Sponsored

2018 Royal Crimson|A10|Paxton. A logbook.

bennieboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bennie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Greetings, and salutations. Been an unregistered lurk here for a while, gathering information while throwing money at my Mustang in an effort to achieve a 9.xxx by whatever means necessary. Car started humble. Corsa catback, PMAS intake and Lund flex tune. As of April of this year, the car went North from where I reside in Florida to a shop in Macon for the installation of OPG/CS, a Fore fuel system and a Paxton. I've approached the build wrong, in all honesty. Thrown money at engine before suspension and other things that will undoubtedly make my trek to my goals a little harder than I'd initially wanted. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy it Here's a quick rundown of how the car sits currently:

Base model 2018 Mustang GT. Performance pack car, however.
Stock 10R80
Stock suspension.
Stock halfshafts and driveshaft.
Stock motor (outside of Boundary OPG/CS).
Stock Manifolds and cats.
Fore L2 Fuel system (dual hat, Walbro 465's feeding through Fore Rails into ID1050X injectors)
Satin Paxton 2200SL ala TeamBeefcake.
Vortech MaxFlow Race BOV
JLT "competition" inlet. (Open element.)
Dumped 3" x-pipe.
Forgestar D5 drag pack. Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S on the business end.

Took the car up into south Georgia last weekend to go on a dyno (Dynojet). Ambient air was well into the 100's inside the shop during time of testing. Car went 726whp@7300 and 544wtq@6200. Admittedly, I'm green and left the JLT inlet on. I understand I left some power on the table there. Also, the graph ended at 7300 though the operator said he ran it to 8000. It is what it is. Car has been and is still quite fun even though it's lazy till about 5 grand. Recently got my hands on a GripTec 3.25 pulley and a pair of Texas Speed catless long tubes that I plan on installing to further swing for the fences to see what this wee little Paxton will do. Unsure of what belt I want to go with. I've had people tell me go with the Gates 101". I've had people tell me the stock Vortech belt will work, just shift the idler over. Bunch of conflicting information I need to sift through. Plan on getting back on the dyno when it isn't sweltering hot outside, and THEN when I can finally get my hands on some axles I'll get some track numbers as well.

Anyways. Just wanted to drop this here. I'll update when changes are made. Constructive criticism is welcomed. I don't know everything about these cars nor do I claim I do. Enjoy a few pictures of this heap that a friend of mine took before he moved out of town. Shined this here turd right up.
tnmQ2wty.jpeg
2Ts4EbcQ.jpeg
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Awesome, thanks for posting up. Pumped for more!