2018 Roush Supercharged tire size??

MrDuckBootz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What’s up guys, I’m very strongly considering getting the 700hp stage 1 Roush/ford performance supercharger. It would b dealer installed for the warranty but that’s neither here nor there. To anyone who has this blower on there car, what tire setup do you run. I have the performance pack 1 and I don’t think those 275 ps4s tires are gunna put the power down. Thing is I like my stick wheels that came with the performance pack and don’t want to change them unless I literally have to in order to have traction. I have looked on YouTube but can’t find any videos that have good information on this subject.
Sponsored

Last edited:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Go with a 285/40 rear..little wider and will make your gear a tad taller

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Do the research on tires....a lot depends on how you intend to drive the car. I suggest you go with Phase 2 (750 hp) now for only $400-500 more. Are you just normal street driving, tracking, drag racing, street racing, driving in rain, hot weather...so many variables No tire, short of a true drag tire is going to really hook up with the power. Again, I suggest you do the research on why you should go with the Phase 2 now, vs later..... :)

OP
OP
MrDuckBootz

MrDuckBootz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Do the research on tires....a lot depends on how you intend to drive the car. I suggest you go with Phase 2 (750 hp) now for only $400-500 more. Are you just normal street driving, tracking, drag racing, street racing, driving in rain, hot weather...so many variables No tire, short of a true drag tire is going to really hook up with the power. Again, I suggest you do the research on why you should go with the Phase 2 now, vs later..... :)
mainly street driving with occasional track day. If I can get 50 more hp for 600$ all I have to say is take my money

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to occasionally track the car, get a set of wheels/tires for that purpose only. Throw a decent max performance summer tire on your stock wheels for the street. You're not going to hook from a dig regardless but wet weather safety is important.

The popular street options are the PS4's, Continental Extreme DW, and Firestone Indy's. Varying price points so pick your poison.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MrDuckBootz

MrDuckBootz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you're going to occasionally track the car, get a set of wheels/tires for that purpose only. Throw a decent max performance summer tire on your stock wheels for the street. You're not going to hook from a dig regardless but wet weather safety is important.

The popular street options are the PS4's, Continental Extreme DW, and Firestone Indy's. Varying price points so pick your poison.
Already have ps4s on the car

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You already have a tire that is considered one of the best. You will get traction if you aren't too hard on the throttle. Get into the throttle hard in the lower gears and no street tire is going to hook very well. Staying with your stock wheels does limit the tire sizes, but for the street you should be fine.

Already have ps4s on the car
Sponsored