Sponsored

2018 mustang vs camaro vs scatpack/srt

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Nothing wrong with a Versa. It does the job its designed to do Very well. Just for shits and giggles. I went to a few dealers today looking for a replacement for my DD Jeep. Every 4x4 on the lot was 30k+! Big number for cars like a Renagade or Compass. There's something to be said for a new car that only costs 12 grand.
There is a quality to quantity.
Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Just for shits and giggles. I went to a few dealers today looking for a replacement for my DD Jeep. Every 4x4 on the lot was 30k+! Big number for cars like a Renagade or Compass. There's something to be said for a new car that only costs 12 grand.
Chrysler has some really crazy prices especially on the ones you mentioned. At my old job I drove dozens of Chrysler products weekly, a LOT of Compass and Renegades. Definitely did not feel like anything that was ever even close to $30k originally.

Yes they have a lot of special packages and trims to offer on those, but they didn't feel like their upper tier vehicles like a Grand Cherokee, or a loaded up Charger, or hell even a base R/T charger felt like a better quality car than the ones mentioned. Their pricing is whack on some of their cars.

7500RPM_Ben

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innovativeautodetailing.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 #1312
The Scat Pack is nice, it weighs to much to do anything with. A buddy's wife purchased one and my roommate had a dodge club get-together and everybody was ogling it. It was nice until they said 4400+ pounds with 485 horsepower. I was astounded that they all loved the car. The Boss would walk it, and so would many other cars. The '18 will murder that car. The SS 1LE will hurt the PP2's feelings, that car is bad. I am waiting for Ford to throw 305+ size tires on a mustang (non-350/R), that will be the day they take down a road course Camaro. I still will take the '18 in LTG Blue with the 10 speed auto, PP1, and Mag ride over the SS 1LE! (GB R is the first choice though if I could swing it)!

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I am waiting for Ford to throw 305+ size tires on a mustang (non-350/R), that will be the day they take down a road course Camaro.
Umm they r. PP2 has 305's all around with cup 2's. U been hiding under a rock? Lol

7500RPM_Ben

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Umm they r. PP2 has 305's all around with cup 2's. U been hiding under a rock? Lol
I have read through the PP2 thread until people kept saying the same thing and arguing about the 1LE haha. Well if the PP2 has 305 SC2's then the PP2 should do well against the SS 1LE. Ford's downfall has been small tires on everything.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I agree, finally put some good tires on a gt. I just dont get why no coolers? I am guessing it's good for 2 or 3 hero laps then might not hold up as well. Since it's tires are now glue then it should have a solid chance against the 1le on the first few laps. I suspect the 1le will be able to win the long game due to the advanced cooling it has vs the gt

Axiom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack
The Scat Pack is nice, it weighs to much to do anything with. A buddy's wife purchased one and my roommate had a dodge club get-together and everybody was ogling it. It was nice until they said 4400+ pounds with 485 horsepower. I was astounded that they all loved the car. The Boss would walk it, and so would many other cars. The '18 will murder that car. The SS 1LE will hurt the PP2's feelings, that car is bad. I am waiting for Ford to throw 305+ size tires on a mustang (non-350/R), that will be the day they take down a road course Camaro. I still will take the '18 in LTG Blue with the 10 speed auto, PP1, and Mag ride over the SS 1LE! (GB R is the first choice though if I could swing it)!
Last year I looked hard between a GT PP and a 1SS. Visibility with the SS was a major turn off. Briefly looked into the Chevy SS, but just can't get past the way it looks. At the time I had a 2011 SHO with a Livernois tune and was looking to get into something new. Even though I have a little one, I still had the green light to consider those two cars. I looked at the Charger R/T Scat Pack and just loved it. 4 doors, great trunk space and an amazing ZF 8 speed with DCT like shifts. Car is all around more practical for me. Performance wise, I ran a [email protected] at the recent rental at MIR with the only mod was using the Tazer obd-ii module to unlock the SRT's performance pages to enable the transmission to run in track mode for faster shifts.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Really, that I don't agree with. But even though, the Mustang could definitely stand to have more tire.
I just put on 285's on 19X10's and after looking how they fit that wheel, 305 is too big for that width imo. You'd need 19X11 for 305's to have a good fit.

