Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm still contemplating asking my dealer to add the cloth recaros but after sitting in a 2018 base 301a GTPP i thought the stock seats were comfortable and had plenty of lateral support.
I sat in the regular seats (cloth and leather) this weekend and agree, they felt pretty good in terms of support. As a no-cost option though, the Recaros are a no-brainer imo (unless they are uncomfortable for you of course).
Sponsored

metros11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SS 1LE
I couldn't wait, so...

Please don't hate, I love all cars and am not a brand guy. I still love my 2002 Mustang GT, but just added this to the stable. Was hoping the PP2 would be closer to this though. Maybe it will be, but who knows at this point?

2018 1SS, 1LE with performance data recorder (and video). $41k out the door. Couldn't pass it up.
$41K OTD? Which dealer?

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
$41K OTD? Which dealer?
Do all the true car, sign up for brochures, web, online, facebook, instagram, etc. ads, respond to all the marketing calls from dealers in a nice manner, say you are cross shopping mustang and have a mustang, not sure if you need to visit a dealer in person, etc. etc.
-Basically just register and do everything so that any marketing kickbacks get triggered and associated with your name.
Not sure who this guys dealer is but I believe it after doing everythign like I did to get Stang pricing and Chevy dealers started calling and price just kept coming down. Never got as low as $41k OTD like this guy but believe its possible nearing ~$42 in Texas, 2018, 1LE 1SS, <6 miles ODO

metros11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SS 1LE
Do all the true car, sign up for brochures, web, online, facebook, instagram, etc. ads, respond to all the marketing calls from dealers in a nice manner, say you are cross shopping mustang and have a mustang, not sure if you need to visit a dealer in person, etc. etc.
-Basically just register and do everything so that any marketing kickbacks get triggered and associated with your name.
Not sure who this guys dealer is but I believe it after doing everythign like I did to get Stang pricing and Chevy dealers started calling and price just kept coming down. Never got as low as $41k OTD like this guy but believe its possible nearing ~$42 in Texas, 2018, 1LE 1SS, <6 miles ODO
I got a couple offers below $42K here in the north east, even had one for $40,6K (no PDR though). He's in Maryland and $41K out the door, which means $38K before fees and taxes. I'm interested which dealer this is.

DeltaMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
I ordered my GTPP2 car. When it arrives I plan on removing the wheels/tires and keeping them stored for track use. I have a set of GTPP wheels and all season tires that I plan to put on the new car. Should I have any problems?

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I ordered my GTPP2 car. When it arrives I plan on removing the wheels/tires and keeping them stored for track use. I have a set of GTPP wheels and all season tires that I plan to put on the new car. Should I have any problems?
I just plan to grab a set of the PP1 option wheels and get all season on those. Should have no issue.

DeltaMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Congrats. What color and options did you get?

I'll probably burn through the stock MSC2's and go with the MPS4S after that. They cost the same in the 305 width so i guess it depends on the amount of miles i get out of the stock tires. The stock wheels are just to good looking not use year around.
I ordered black with leather recaro. I do love the wheels. I want to eventually get a set of 19x10.5 19x11 to put the track tires on. There does not seem to be a lot of options in getting the 19x10.5 Does anybody have suggestions for some track wheels that match the stock size?

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I'm not 100% certain but i know SVE makes some wide wheels. Maybe get a set of those and put your track rubber on them. They're relatively cheap at around $250 a wheel. Then you can put some all season rubber on the stock wheels.
I think have 19x10 and 19x11 but not 19x10.5. Hoping the 19x11's will work on all 4 corners but I'm guessing if they did Ford would have went that way.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I think have 19x10 and 19x11 but not 19x10.5. Hoping the 19x11's will work on all 4 corners but I'm guessing if they did Ford would have went that way.
You just have to use large spacers on the front.

Perfectly acceptable if you have extended studs, like ARP or similar.

I'd go that way just so you can rotate.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
You just have to use large spacers on the front.

Perfectly acceptable if you have extended studs, like ARP or similar.

I'd go that way just so you can rotate.
Yep, long studs is my back up plan...if I decide to trade the Boss off for new tech :D. In fact I have them on the Boss and it makes it easier to swap wheels IMO.

Sponsored

Nate-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang, 2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Congrats. What color and options did you get?

I'll probably burn through the stock MSC2's and go with the MPS4S after that. They cost the same in the 305 width so i guess it depends on the amount of miles i get out of the stock tires. The stock wheels are just to good looking not use year around.
I still don't see the PP2 available on the Ford Build your Own website. I guess only dealers have it available to order currently? Are you doing XPlan or negotiating your own deal?

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
i tried like hell to get a pp2 gt but no one wanted to deal in the slightest, lowest i got was about 47k with out taxes. so i placed an order for a camaro 1ss 1le, got 39k out the door. I'm not partial to the mustang or camaro but I'm not paying that kinda money for a car i wont see or know how it's gonna perform

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
if you wanna call it that i guess so, but facts dont lie the 1le can beat a gt350 on the track and comes with all and more that the pp2 does and if you include the fact you need to add the 301a pack its 2k cheaper. i love my 15gtpp but I'm bout paying more for a car that is less optioned and will more then likely not compete with or just match the 1le

Nate-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang, 2013 Ford Explorer Sport
My big draw to Mustang outside of the awesome looks is the ability to get the Roush/Ford Performance Supercharger installed and maintain the factory warranty. That is my plan although I know it will be one expensive Stang with 401a, PP2, Active Exhaust and the SC. I still prefer the looks of the car over a comparably priced Vette and a used Hellcat.

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
if you wanna call it that i guess so, but facts dont lie the 1le can beat a gt350 on the track and comes with all and more that the pp2 does and if you include the fact you need to add the 301a pack its 2k cheaper. i love my 15gtpp but I'm bout paying more for a car that is less optioned and will more then likely not compete with or just match the 1le
Can you post the link of the head to head between the GT350 VS 1LE please. I've searched for it but can't find it. I dont think anybody would just make that statement up. Thx.
Sponsored