turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
7.65" crank pulley with a 3.9" blower pulley
@Slow306stang are you wastegated on the 3.9? I saw the video of your car, that is awesome! I see you are running meth. Are you willing to share the rest of your fuel setup? I'd like to only purchase a fuel system one more time and be ready for a built setup in the future.

Sponsored

Slow306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Ok crazy turn of events for the day.

After emailing the log to Rob (and posting the above post), I pulled it up myself to review in HP tuners scanner. I shit all of the bricks. Now before i go any further, if you have an ngauge and you have it showing 4-6 pids at the same time, it's fairly difficult to discern what you're seeing in real time. You could have spent a bunch of time setting up the alerts and lights to help, but I didn't. So with that said, feel free to judge me. I took the car out and at 60 mph I punched it. The car was a complete handful. I was more worried about keeping the car straight vs watching the nearly unreadable ngauge. It wasn't until I reviewed the log in scanner that I saw what the hell happened.

Here's what I found:
  • 7,900rpm+ shift points
  • 21 degrees of timing
  • 0 knock
  • 32.761 psi of boost
  • 1.00 lambda
OH HELLL.

Rob got on the text machine with me and we went back and forth getting thru the data. I pulled the plugs, dry and not burnt up. I checked the oil, clean, no bubbles, no debris. I completed compression test, 8% from high to low, all above 220. I swapped in new gapped plugs and have no signs to be concerned with. I got so lucky. I live to fight another day.

So.. please take the time to set alerts. Use only 1 pid like lambda or psi when you're going for your first hit on a new setup on your ngauge so you can actually read the damn thing. Add additional gauges, just do something!

The car was fast. No fricking wonder why.

Here's the plan:
  • Selling the dual pump fuel setup
  • Going to a triple pump fuel setup
  • Selling the DW 95lb injectors
  • Going to a MUCH LARGER injector, size forthcoming
  • Removing the 4.5" pulley
  • Going to a FRISBEE sized pulley
  • I am not likely going to go to a wastegated setup
  • Tactically plan for the built long block and built trans - please throw change at me when you see me working the corners.
I think the One Ethanol e85r saved my ass. I have 100% only that fuel in the tank, no pump e85. I drained it before putting in the e85r.
Awesome build thread!

That car was making some serious power on that datalog! If you had the fuel to feed it the car was making in the 1200-1300whp range. It's tough to keep an eye on things when making pulls. It looks like the engine wasn't hurt so you dodged a bullet on that one.

You're definitely needing the 3rd fuel pump and ID1300's at minimum. I'd probably skip the 1300's and go straight to the 1700's since my car maxed them at 1300whp. You may not need the 1700's now but you will with a built engine.

For reference my car with the 7.65 crank, 3.9 blower pulley, 8200rpm made 30-31psi. The engine is 12:1 gen 1, ported heads, cams, and boss manifold.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Awesome build thread!

That car was making some serious power on that datalog! If you had the fuel to feed it the car was making in the 1200-1300whp range. It's tough to keep an eye on things when making pulls. It looks like the engine wasn't hurt so you dodged a bullet on that one.

You're definitely needing the 3rd fuel pump and ID1300's at minimum. I'd probably skip the 1300's and go straight to the 1700's since my car maxed them at 1300whp. You may not need the 1700's now but you will with a built engine.

For reference my car with the 7.65 crank, 3.9 blower pulley, 8200rpm made 30-31psi. The engine is 12:1 gen 1, ported heads, cams, and boss manifold.
Thank you for the guidance! This is extremely helpful info. I will take the luck I received yesterday for sure.

Last edited:

Slow306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
@Slow306stang are you wastegated on the 3.9? I saw the video of your car, that is awesome! I see you are running meth. Are you willing to share the rest of your fuel setup? I'd like to only purchase a fuel system one more time and be ready for a built setup in the future.
I removed the wastegate when the built engine went in. I didn't want the wastegate loading and unloading the head unit causing belt slip.

My fuel system consist of a Fore level 4, triple 465's, 10an feed 8an return, and ID1300's. I just got ID1700's but havent retuned the car yet.

The methanol kit is a custom RPM package. AIS/Prometh kit with an AEM controller and dual 16gph nozzles. Relocated IAT sensor from the maf to upstream of the nozzles so the ecu can see the meth working

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Holy boost Batman! DI and E85 saved your bacon. Luckily it was prob a pretty short pull. Is it wicked cool and dry up there? That is a lot of boost on the 4.5". Hopefully the 18+ has slightly different hood lines, or else the 5.0" will rub the hood liner.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Holy boost Batman! DI and E85 saved your bacon. Luckily it was prob a pretty short pull. Is it wicked cool and dry up there? That is a lot of boost on the 4.5". Hopefully the 18+ has slightly different hood lines, or else the 5.0" will rub the hood liner.
Short pull for sure, I let out at 119 or so when the car went for the ditch. I should be able to sneak a larger pulley in there to hold me over until built block. I am interested in getting the proper fuel in there and making a pass on the 4.5" at the end of the season lol - eh maybe not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I ordered ID1700x injectors from Terry. I think the 5" pulley will fit since I lowered the engine with the bmr k-member. Going to flash a tape measure under there.

Slow306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
I ordered ID1700x injectors from Terry. I think the 5" pulley will fit since I lowered the engine with the bmr k-member. Going to flash a tape measure under there.
Damn, you didn't waste any time on ordering the injectors. There is a few more things that i'd like to recommend with the build. Feel free to PM me or just tell me to post it.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Damn, you didn't waste any time on ordering the injectors. There is a few more things that i'd like to recommend with the build. Feel free to PM me or just tell me to post it.
PM inbound!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Alright f1a94 fans, max size pulley is 4.88" or else it hits the tensioner pulley. This drops 3-4 psi from the 4.5".

Also got great guidance from @Slow306stang (feel free to expand on what you shared with me if you'd like, sir - also thank you!)
  • Ease into log runs, rev out to 6k and stop. See results and adjust. Then go a little further checking as you increment to a full pull.
  • Consider a sheet metal intake when you start talking about high boost levels, plastic could be catastrophic.
  • Move to two BOVs or a procharger pro race BOV (not big red, the massive one) to handle the pressures and discharge duty.
  • Run 2" primaries and larger collectors (3.5") on the headers.
  • IATs on a full pass could get out of control on a2a, add meth or even go to a2w

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Anyone tested 3.5 collectors with full 3.5 exhaust vs 3.5 collectors with 3.0 exhaust at 1khp? Can't imagine there would be a notable difference.
Sponsored