7500RPM_Ben

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
I agree, finally put some good tires on a gt. I just dont get why no coolers? I am guessing it's good for 2 or 3 hero laps then might not hold up as well. Since it's tires are now glue then it should have a solid chance against the 1le on the first few laps. I suspect the 1le will be able to win the long game due to the advanced cooling it has vs the gt
True, I figured Ford would stick coolers on everything after the '16 GT350 Tech Pack fiasco of everything overheating. I also agree on a long run the 1LE will win due to overheating. Usually HPDE's are only 20 minutes and the PP2 may be ok.

Last year I looked hard between a GT PP and a 1SS. Visibility with the SS was a major turn off. Briefly looked into the Chevy SS, but just can't get past the way it looks. At the time I had a 2011 SHO with a Livernois tune and was looking to get into something new. Even though I have a little one, I still had the green light to consider those two cars. I looked at the Charger R/T Scat Pack and just loved it. 4 doors, great trunk space and an amazing ZF 8 speed with DCT like shifts. Car is all around more practical for me. Performance wise, I ran a [email protected] at the recent rental at MIR with the only mod was using the Tazer obd-ii module to unlock the SRT's performance pages to enable the transmission to run in track mode for faster shifts.
I agree with you on the 1SS, visibility kills me with those cars. I would love a ZL1, I like to see though lol. The '15-'17 GT's were a turnoff because the performance in a straight line was not there. The IRS may slightly out-handle the Boss and may be a better DD, I just could not give up power and performance. They were slower than the '11-'14 GT's.

I may of underestimated the Scat Pack, the A8 must be nasty if you can tune it to run bottom 12's. On the track when I launch hard and hit 7,500 RPM's to shift to second, the radials hook hard and I get the lovely gear lockout of the Boss. My personal fastest trap speed was 114 mph @13.0 haha. It was hot as hades at Zmax and the prep was not good, along with no water to burnout with (SCT Charlotte had roll racing hence why no water). I am trying to hit the track with some cool weather in the next couple of weeks. A stock Boss on tire has gone 11.7 @117 or 118 mph, I think that is the record. I am a road course guy and I am learning the ropes of drag racing.

Sponsored

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I just put on 285's on 19X10's and after looking how they fit that wheel, 305 is too big for that width imo. You'd need 19X11 for 305's to have a good fit.
Must be 19" Wheel and tire combo. I just put 305's on a 10" wide wheel.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
True, I figured Ford would stick coolers on everything after the '16 GT350 Tech Pack fiasco of everything overheating. I also agree on a long run the 1LE will win due to overheating. Usually HPDE's are only 20 minutes and the PP2 may be ok.

I agree with you on the 1SS, visibility kills me with those cars. I would love a ZL1, I like to see though lol. The '15-'17 GT's were a turnoff because the performance in a straight line was not there. The IRS may slightly out-handle the Boss and may be a better DD, I just could not give up power and performance. They were slower than the '11-'14 GT's.

I may of underestimated the Scat Pack, the A8 must be nasty if you can tune it to run bottom 12's. On the track when I launch hard and hit 7,500 RPM's to shift to second, the radials hook hard and I get the lovely gear lockout of the Boss. My personal fastest trap speed was 114 mph @13.0 haha. It was hot as hades at Zmax and the prep was not good, along with no water to burnout with (SCT Charlotte had roll racing hence why no water). I am trying to hit the track with some cool weather in the next couple of weeks. A stock Boss on tire has gone 11.7 @117 or 118 mph, I think that is the record. I am a road course guy and I am learning the ropes of drag racing.
The tazer isn't a tune. His car would have been stock to run his time. All the tazer did was open up the option for track mode. The scat pack doesn't have that, it's an SRT mode. Basically adjusts the shift points and keeps the active exhaust valves open. It's already in the computer just has to be turned on kind of thing. I haven't gotten one yet, but I need to.

I'm very happy with my land yacht...

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
The tazer isn't a tune. His car would have been stock to run his time. All the tazer did was open up the option for track mode. The scat pack doesn't have that, it's an SRT mode. Basically adjusts the shift points and keeps the active exhaust valves open. It's already in the computer just has to be turned on kind of thing. I haven't gotten one yet, but I need to.

I'm very happy with my land yacht...
My brother has one and I love it. He just bought the Tazer thing but I don't think he's had a chance to install yet. It also opens up the "light show" lol

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Agreed. Dumb move Ford.

I don't know. The GT350Tech can't do 20 minutes. I guess the 2018 claim to fame is it's drag strip performance with the 10A.

I'd be developing a trans cooler if I were a big shop.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
With the PP2 coming, I bet within a year u start seeing a few shops offering transmission and differential cooling packages. First one that makes a package for both and has a good price point will sell a mint. First to market means something.
Sponsored