turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Put the finishing touches on the reverse accessories project.

Got the PCM connector put back together:

1610826697199.png

Pulled wiring from the PCM to the shifter and connected up the wiring:

1610826721387.png

1610826727082.png

Wires connected at the switch on the shifter:

1610826742627.png

A little clearance work:

1610826776360.png

Finished look:

1610826799613.png

And the test video to show the functionality:

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job , now you can kick ass in reverse.....had to go there . In all fairness , this is a bad ass build , and the work that is put into the detail is top notch .............can't wait to meet you on track when you do a west coast swing .

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Put the finishing touches on the reverse accessories project.

Got the PCM connector put back together:

1610826697199.png

Pulled wiring from the PCM to the shifter and connected up the wiring:

1610826721387.png

1610826727082.png

Wires connected at the switch on the shifter:

1610826742627.png

A little clearance work:

1610826776360.png

Finished look:

1610826799613.png

And the test video to show the functionality:

Truly awesome work here! I like that you heat shrink wrapped the wiring connection points. I can't wait to see what this beast does!

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Still working on a well earned care package for @fmc_smt :beer::party:

I want to go through the motion this season of applying for and getting my NHRA competition license. Who has done this that will share their experience? Any guidance?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Still working on a well earned care package for @fmc_smt :beer::party:

I want to go through the motion this season of applying for and getting my NHRA competition license. Who has done this that will share their experience? Any guidance?
It’s fairly easy. Contact your local track and see what day they are making licensed runs. Tech in, at that time let tech know you’re making licensed runs. make 3 clean passes in a row. And you’re good. If I can do it anyone can. Good luck.

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Oh and do not forget to get your doctor paperwork before you go. Biggest hassle of the whole process.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Sportsman L6. I’d have to go back and check the Nhra chart. But I think that class is good from 7.99 to 10.0. there is a ton of designations. a lot of them seamed interchangeable. I ran a few bracket races. Honestly the license is more for bragging. If you don’t plan to class race very often.

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Sportsman L6. I’d have to go back and check the Nhra chart. But I think that class is good from 7.99 to 10.0. there is a ton of designations. a lot of them seamed interchangeable. I ran a few bracket races. Honestly the license is more for bragging. If you don’t plan to class race very often.
Got it. The license is so that the tracks near me stop giving me such a headache to pass tech. They are sticklers for law and safety. I'm thinking Sportsman Level 6 Type B ET. No medical required, thankfully.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
In other news, the 10r80 I sold is at LPF and is currently being broken down to build. Good progress there.
All, I am afraid one of our forum friends @olaosunt is getting the run around from LPF on his transmission. I feel terrible for how this has gone. If anyone knows Justin at LPF or can inspire the change that's needed to get this back on track, please jump in.

I sold my transmission to @olaosunt (Nov 1) and packed it up and sent it LPF (Nov 9) as the buyer requested since he paid the deposit to LPF directly to build it (stage 2). LPF confirmed the receipt of the transmission (Nov 13) and started tearing it down (Nov 20). I received pics of the teardown (Dec 11) stating the transmission wasn't too beat but showed signs of high HP wear. Since Dec 11 I have not heard from LPF at all despite attempts to reach them. In the meantime, @olaosunt was also trying to reach them with not much luck. I asked Russell James on Insta if he'd help connect @olaosunt and LPF together and he did. LPF and @olaosunt made connection last week and LPF said they'd reconnect with him this week, but there's no word at all and they're back to not responding to any communication at all.

Any thoughts or help out there for a forum friend? @olaosunt doesn't use this as a means to get special treatment, but he's in the military and just returned from deployment. Overall, this is a pretty horrible way to show support of people in his position and as a customer.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
All, I am afraid one of our forum friends @olaosunt is getting the run around from LPF on his transmission. I feel terrible for how this has gone. If anyone knows Justin at LPF or can inspire the change that's needed to get this back on track, please jump in.

I sold my transmission to @olaosunt (Nov 1) and packed it up and sent it LPF (Nov 9) as the buyer requested since he paid the deposit to LPF directly to build it (stage 2). LPF confirmed the receipt of the transmission (Nov 13) and started tearing it down (Nov 20). I received pics of the teardown (Dec 11) stating the transmission wasn't too beat but showed signs of high HP wear. Since Dec 11 I have not heard from LPF at all despite attempts to reach them. In the meantime, @olaosunt was also trying to reach them with not much luck. I asked Russell James on Insta if he'd help connect @olaosunt and LPF together and he did. LPF and @olaosunt made connection last week and LPF said they'd reconnect with him this week, but there's no word at all and they're back to not responding to any communication at all.

Any thoughts or help out there for a forum friend? @olaosunt doesn't use this as a means to get special treatment, but he's in the military and just returned from deployment. Overall, this is a pretty horrible way to show support of people in his position and as a customer.
Thanks man. I really appreciate all your help .

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
@Rjames18 surely your LPF pal is gonna take care of @olaosunt ? The guy is simply trying to make a living protecting our freedom as enlisted military personnel and go fast at the same time. You posted how your pals shop was the go to place???? Many here consider you to be a representative of LPF, would you agree?
Sponsored