nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
So here's the schedule. August is a no go for racing, second year in a row.

Aug 7 - Wife's Bday
Aug 8 - Twelve hour work shift (not normal, covering a team of mine)
Aug 9 - Twelve hour work shift (not normal, covering a team of mine)
Aug 10 - 10 year wedding anniv photo shoot
Aug 11 - Cut the grass
Aug 12 - No plans
Aug 13 - Twelve hour work shift....again damnit stop with these
Aug 14 - Vaca day, my bday, putting brakes on a friend's volvo, cutting grass, packing
Aug 15 - 25 - Black Hills, SD for 10 year wedding anniv
Aug 26 - 28 - Back to work
Aug 29 and 30 - Beer event
Sept 5 - Last chance to go racing at Brainerd International Raceway, Test and Tune night 1/4 mile
Sept 12 - Last chance to go racing at Rock Falls Raceway, Saturday Night Special 1/4 mile
Sept 13 - May 2021 - Snow falls in MN :puke:

Maybe I can load the car up and head toward Ohio or Texas??
I have connections at some breweries here in Akron. Just saying
Sponsored

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
Yeah man, been there done that, :crying: caught a little flack from my buddies but it wasn’t too bad. I told them to take notes bitches....she supports my cool things because I support her cool things :clap:

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Yeah best bet is to trailer it to a warmer climate to race. Make a long weekend of it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

Sponsored

Reese8789

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Awesome build thus far man, i just pulled the trigger on a paxton setup for my 19a10 excited to say the least. Maybe I missed it but have you put billet oil pump gears in yet and if so when?

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Awesome build thus far man, i just pulled the trigger on a paxton setup for my 19a10 excited to say the least. Maybe I missed it but have you put billet oil pump gears in yet and if so when?
Thanks for tuning in. No oil pump gears yet. Since I plan on a built block, I didn't take the time to put them in.

Reese8789

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I have been debating doing them just dont like what I have been seeing with the metal scoring on some brands after relatively low miles. Any idea how many passes you have made on the stock ones thus far?

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I have been debating doing them just dont like what I have been seeing with the metal scoring on some brands after relatively low miles. Any idea how many passes you have made on the stock ones thus far?
3 passes on the drag strip so far with this car. None with 1,000+whp yet.

Slow306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
My 2 cents it’s that t-dubs boost has always read on the high side, dunno if it’s factual or if it’s the calibration on the boost box. I remember him saying he hit like 31psi one time. And only thing I have as comparison (sorry forget his username)

1250+ at 28psi. Regardless. We can’t simply compare dyno numbers from different parts of the US like that, they read different. At least when comparing track times we have weather data to kinda be able to narrow differences in ET and mph but we don’t have that for dynos.
Keep in mind that my car has ported heads, cams, built engine, stick trans, more boost, etc. My car shouldn't be compared to OP's

There is about 100-200rpm on the ngauge/boost box setup that will read a pressure spike when the throttle closes. When the dyno read 30psi my ngauge would show 32psi for a split second when the throttle closed. With my single big red BOV I have seen it spike 4psi higher than the actual boost reading.

@turnswrench Congrats on the numbers!!! Now you need to make a hail Mary pass down the track. Throw an engine diaper on there for cheap insurance if you haven't already. I installed a dj safety diaper on my gen1 when making passes at 700whp on my stock engine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
@turnswrench Congrats on the numbers!!! Now you need to make a hail Mary pass down the track. Throw an engine diaper on there for cheap insurance if you haven't already. I installed a dj safety diaper on my gen1 when making passes at 700whp on my stock engine.
Thank you!! I bought a Motion Raceworks engine diaper last year and tried to install it on a few occasions. Unfortunately with the complete AC system and oil filter in the factory location, it does not work. I'm not ready to make those two changes yet, thus no diaper. Do you know of one that works with those components in place?

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Well as luck would have it...I can't go racing this Wednesday, it's just not going to work out to leave work early. This Saturday is looking like poor weather, rain at 60% smack in the middle of the day. May need to load the car up and travel.

I'll share this as well, as unpopular as it may be, I have caught myself looking at sfi 25.X chassis..:frown:

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I'll share this as well, as unpopular as it may be, I have caught myself looking at sfi 25.X chassis..:frown:
I may be open to offers on the car. I have no clue what someone would be willing to pay. I'm also open to a partial trade on a 25.x fox body roller. Couple ppl keep sending me fox body stuff, including one sexy purple procharged fox <3.

If I don't get an offer that I like, the build on the royal crimson continues. The plan is that simple.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I may be open to offers on the car. I have no clue what someone would be willing to pay. I'm also open to a partial trade on a 25.x fox body roller. Couple ppl keep sending me fox body stuff, including one sexy purple procharged fox <3.

If I don't get an offer that I like, the build on the royal crimson continues. The plan is that simple.
To be honest the S550 is sooooo much better looking car than a fox body. But sooooooo much cheaper and easier to turn into real race cars.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
To be honest the S550 is sooooo much better looking car than a fox body. But sooooooo much cheaper and easier to turn into real race cars.
The price difference is mind boggling. A grand and up for a K member vs $200. A torque converter $1500 vs $500. Not to mention you can still find something built on the fox platform for about three grand. On a perfect V6 chassis.
Sponsored