Sponsored

2018+ Quad Exhaust Tips - Nicer Looking Option ?

PistolPete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2008 Dodge Ram Hemi, 2009 Honda Accord
I’ll take a set in black or black chrome!

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Gloss black is easy, just paint them or have them powder-coated.

PistolPete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2008 Dodge Ram Hemi, 2009 Honda Accord
Gloss black is easy, just paint them or have them powder-coated.
I thought of that but would automotive paint hold up or would you have to use a special type of paint? Don’t really care for the look of the 18+ pipes but it might do for now...

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I thought of that but would automotive paint hold up or would you have to use a special type of paint? Don’t really care for the look of the 18+ pipes but it might do for now...
The prep is everything but an engine enamel would likely hold up pretty well.

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I’m interested

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Any update on this?

Well it seems to be accepted, that there not the best looking of tips and there not being replaced as quickly as older model exhaust systems as the active exhaust reduces the urge to swap it out for a better sounding / louder system. Lots of info, thoughts and (very limited) options on this thread :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-2019-active-exhaust-tips.127455/

So that got me thinking, can we get stainless trims in the UK that are easy to fit and add a nicer look to the standard system ?

Seems not, at least not if you want something that fits perfectly and looks like a quality item.

So off to the dealers I went with my measuring stuff (I dont have my car yet) and a few designs later I have a slash cut, inwards rolled stainless trim design that :

• Fits the OE tips perfectly.

• Follows the contours of the bumper perfectly (the standard exhaust are rotated outwards).

• Fastens securely, with hidden fixings (unless your crawling around underneath the car).

The tips will provide a nicer 'chunky' looking exhaust and the rolled in ends will wrap around the original single wall (and often sharp / poorly finished) OE tip.

I've approached a few manufactures and one of them can supply these tips in brushed stainless which could be left as is, home painted (with VHT or similar) or ceramic coated etc. Black ceramic would give a real nice quality look to the system ... :sunglasses:

Price wise they would come in at 'less than' £80 for a car set (four trims) including suitable UK postage, but there is a snag ...

I need 25 car sets to get this off the ground.

So, im not asking for firm commitments, but I am after an idea of how much interest this project would generate and if it's enough for me to move forward.

I'm not sure how I would work the commercials for this project yet, I will worry about details like that if this starts to gather momentum ...

I might even check postage costs for opening this up to our USA friends if I think it will help :like:

Please feel free to register interest and add comments etc below.

Cheers,

WD :like:

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

I need to get to this point from my post above before I move it on :

“As i'm not expecting people to pay upfront, I will need to commit to the full batch cost which I am willing to take the risk on, once my car arrives and I know exactly how all my finances have panned out with regards lump sum insurance premium and a few bits I want to buy for it etc (hopefully not getting caught out with anything unexpected lol)”

Touch wood, the cash ‘shouldn’t’ be an issue, but I would be daft to commit until everything else is sorted - and they have just put my build back ...

It should have been built 9th March.

It’s now planned for 20th April (at UK dealers in mid June) and I can see that moving again with the virus ...

WD :like:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my tips gloss black for 2 years, no issues, i used heat proof lacquer, standard car primer and BBQ paint. Only did two layers of lacquer to not make them super glossy but they're still solid!

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Very interested and ready to pay as soon as ordering opens up!

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
@WD Pro I'll watch the thread and would also likely be in for a pair depending on when your car gets here and the process moves forward. If I haven't done something else to the exhaust, i'd be interested.
Sponsored