Sponsored

2018 Roush chin spoiler 422082

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the literature says these are actually functional. Does anyone really know if that is a selling point or does it actually improve downforce while reducing drag?
Sponsored

Ryan@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROUSH
Vehicle(s)
2018 ROUSH Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the literature says these are actually functional. Does anyone really know if that is a selling point or does it actually improve downforce while reducing drag?
The 2018 ROUSH Chin spoiler does improve downforce. When we first made the product and we're putting it to the test, we found it required more secure mounting brackets since it created much more downforce.
I would highly recommend the ROUSH lower grille when installing the splitter as it is required for accurate fitment of the splitter.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The 2018 ROUSH Chin spoiler does improve downforce. When we first made the product and we're putting it to the test, we found it required more secure mounting brackets since it created much more downforce.
I would highly recommend the ROUSH lower grille when installing the splitter as it is required for accurate fitment of the splitter.
@Marcus@ROUSH thank you for that input. I read about that which is why I asked. Do you have anything where you tested it? I'm also interested in the other body pieces as well (hood louvers and rear valence aero) if they have practical applications and if there is any data on them. Doesn't need to be NASA approved test lab level stuff, just something that can show "yep, it not only looks good but actually functions".

Appreciate the feedback.

Ryan@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROUSH
Vehicle(s)
2018 ROUSH Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
@Marcus@ROUSH thank you for that input. I read about that which is why I asked. Do you have anything where you tested it? I'm also interested in the other body pieces as well (hood louvers and rear valence aero) if they have practical applications and if there is any data on them. Doesn't need to be NASA approved test lab level stuff, just something that can show "yep, it not only looks good but actually functions".

Appreciate the feedback.
I'll speak with engineering and see if we can pull something up. The hood heat extractors have also shown to reduce IAT's.

Tellme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

I'll speak with engineering and see if we can pull something up. The hood heat extractors have also shown to reduce IAT's.
I just ordered the chin splitter with wheel shroud kit from AM.com. The page did not state that the lower grille is required. Is it necessary?

Sponsored

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just ordered the chin splitter with wheel shroud kit from AM.com. The page did not state that the lower grille is required. Is it necessary?
Ive seen a couple locally without it that looked fine to me. If you find out otherwise, please post. I'm looking to add the same one.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
The PP2 kit adds 25 or 28lbs of downforce at a certain speed, so I would assume this does add some.
Sponsored