turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
@turnswrench just FYI, you should always do your burnout in 3rd gear with a RMVB TH400. You can start in 2nd gear and quickly shift to 3rd if you prefer, or because of lack of water or power level but always in 3rd gear ;-)
Thank you, sir
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
How's everyone doing out there?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
How's everyone doing out there?
Good sir! How are things going with you and the drag car? I’ve been waiting to see the transformation or updates to the car. Did you park it for the remainder of the year, or are you able to still cruise it?

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Good sir! How are things going with you and the drag car? I’ve been waiting to see the transformation or updates to the car. Did you park it for the remainder of the year, or are you able to still cruise it?
Things have been slow in the garage and busy in the office. Heading into the holiday is the busiest season in retail, so work has taken the front seat. Car is up on jack stands as I was preparing for the rear end swap. I haven't even purchased the new diff yet though. I could throw the wheels and tires on it and cruise, which I may do to burn the last of the e85 in the tank and switch to 93 for winter.

Got to be honest, the wife and I have been discussing some big plans which may have impacts on the car. If we can work things out, we may try to relocate. It's all up in the air for now.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Things have been slow in the garage and busy in the office. Heading into the holiday is the busiest season in retail, so work has taken the front seat. Car is up on jack stands as I was preparing for the rear end swap. I haven't even purchased the new diff yet though. I could throw the wheels and tires on it and cruise, which I may do to burn the last of the e85 in the tank and switch to 93 for winter.

Got to be honest, the wife and I have been discussing some big plans which may have impacts on the car. If we can work things out, we may try to relocate. It's all up in the air for now.
Cool! My wife and I relocated from Kansas to Florida in June and it has been a complete nightmare. We’re having a house built and we’re currently leasing a furnished apartment that’s always full. Our closing date has been pushed out five times already, so we keep having to leapfrog to different apartments. The builder is now saying we are on schedule to close on Oct. 28th, but here’s the real kicker; we’ve already moved three times within the same apartment building in just 107 days. We will have to move again for the fourth time on Oct. 24th for just four days and then finally into our house. I have really been in the slumps over this whole process. My battery is dead on the Bullitt and on my motorcycle. I just haven’t wanted to drive/ride either of them. I will have to jump start them and drive them to the house when we move, where I’ll finally be able to garage them again (they’re currently being stored in a parking garage at the apartment). The good news is, our house is exactly 14 miles from Bradenton Motorsports Park, so that will be very convenient for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Cool! My wife and I relocated from Kansas to Florida in June and it has been a complete nightmare. We’re having a house built and we’re currently leasing a furnished apartment that’s always full. Our closing date has been pushed out five times already, so we keep having to leapfrog to different apartments. The builder is now saying we are on schedule to close on Oct. 28th, but here’s the real kicker; we’ve already moved three times within the same apartment building in just 107 days. We will have to move again for the fourth time on Oct. 24th for just four days and then finally into our house. I have really been in the slumps over this whole process. My battery is dead on the Bullitt and on my motorcycle. I just haven’t wanted to drive/ride either of them. I will have to jump start them and drive them to the house when we move, where I’ll finally be able to garage them again (they’re currently being stored in a parking garage at the apartment). The good news is, our house is exactly 14 miles from Bradenton Motorsports Park, so that will be very convenient for me.
Well good grief!! That sounds very challenging. What a PITA. I hope you are nearing the end of the mess, though. And once finally done, it will be nice to be so close to the track, freedom factory, and all the action in racing coming out of that area like FL2k.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Head west my friend. Lol

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Well good grief!! That sounds very challenging. What a PITA. I hope you are nearing the end of the mess, though. And once finally done, it will be nice to be so close to the track, freedom factory, and all the action in racing coming out of that area like FL2k.
Yessir! Looking forward to seeing some good racing and running my own car as well.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I mentioned it above, about relocating. My wife and I are working on a plan to relocate to Alaska for a handful of years. Lot's still to figure out, including timing to move. We have a narrow window to head up between May and Sept due to the complexities of relocating to Alaska and driving the Alcan. We're going to try for this coming summer, but that's a pretty aggressive goal. To make that even possible, the car would need to be sold.

Where we want to live is actually the home of the 1/4 NHRA drag strip in Alaska, however, turning the money from selling the mustang into an even larger down payment on a house is the plan. We want to keep our expenses low to reduce risk if something happens with our jobs or the economy. We also want to have as much disposable income in order to travel around the state as much as possible. Our goal is to "do Alaska" and experience all that we can and then move back to the lower 48 where everything will be electric by then anyway.

I trust and respect this group of people, the few that read my crap at least- so first, thank you. Second, feel free to tell me I'm crazy haha. With that said, I'll be looking for a buyer for the car.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well my friend, if it comes to be true . Enjoy the adventure. Any parts for sale , kidding . I have a client that owns a lodge , hunting fishing establishment in Alaska. His 500 sets in AZ. We have a lot of people who live both locations .......... Winter in AZ summer in AL. Of course that we be nice , if we weren't working folk . Best of luck Chris, just get that 8 second run before you move on .

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@turnswrench, I hope God blesses you and your wife the desires of your hearts. That sounds like an awesome journey to take (especially if you don’t mind the cold)! Thanks for all of your contributions to M6G community and GLWS on the 2018 GT.

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
I love the validation of going th400. Several built 10r80s breaking out there. Stangmode didn't even make a pass before his built 10r80 broke. One pass and done if you're lucky. Don't waste your money. Some day they'll be reliable, not yet.

I need to thank my wife for helping me get the th400 in the car tonight. It's in! Oh, in case you didn't know, angle grinding required :crackup:

1606369362572.png

1606369373126.png

1606369392036.png
Can i get some more information on this or would you happen to have anymore details on the modifications made? I just installed my hurst quarter stick and i was suprised by the amount of cutting required. I test fit the transmission and did mark out the area's that will require modifications. Just trying to get an idea from someone who's done the swap. Thank you.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Can i get some more information on this or would you happen to have anymore details on the modifications made? I just installed my hurst quarter stick and i was suprised by the amount of cutting required. I test fit the transmission and did mark out the area's that will require modifications. Just trying to get an idea from someone who's done the swap. Thank you.
I'd be glad to help. I have posts in this thread, youtube videos (search turnswrench), etc.. Let me know what questions you have.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Achievement unlocked! :rockon: Although things are changing around here, I am proud as hell to have this and to have done it in my mustang.

1635011268871.png

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Achievement unlocked! :rockon: Although things are changing around here, I am proud as hell to have this and to have done it in my mustang.

1635011268871.png
Congratulations , way to go .
Sponsored