2018 or 2019 GT reliable question

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Pretty much nothing will resist paint chips. Even film if hit right and hard enough will see damage. Pro ceramic isn't going to protect from chips any more than the hybrid ceramic. For myself I don't see a point in spending a large amount of money when what I'm using is doing exactly what it claims to do.
Love bug season hits and they come off very easily.
I have 0 chips and I have been hit by some pretty good rocks and debris from trucks. Not saying what I'm using is why. If one wants to get pro ceramic go for it. I'm just tossing out my thoughts on a product that works very well, is easy to maintain, easy to apply (can be used on the entire car) and is very affordable.
I have a long time friend in another state who is a detailer and makes a killing off of ceramic coatings. Its why he recommends it. Its a very high profit margin. Now if you do it yourself its definitely way more affordable. They are great for those that don't want to detail 2 to 4 times a year.
He'll even tell you though that not all pro ceramics are created equal. Some are sadly no better than traditional sealants and are all marketing hype. Goes for everything really. He's seen cases of peoples cars he's worked on with 2 yr claims wear off in 6 months while others do hold up as claimed.
Maybe the green is laid better than some of the other colors. I've already got several chips from road debris. Utah has a lot of quarries and truck are always dropping little rocks on the highways that inevitably get kicked into your paint. What's interesting is some of the places I'm getting chips you'd never think to have PPF put there. I got one on the top edge of the driver side quarter panel....almost right up to where the door meets it, and not where you'd expect. The front leading edges of the car have the fewest chips, lol.

Ultimately it's either get over it quickly like I'm doing and buy the touch up paint, or don't drive on the highways, or PPF the entire front end at enormous cost. I was getting quotes of $2K+ from local shops to do the whole cruise liner sized front end.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
PPF the entire front end at enormous cost. I was getting quotes of $2K+ from local shops to do the whole cruise liner sized front end.
I paid $1600 for the front clip and “A” pillars. Considering what people pay for mods on this forum I do not consider the cost to be “enormous. Just look at it as if it where another mod, no different than tires, wheels, suspension, engine, or exhaust mods.

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
My 15 non performance pack had the tick and I just heard the 2k rattle in my 20 PP1 for the first time which was a bit disappointing. Also, I never thought twice about shifting my 15 at redline and never had any lockout issues. In my 20 I can definitely feel that at redline going into third I have to be careful. It's difficult to explain but it just feels like it doesn't want to be rushed.