Sponsored

2018 Owners: Power Steering PSCM calibration update

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just posting this as an FYI for 2018 owners.

oemdtc January 7, 2018 Diagnostic Tips

SSM 46997 – 2018 Mustang – Lack Of On Center Feel And Overall Power Steering Feel Performance

Some 2018 Mustang vehicles may exhibit a customer complaint of lack of on center feel or overall power steering feel performance.

A new power steering control module (PSCM) calibration has been released.

Reprogram the PSCM to the latest calibration using Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) release 108.02 or higher.

Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates.

Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com.

For claiming, use causal part 3504 and applicable labor operations in section 10 of the service labor time standards (SLTS) manual.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2018 CAR: ZG MUSTANG (S550)
Sponsored

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Do you happen to know if this is for all 18's or just a specific model? For instance, I thought I read the EPAS was different on the PP versions.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Do you happen to know if this is for all 18's or just a specific model? For instance, I thought I read the EPAS was different on the PP versions.
Good question, but according to that SSM, it’s not differentiating between the PP equipped and non-PP. Maybe someone with internal access to the Ford SSM, TSB or GSB systems can shed more light?

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Cool. I'll check tomorrow. Mine happens to fall into the vague on center feel category, so I'll swing by the dealership tomorrow to see if I can get them to flash this real quick.

PT920

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB 6spd
Cool. I'll check tomorrow. Mine happens to fall into the vague on center feel category, so I'll swing by the dealership tomorrow to see if I can get them to flash this real quick.
Hey Fishtail, were you able to get them to do the flash? If so, any noticeable improvements? Thanks!

Sponsored

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Hey Fishtail, were you able to get them to do the flash? If so, any noticeable improvements? Thanks!
*sigh*, no. I didn't make it over there as planned. My wife/daughter were under the weather so I didn't take my afternoon trip with the kids to toysrus as planned (wanted them to go one last time). I'll try to stop in one evening this week.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Non-update. I stopped in today and didn't make it in time. They said they'd be willing to do it (or at least the tech did) but I need to get there earlier. I'll tray again soon.

PT920

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB 6spd
Non-update. I stopped in today and didn't make it in time. They said they'd be willing to do it (or at least the tech did) but I need to get there earlier. I'll tray again soon.
No worries. I’ll try to drop by my local dealer as well. Thanks!

jbbenzo48

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chaz
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Any updates on if the flash helps? Just picked up my 18. Curious if the new calibration is worth it.

jbbenzo48

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chaz
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I picked up an 18 that was on the lot for a while.
Sponsored