Sponsored

2018+ people: anyone else interested in a Mach1 style grille?

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I’m loving the grille on the Mach1. I just think it looks cool, maybe because it reminds me of the S197 Boss 302. In any case, this is one rare visual-only mod that I would love to add to my car. Anyone else?

I always prefer to stick with OEM stuff but what are the chances that Ford will make this part available to buy without having a Mach1 VIN? I suspect it will be similarly difficult to get as the PP2 rear lip spoiler...

Does anyone know of a replica piece that might be offered?

2CCD4CF9-215A-4510-9F6C-8750C530EBF5.jpeg
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
The pony is too big for me and should be a tri-bar anyway. Also, it needs kncokouts or lights otherwise it is just non-functional plastic.

Black out the pony and knockouts with wire mesh and I might bite.

Redbaron289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang GT
I like it too. In fact, just yesterday I was searching on here to see if anyone else had asked about this. I think it would be a simple swap. I’d want to put lights in it myself. It should be available as a service part, I don’t know why it wouldn’t.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
I’m loving the grille on the Mach1. I just think it looks cool, maybe because it reminds me of the S197 Boss 302. In any case, this is one rare visual-only mod that I would love to add to my car. Anyone else?

I always prefer to stick with OEM stuff but what are the chances that Ford will make this part available to buy without having a Mach1 VIN? I suspect it will be similarly difficult to get as the PP2 rear lip spoiler...

Does anyone know of a replica piece that might be offered?

2CCD4CF9-215A-4510-9F6C-8750C530EBF5.jpeg
I agree with you. I also like to keep the car OEM but if this can be adapted to the PP1 for sure i will go with it. If it become available maybe will have to retrofit the entire bumper so that will mean aftermarket.

That style of the 302 is something unique.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be interested in a Mach 1 style bumper.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I like the bumper cover, I’d change the grill

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I'd consider a bumper cover swap-out, but I like the grille I have.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you end up getting the emblem on your grille?
Thanks for asking about that.

I put that project aside for a while, and got a lot of positive reactions to the no-emblem grille. I've decided to leave it, for now.

Sponsored

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Thanks for asking about that.

I put that project aside for a while, and got a lot of positive reactions to the no-emblem grille. I've decided to leave it, for now.
The reason I ask is because I have the same grille. I fell in love with it on the Bullitt and I just had to have it. I love the chrome accent. I also replaced the lower grille with it's match. Wasn't cheap but it's the focal point of the car. I also have not put on an emblem. People love it as is, its a very clean look. I've been shopping spoilers but I haven't even decided if I'm going to do one at all. It's really tough going from photographs, I'd like to see one on a car in person before going through with it.
Anyway, your car is sweet. The Rapid Red is deep. Stay smooth on the throttle.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again.

Yeah, "clean look" is the way several people have put it. I love the Bullitt grille, and I also got the matching lower.

I've been looking at spoilers too and am not sold on one. It'll be something low-profile if I do; mine is a convertible and I feel like a big spoiler or wing unbalances the look. Maybe the California Special spoiler - or, at this moment I'm thinking maybe none at all.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
So does the 18+ top grills of any kind fit a Mach 1 bumper? I guess we have to wait and see.

I hear that from Ford, ACC does not work with it hence no ACC for Mach 1s.

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Thanks again.

Yeah, "clean look" is the way several people have put it. I love the Bullitt grille, and I also got the matching lower.

I've been looking at spoilers too and am not sold on one. It'll be something low-profile if I do; mine is a convertible and I feel like a big spoiler or wing unbalances the look. Maybe the California Special spoiler - or, at this moment I'm thinking maybe none at all.
The two spoilers I've narrowed it down to are the Foose MMD or the Cali Special. Either one I'd get in the same color as the body paint. Leaning toward the CS because of fitment issues and the fact that it was made for the convertible. However I would still love to see one in person before pulling the trigger.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My thoughts are similar. So, body color or black?
Sponsored