Sponsored

2018 Royal Crimson F1A94 Procharged, TH400 Drag Project

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Woohoo!

Ghost buster catch can is here! My wife saw it and immediately took a picture to post online that we now have the device that captures ghosts. Thanks to @Jay-rod427 for building a great setup and then sharing it with me.

newoilcatchcan.jpg

Also got the second TiAL bov today and the flanges I need to get them mounted:

newtial.jpg
Catches ghosts and spits out dodge demons:rockon:

I like th rear bumper approach. No fumes getting sucked into the hvac. And outta sight. Literally.
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Sold my second project car today, I'm all in on drag racing. No more turny car.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I just spent a boring day at work reading all 55 pages of this in preparation for finding a Crimson car, thanks for the great read!
:crackup: Thanks for investing the time! I get many compliments on the color as I am sure all royal crimson owners do. The guy that bought my BRZ said he's now more of a Mustang fan because he knows royal crimson is a color out there. I hope you are able to find one.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Here are some shots from the oil catch can install. I still need to figure out a couple of the factory lines that went to the vapor canister.

newocc.jpg
newocc1.jpg
newocc2.jpg

Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting placement of the catch can. Any reason for putting it to the back of the car? Other than I assume fitting in the engine bay... Congrats on the progress. Keep it up! Current thoughts on when your getting it to the track?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Interesting placement of the catch can. Any reason for putting it to the back of the car? Other than I assume fitting in the engine bay... Congrats on the progress. Keep it up! Current thoughts on when your getting it to the track?
Clean up the engine bay, and get the fumes to the back. Under the hood the oil smell can get sucked through the hvac intake on fresh air. Also the further the vapor travels, the better it will cool and condense to be caught as liquid.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I had my radiator overglow bottle and vacuum pump catch can mounted out back for safety. In my 95GT drag car. Dont wanna be doing 150+ and drive thru a puddle. If something pukes.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Clean up the engine bay, and get the fumes to the back. Under the hood the oil smell can get sucked through the hvac intake on fresh air. Also the further the vapor travels, the better it will cool and condense to be caught as liquid.
I had my radiator overglow bottle and vacuum pump catch can mounted out back for safety. In my 95GT drag car. Dont wanna be doing 150+ and drive thru a puddle. If something pukes.
@BeastAR

These guys (bluebeastsrt and Jay-rod427) said it perfectly about the catch can setup. Thanks for the kind words on the build. I just sent a request for an updated tune to Rob @PBD tonight. I will likely have the rest of the new procharger setup together by the end of the week and the first fire on the new procharger head unit shortly after. You read that right, I havent even heard this new head unit run :crying:

I will need to get the car aligned from putting in the k-member, and then worry about city and performance tuning. Once we get the tuning squared away, I'll be ready for a track visit. Tracks near me open as early as April, but could delay to May.

I hope everyone is ready to have some fun, but is ok with me just destroying this thing if it all goes wrong :crazy:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The only thing getting destroyed is your engine. Lol. Too much boosties! The 94-A is a mean bitch compared to the p and even d.

edit: well the trans might not agree with ya either.

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
The only thing getting destroyed is your engine. Lol. Too much boosties! The 94-A is a mean bitch compared to the p and even d.

edit: well the trans might not agree with ya either.
Guaranteed to find the weak points! Stretching the procharger belt back over the pulleys was a PITA, just like I remember. Feels like it's too short, but it's on there. I'm beginning to get very excited. This winter has been a lot of freezing nights in the garage turning wrenches, painting, interior bullcrap, etc - I've loved every second of it

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Fired the car up with the new blower tonight for the first time - It did not go well. Turns out the pulley alignment for the f-series blower is different than the p-series. Sorting it out now. Need to order a new belt.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Success! We're in business.

greenbelt.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
What’s different? I thought the p/d and f series’s were direct swaps.
They require different spacers on the procharger shaft.
Sponsored