Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Patience guys. I knew my build week (12/11) within a week of ordering (10/12) and my exact build date (12/12) a few days later. You won't "bump up" unless they're ahead of schedule and with it being a refresh with a new motor/trans, they are likely not ahead. Parts are ordered from suppliers "just in time" for vehicles to be built and if there is a hiccup somewhere, the build gets pushed back. I'm not expecting mine to show up before mid-late January.
Yeah, but the problem is a lot of us here that are still waiting, placed orders back in August or even July, and we feel left out since the normal sense is first come first serve.
Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, but the problem is a lot of us here that are still waiting, placed orders back in August or even July, and we feel left out since the normal sense is first come first serve.
I originally put my order in on August 9th and then edited it August 26th. And people who ordered in October are getting impatient. Try waiting since July or August. *cough cough*

mdelongpre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something Fast
mine has now gone beyond the EDD, which has also disappeared.

coming up on 4 weeks since it was built, and still sitting in 'awaiting shipment'

asked the dealer but haven't heard back from anyone.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
mine has now gone beyond the EDD, which has also disappeared.

coming up on 4 weeks since it was built, and still sitting in 'awaiting shipment'

asked the dealer but haven't heard back from anyone.
My EDD has been deleted since two or so weeks ago. I'm hoping to still get it by then. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
The first run was to fill dealer stock orders. Trust me when I say that you should be happy because you're going to get a better built car.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
The first run was to fill dealer stock orders. Trust me when I say that you should be happy because you're going to get a better built car.
I think you're not fully understanding what I'm saying here. I know that the first batch is stock order, and I'm pretty sure everyone who's waiting know that as well. What I'm saying is for us retail orders, we ordered as soon as the order banks opened, and the "OK to Buy" is on Oct 25th, and yet our cars are not scheduled, not until end of December, and we see other people who ordered a lot later than us, with retail orders as well, taking delivery right now. This is why we're impatient and frustrated.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
mine is a stock order and still not here yet.

BigBoss5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP Premium
Honestly I think it's based on region for delivery. I ordered 8/22 and my build date is mid January with an EDD of Feb 1st. I have yet to see someone in my region (Ontario, Canada) get an faster build date then me with a later order. Although there is a member on here from Montreal who already received his order.

I just hope since it is such a late build that they work out any possible first batch kinks.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly I think it's based on region for delivery. I ordered 8/22 and my build date is mid January with an EDD of Feb 1st. I have yet to see someone in my region (Ontario, Canada) get an faster build date then me with a later order. Although there is a member on here from Montreal who already received his order.

I just hope since it is such a late build that they work out any possible first batch kinks.
I think you might be right. I haven't seen any driving around. My local dealership has one. But nobody has bought it yet.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
mine is a stock order and still not here yet.
Same here. For whatever reason, my stock order got changed from the first week of production to almost 2 months later. AFAIK, my car will be among the first cars my dealer receives.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Still haven't heard back from my salesman if the status changed or not, so I might call him tomorrow to check in. On another note, I've ordered quite a few parts this past few days since they're on discount. can't wait to get the car and start modding .
What all did you order? So far my parents are getting me an X-pipe for Xmas. I told them no gifts this year (I'm 35 and well paid), but they insisted. I won't fight that one. I think the first stuff I purchase will be an intake and tuner.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I think you're not fully understanding what I'm saying here. I know that the first batch is stock order, and I'm pretty sure everyone who's waiting know that as well. What I'm saying is for us retail orders, we ordered as soon as the order banks opened, and the "OK to Buy" is on Oct 25th, and yet our cars are not scheduled, not until end of December, and we see other people who ordered a lot later than us, with retail orders as well, taking delivery right now. This is why we're impatient and frustrated.
Should have chose fewer options, maybe it would have been done quicker. :shrug:

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
I could debate, based on personal experiences, the benefits of receiving a car built before OKTB or one built after. I don't know why my order was turned in as Stock, perhaps it had to do quotas for this large dealership group. Not sure, AND not complaining. But it's built and, after 5 weeks of sitting at the plant/rail yard, it's finally on its way. I expect to hear, today, that it's in North Carolina.

I do feel for the people who are waiting on Retail Orders submitted in August hearing about Retail Orders submitted in October being built (and delivered) first. I'd be venting on Ford/the Dealership if that were my situation.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I could debate, based on personal experiences, the benefits of receiving a car built before OKTB or one built after. I don't know why my order was turned in as Stock, perhaps it had to do quotas for this large dealership group. Not sure, AND not complaining. But it's built and, after 5 weeks of sitting at the plant/rail yard, it's finally on its way. I expect to hear, today, that it's in North Carolina.

I do feel for the people who are waiting on Retail Orders submitted in August hearing about Retail Orders submitted in October being built (and delivered) first. I'd be venting on Ford/the Dealership if that were my situation.
My dealer can't do much about it. They put the order in as soon as it was allowed by Ford, and they submitted as a stock order. I am noticing mostly premiums hitting dealerships, so maybe the cloth seat interior cars were held back a bit. I sort of wish I ordered premium now.

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
My dealer can't do much about it. They put the order in as soon as it was allowed by Ford, and they submitted as a stock order. I am noticing mostly premiums hitting dealerships, so maybe the cloth seat interior cars were held back a bit. I sort of wish I ordered premium now.
Hard to say on reason, premiums just may be shipping first due to higher margins. My dealer has 4 non-premium GT's with VIN's on their ford.com page. All have been built but only 2 have left the plant. One should be on the truck with mine, now due on 12/7/17. Sorry, no magnaride on that one.
Sponsored