Sponsored

2018 mustang vs camaro vs scatpack/srt

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The track events I've been to are not timed and the participants are told explicitly NOT to treat them as a race. AFAIK most people who actually go to the track just enjoy driving their cars and have fun rather than being all braggy about which car might be slightly faster. Most of us don't have the cash to go all out and risk wadding up our cars anyway. I think it's only the keyboard warriors who own Toyotas or Kias in real life that mostly e-fight so hard.
:lol:
Sponsored

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
And then they'd all get spanked 0-60 by a stage 1 golf r :p . Maybe not in the quarter, but I don't go to the track anyway. I was heavily leaning towards a charger scat pack next year but now I'm floating the idea of a 2018 mustang with the auto or Golf R. The Golf is winning right now for the extra 2 doors and cargo space. AWD is a bonus too.
I'm selling my 16 Golf R and buying an 18 GT. While the golf might be quick, it sure doesn't 'feel' like it. It's actually quite boring to drive. It doesn't have any character or soul - it performs, but not in a manner that feels engaging or interesting. It is quite refined and comfortable with a ton of tech, and sure, it has the haldex awd system activated when it needs it.. but it is not very 'fun'.
it's an oddball car that flies under the radar but performs great. I need a little more character and drama to enjoy the ride. It's tough to describe until you live with it for a while - it's a great car that I can't really fault in a quantifiable way.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I'm selling my 16 Golf R and buying an 18 GT. While the golf might be quick, it sure doesn't 'feel' like it. It's actually quite boring to drive. It doesn't have any character or soul - it performs, but not in a manner that feels engaging or interesting. It is quite refined and comfortable with a ton of tech, and sure, it has the haldex awd system activated when it needs it.. but it is not very 'fun'.
it's an oddball car that flies under the radar but performs great. I need a little more character and drama to enjoy the ride. It's tough to describe until you live with it for a while - it's a great car that I can't really fault in a quantifiable way.
Meh, I'm in my 40's I don't need the flash and noise anymore. The focus rs or sti would probably feel more fun, but they also ride like crap and have cheap interiors (I've owned sti's before). I'm also possessed of healthy self confidence and don't need a flashy car to boost it up.

I just need something with 4 doors, auto (knee isn't what it used to be), and cargo space. My original plan was the charger scat pack, but that damn thing might be too big. I don't like big cars, it's why i refuse to buy a SUV. I might still end up with the Charger, but the golf has a good interior, handling, acceleration, and cargo space. We'll see once I get there. It is damn boring to look at.

My 2016 mustang was an impulse buy. Thought it looked good, took one for test drive, and took one home. Probably wasn't the BEST car for me, but I've enjoyed driving it. It's just not the right car for me long term.

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
I just need something with 4 doors, auto (knee isn't what it used to be), and cargo space. My original plan was the charger scat pack, but that damn thing might be too big. I don't like big cars, it's why i refuse to buy a SUV. I might still end up with the Charger, but the golf has a good interior, handling, acceleration, and cargo space. We'll see once I get there. It is damn boring to look at.
Have you driven a charger scat pack yet? My brother has one and I wasn't sure about it at first but the looks have grown on me. It's loaded with every feature and much quicker/faster than I expected.

I would seriously consider one if I were interested in a 4 door car. I checked out the Challenger purely b/c of enjoying his car but it's too bulky for me and I wouldn't want anything less than a Hellcat that I can't afford lol.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I should change the title to 1le vs PP2 vs srt lol. This is getting interesting with the PP2. Can't wait to see the magazines get their hands on them.

Sponsored

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
The track events I've been to are not timed and the participants are told explicitly NOT to treat them as a race. AFAIK most people who actually go to the track just enjoy driving their cars and have fun rather than being all braggy about which car might be slightly faster. Most of us don't have the cash to go all out and risk wadding up our cars anyway. I think it's only the keyboard warriors who own Toyotas or Kias in real life that mostly e-fight so hard.
Bruh... My DD Nissan Versa could pull you so hard. ;)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I feel as though I should slit my wrists right now. :p
A lot of people have that misconception. You really only need to slit one wrist. I mean unless you're on a deadline, if you'll pardon the pun.

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
Meh, I'm in my 40's I don't need the flash and noise anymore. The focus rs or sti would probably feel more fun, but they also ride like crap and have cheap interiors (I've owned sti's before). I'm also possessed of healthy self confidence and don't need a flashy car to boost it up.

My 2016 mustang was an impulse buy. Thought it looked good, took one for test drive, and took one home. Probably wasn't the BEST car for me, but I've enjoyed driving it. It's just not the right car for me long term.
golf R does sound like a good car for you.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Anyone who owns a Nissan Versa failed at life.
Not true at all. You'd have to be an extremely successful migrant worker to slap down the 12 large that a Versa costs!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Or a cheap-ass like I am when it comes to buying a dd vehicle. :thumbsup:
Nothing wrong with a Versa. It does the job its designed to do Very well. Just for shits and giggles. I went to a few dealers today looking for a replacement for my DD Jeep. Every 4x4 on the lot was 30k+! Big number for cars like a Renagade or Compass. There's something to be said for a new car that only costs 12 grand.
Sponsored