previous gasket, cleaned up the surfaces, installed the new moroso gasket, and put the pan back on and torqued appropriately. I did replace two hex head bolts with allen head bolts bc they were tight against the pan welds. I didn't like the way they fit.

Here's to hoping that when I add fluid there are no more leaks :beer:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Been fighting a slow leak at the front of the pan. Decided to just drain the fluid and pull the pan to get it right.

Once I had the pan dropped I double checked my dipstick grommet bc why not. I spun the dipstick and when it spun around and the backside was now the front side, I could see a tear. Wouldn't have caught this until it was leaking (which it wasn't yet), so that's good.

Got the dipstick removed, new grommet installed, and dipstick back in.

Removed the previous gasket, cleaned up the surfaces, installed the new moroso gasket, and put the pan back on and torqued appropriately. I did replace two hex head bolts with allen head bolts bc they were tight against the pan welds. I didn't like the way they fit.

Here's to hoping that when I add fluid there are no more leaks :beer:
Good on ya for being so through.:clap::like:

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
PXL_20201223_012657038~2.jpg

Received the gauge mount today so got it installed. AEM transmission temperature gauge and GlowShift mount.

PXL_20201223_013914971.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Also received the Hurst shifter micro switch to activate the reverse lights, back up camera, and bumper sensors. Install coming soon.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I see some nice cocktails in the back ground , lol , hope the info I sent you helps in your next endeavor.

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
On the topic of getting the reverse lights, backup camera, and parking sensors working after a th400 swap...

I've asked a few folks that have solved this problem before, but I guess it's an exclusive club in which you don't share the details. So.. that's cool. Once I figure this out I'll be sure to document and share so that everyone can be safe and enjoy the OEM features of the car.

I want to thank @fmc_smt for taking it upon himself to do research on my behalf and get me started and pointed in the right direction. I appreciate you!

Based on @fmc_smt schematics and pinouts, pin 6 on the PCM body harness (c175b - the bottom connector on the PCM) is voltage output to the mt82 reverse switch. When the transmission is engaged in reverse it would complete the circuit sending the voltage back to the PCM on pin 88 (sigrtn). This should tell the PCM to light up the reverse accessories mentioned above.

I pulled the intake charge piping and moved the coolant reservoir in order to pull the connector to see what pins existed. All the pins on the PCM side exist, which is a good start.

1610307948115.png

1610307958323.png

So with the PCM having all of the pins, there's hope that since my auto PCM has been flashed over to a manual PCM that this will work. I have an email out to PBD to see if these pins (those ones normally only used for manual applications) will be hot in the calibration.

I checked the harness side to see what exists and there are no pins/wiring in pin 6 or pin 88 locations, however, there are these yellow plugs in those exact locations - again to me is a good sign.

1610308183417.png

1610308196161.png

Unless someone knows why I shouldn't, I am planning to remove these yellow caps and pin the locations to a microswitch on my Hurst shifter in order to activate these accessories. I'll be sure to test it as soon as I am able to pin the connecter. @fmc_smt again helping me out by even finding the pin part number: du2z-14474-ca

More to come.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pull the plugs .....lol ..... good hunting my friend

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
On the topic of getting the reverse lights, backup camera, and parking sensors working after a th400 swap...

I've asked a few folks that have solved this problem before, but I guess it's an exclusive club in which you don't share the details. So.. that's cool. Once I figure this out I'll be sure to document and share so that everyone can be safe and enjoy the OEM features of the car.

I want to thank @fmc_smt for taking it upon himself to do research on my behalf and get me started and pointed in the right direction. I appreciate you!

Based on @fmc_smt schematics and pinouts, pin 6 on the PCM body harness (c175b - the bottom connector on the PCM) is voltage output to the mt82 reverse switch. When the transmission is engaged in reverse it would complete the circuit sending the voltage back to the PCM on pin 88 (sigrtn). This should tell the PCM to light up the reverse accessories mentioned above.

I pulled the intake charge piping and moved the coolant reservoir in order to pull the connector to see what pins existed. All the pins on the PCM side exist, which is a good start.

1610307948115.png

1610307958323.png

So with the PCM having all of the pins, there's hope that since my auto PCM has been flashed over to a manual PCM that this will work. I have an email out to PBD to see if these pins (those ones normally only used for manual applications) will be hot in the calibration.

I checked the harness side to see what exists and there are no pins/wiring in pin 6 or pin 88 locations, however, there are these yellow plugs in those exact locations - again to me is a good sign.

1610308183417.png

1610308196161.png

Unless someone knows why I shouldn't, I am planning to remove these yellow caps and pin the locations to a microswitch on my Hurst shifter in order to activate these accessories. I'll be sure to test it as soon as I am able to pin the connecter. @fmc_smt again helping me out by even finding the pin part number: du2z-14474-ca

More to come.
I'm not on here much lately, but I have no problem sharing any info on the TH400 swap. When I did it 3-yrs ago, there was even less info available lol. Regarding the reverse lights and backup camera with a TH400:

My car was a MT82 car so I already had the manual gauge cluster, PCM, and wiring harness. On my buddy's auto 6R80 car, he swapped over to the manual gauge cluster, PCM, and wiring harness also. I simply used the wiring and plug that connects to the MT82 for reverse; when you complete this circuit the reverse lights and camera will come on. I accomplished this by adding an optional "reverse switch" to my Hurst shifter (I didnt need to de-pin the PCM).

Let me know if you have any other questions (converter selection, shimming the converter, trans coolers, temps, etc) and I'll provide my firsthand experience.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
@rainmaker - Thanks sir. I guess it is a little more straight forward on a car with a manual pcm/loom. It means a lot that you connected with me. There are others that didn't but no worries.

I ordered the pins for the connector, they won't be here until the end of the week. PBD responded and wished me luck. So..we'll see.

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Now that you've checked in with my friends above, I need you to thank @fmc_smt on my behalf. He's done a great service for me and the entire community. He solved the gap of getting the factory reverse accessories to work on an originally 10r80 car that now has a th400 (without swapping the PCM).

Based on the plan outlined previously in this thread that was designed by @fmc_smt - My factory options all work with my th400.

I ordered part number du2z-14474-ca and they came in today. I popped the connecter face plate (the light grey piece) off using a pick on the sides, this allows the pin to easily seat in the connector:

1610582745563.png

I pulled the yellow pins out of the connector with the pick:

1610582808264.png

I stripped the end of the pin wire ahead of time so that I wasn't yanking on it later:

1610582845364.png

I then inserted the pins into pin slot 6 and 88:

1610582876805.png

Double checked the pins and then pushed the face plate back into position:

1610582901631.png

I reconnected the connector to the pcm, connected the battery, and turned the accessories on in the car without starting it. I then connected the two wires (pin 6 and pin 88) and the reverse functions worked perfectly!

1610582975448.png

Forgive my snow blower, I'm in MN and it snows... a lot. Here's the reverse light:

1610583003924.png

Backup camera:

1610583017269.png

The backup/parking sensors worked perfectly as well.

The next step is to pull the wiring to the shifter and install this Hurst branded microswitch:

1610583082361.png

I'm extremely happy that these functions will work and will be automated when selecting reverse on the hurst shifter.

Thank you @fmc_smt for the guidance and support. Means a lot to me even though nobody that sees the car will know the effort behind the scenes. Good stuff!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT