Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
According to Ford " Drivers can also opt for an available 10-speed SelectShift™ automatic transmission with an upgraded torque converter and unique calibration that enables optimizing torque capability, shift character and overall enhanced performance. A second air-to-oil cooler increases cooling capacity by 75 percent. " https://media.ford.com/content/ford...s-pinnacle-of-mustang-5-0-liter-v8-style.html

Are you needing the extra braking? Are you doing road racing? Just asking because I know many who track their cars with the standard Brembo front brakes and single piston rears. That being said, I get the appeal. I've thought about it as well. I just want to keep my PP2 wheels or if I were to get a Mach 1 I want to keep those wheels.

Wait, so you don't need upgraded wheels to use the R brakes? I thought for sure the offsets and back spacing were different? Car looks great by the way.
For some like me I would probably need to cause I have offset of 35 on my rears and they would be poking a lot more and my wheels according to Shelby do not clear GT350 brakes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 502A SCrew 2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP A10
According to Ford " Drivers can also opt for an available 10-speed SelectShift™ automatic transmission with an upgraded torque converter and unique calibration that enables optimizing torque capability, shift character and overall enhanced performance. A second air-to-oil cooler increases cooling capacity by 75 percent. " https://media.ford.com/content/ford...s-pinnacle-of-mustang-5-0-liter-v8-style.html

Are you needing the extra braking? Are you doing road racing? Just asking because I know many who track their cars with the standard Brembo front brakes and single piston rears. That being said, I get the appeal. I've thought about it as well. I just want to keep my PP2 wheels or if I were to get a Mach 1 I want to keep those wheels.

Wait, so you don't need upgraded wheels to use the R brakes? I thought for sure the offsets and back spacing were different? Car looks great by the way.
Interesting that the 10 speed uses the passenger cooler as well as the small on in the coolant stack. All the exploded views ford parts pages I looked at showed the smaller one for the manual only. Ok I see now. Here’s 2 VINs off Mach in the ford parts ordering system. One manual, one auto. The connections line for the 2 is not very clear shown and I could have sworn this wasn’t in the pics a few months ago when I was researching it. The manual clearly shows using the smaller cooler. If this is the case I’m definitely going to buy it and ad it to my bigger mishimoto one I have already. ill look into this more and report back.
CC9171DD-0AFC-47B3-89EC-3728BD0D4AD4.png
ECCE060A-6EB0-4838-9E11-7661DC042DEA.png

As for the wheels yes I am running regular GT spec wheels on my rear setup with a full 350R spec rear. Their 50mm offset. I believe 350’s are 60mm offset. It definitely pokes more and the brakes are a little on the close side to the wheels but I have no rubbing at all. I’ve had this setup for a over a year. I bought the wheels first then the brake kit or else I would have gotten the correct fitment bit it did work just fine. Now Terrance is building me a set of signature wheels with R offset rears and normal GT fronts because I’m doing a 18 inch beadlock in the rear.

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
Very nice looking car; wheels look great. Amazing photography too. I do prefer the factory 2018+ GT parking lights and fog lights in LED, but DD makes excellent stuff as well.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Interesting that the 10 speed uses the passenger cooler as well as the small on in the coolant stack. All the exploded views ford parts pages I looked at showed the smaller one for the manual only. Ok I see now. Here’s 2 VINs off Mach in the ford parts ordering system. One manual, one auto. The connections line for the 2 is not very clear shown and I could have sworn this wasn’t in the pics a few months ago when I was researching it. The manual clearly shows using the smaller cooler. If this is the case I’m definitely going to buy it and ad it to my bigger mishimoto one I have already. ill look into this more and report back.
CC9171DD-0AFC-47B3-89EC-3728BD0D4AD4.png
ECCE060A-6EB0-4838-9E11-7661DC042DEA.png

As for the wheels yes I am running regular GT spec wheels on my rear setup with a full 350R spec rear. Their 50mm offset. I believe 350’s are 60mm offset. It definitely pokes more and the brakes are a little on the close side to the wheels but I have no rubbing at all. I’ve had this setup for a over a year. I bought the wheels first then the brake kit or else I would have gotten the correct fitment bit it did work just fine. Now Terrance is building me a set of signature wheels with R offset rears and normal GT fronts because I’m doing a 18 inch beadlock in the rear.
You figure out the trans cooler let me know. I was second guessing it too. But I thought I read it somewhere.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
No, I don't track or road race the car at all.
I just love the appeal. You can't get a better looking big brake kit that is close to OEM as the GT350R big brake kit. I realize that I could just paint the calipers and buy some nice slotted/drilled rotors, but that does not look good to me at all. Mostly the rears. Uggghhhh. lol

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
No, I don't track or road race the car at all.
I just love the appeal. You can't get a better looking big brake kit that is close to OEM as the GT350R big brake kit. I realize that I could just paint the calipers and buy some nice slotted/drilled rotors, but that does not look good to me at all. Mostly the rears. Uggghhhh. lol
Completely understand. Could also source some red Bullitt Brembo's (easy direct swap) and the red rears as well as well. Would look better than stock but not as impressive as the GT350R kit.

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
You figure out the trans cooler let me know. I was second guessing it too. But I thought I read it somewhere.
Yes confirmed for A10 Mach 1 with Handling Package,

I got chance to walk around one at my dealership and it does indeed have a cooler system on both sides. they feed through the side bezels under the parking lamps.

Also has a 4 sided vane with rubber edge seals toward the coolers which is attached to the bezels that make sure all air goes directly into the coolers with no air being exposed into rest of internal bumper area or engine.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Yes confirmed for A10 Mach 1 with Handling Package,

I got chance to walk around one at my dealership and it does indeed have a cooler system on both sides. they feed through the side bezels under the parking lamps.

Also has a 4 sided vane with rubber edge seals toward the coolers which is attached to the bezels that make sure all air goes directly into the coolers with no air being exposed into rest of internal bumper area or engine.
This would be a mod I’d be down to do!!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Completely understand. Could also source some red Bullitt Brembo's (easy direct swap) and the red rears as well as well. Would look better than stock but not as impressive as the GT350R kit.
I saw them and tried to like them, but I cannot.
I have to have the big dogs. lol

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
OK so I read the title and then the dollar amount of $3500 and for a moment was horrified that you could completely (read: aesthetics and mechanically) convert a GT to a Mach for that little...then I read the rest and it all made sense

Your car is gonna confuse the hell out of people though with the M1 front end and the GT350 fenders hah
The birth of Frankenstang. Good catchy name for a sema car. One offs like this are a labor of love and not measured by dollars or a nameplate.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
I think I'm the first to do this swap on a 18+ mustang GT from what everyone has been telling me so after a lot of messages on here and my IG I figured id do a official info and parts list post for people who are wanting to try and do this swap. Just a FYI this swap is EXPENSIVE!! I'm into mine prob $3-3500 with my access to a take off bumper and my Ford pricing I get from local and online dealers deal with. If you bought every single piece new you going to be in the $4500-$5000 dollar range for the swap after you include paint, body work etc. It is A LOT for essentially a front bumper cover swap. That being said its huge upgrade looks wise on 18+ Mustang and for me fixed the non aggressive front end look on these year cars. Aero benefits are also a huge upgrade.

My journey on this swap started with access to a Brand new take off bumper from Ford that was complete but had some minor paint damage and some scuffs on the upper splitter. Mine was complete with all the grills, weatherstripping, side vents, blinkers, wiring harnesses etc. So that saved me a lot of money and time not having to track down and pay for all those parts. Still a lot was needed to make the swap complete. Even though I didn't have to find these parts numbers for what I had gotten Ive found almost all the parts numbers needed and will list those below.

So lets jump into what works with you 18+ car and what has to be changed. Fenders on the Mach are exactly the same as any 18+ trim car besides one thing, holes for badging. Mach have basically EcoBoost fender with no holes for badging since the Mach fender emblems stick on. So any fender will work for this front end swap. The thing that will need to be changed is the inner fender liners. They are Mach specific and tie into the front bumper cover and the underbelly just like the PP1 car do just little bit more extensively. The fender flares on the Mach will also work on any fender as long as you have the Mach 1 bumper. I actually have aluminum GT350 fenders on my car and the fender flares work and fit perfectly on there. I get this question a lot the Flares will NOT work on a regular mustang bumper. The way it Mounts towards the front is specific to the mach front bumper cover. Next is wiring, the 18+ GT's have a different wiring harness for the blinkers, DRL and fog lights. Since the Mach does not have built in fog lights the wiring harness is way simpler and a different plug setup. So there is going to have to be some modifications needed to make the wiring work. I just cut my ends off both the factory harness and the mach blinker harness and built my own connectors using Deutche waterproof connectors. I will post diagrams and pics below of the wiring. The Mach front blinkers are actually the exact part numbers as 15-20 GT350 front blinkers. They look different because the Mach has a trim that shrouds them a little but they are the same. Besides those small things the rest is pretty straight forward if you have the all the parts to do it.

Ok so part numbers, here we go. This is everything I have ordered for mine personally and also some research to find part numbers on what I already had.

Front bumper cover: MR3Z-17D957-BDPTM
Mach 1 Upper Grill: MR3Z-8200-AA
Mach 1 Lower Grill: MR3Z-17K945-AA
Mach 1 Upper splitter: MR3Z-17D957-AA
Mach 1 Left inner fender: MR3Z-16102-A
Mach 1 Right inner fender: MR3Z-16103-A
Mach 1 Underbelly: MR3Z-17626-A
Upper bumper weatherstripping: JR3Z-16A238-B
Mach 1 bumper crash isolator : JR3Z-17C882-B
Mach 1 LH turn signal: MR3Z-13201-A
Mach 1 RH turn signal: MR3Z-13200-A
Mach 1 LH turn signal housing: MR3Z-15266-B
Mach 1 RH turn signal housing: MR3Z-15266-A
Blue push in nuts to go into subframe for underbelly (x6) : W716529S900

Handling Pack part numbers:
HP Lower Splitter: MR3Z-17626-AA
HP Fender Flares: VMR3Z-16268-A

* I cannot find the side vent part numbers or the brake ducting vents from the bumper to inner fenders

**option for turn signals instead of OEM** Diode Dynamics LED turn signals

***push in clips can all be pretty much reused off your old inner fender liners and the hardware off your PP1 underbelly will work for the M1 underbelly. Lower handling pack splitter will come with additional hardware needed to mount to underbelly.

This is everything I can find online from All data, repairlink ford parts list and reaching out to a few dealers to help me. Schematics for the mach parts list are still not out so not everything is available to find. The hardest parts to find are the magnetic colored side vents for the bumper and the brake ducting vents (similar to the GT350). If you have a Whipple on your car you will not be able to to run the brake ducting anyway due to the heat exchanger tank and pump in the drivers side inner fender area. Also the Mach 1 bumper WILL work with ACC(adaptive cruise) cars as long as you don't use the brake ducting vents or if you do want to use the ducting you will have to move the ACC module over more towards the center and recalibrate it in forscan.

My IG is @djericforbes I posted a bunch on there of the swap and my highlights. check that out for more info.

Heres what the inner fenders look like. Besides the brake ducting they have very nice venting from the side vents into the wheel wheel to help cooling:
1622902157054.png

Stock PP1 underbelly:
IMG_3382.jpg

Mach 1 underbelly:
IMG_3571.jpg

My new take off Mach 1 front cover I got:

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

My swap done:

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg
IMG_3893.jpg
IMG_3890.jpg
IMG_3887.jpg
IMG_3886.jpg

Wiring!

Heres the 18+ GT premium wiring schematic for the blinkers/fog lights etc:
Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 7.13.55 AM.png

Blinker wiring for the Mach is pretty much the same as a 15-17 car. Here's a schematic of that:

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 7.14.45 AM.png

I will post more info on here as I remember more but for now this is all the time I have and all that I can remember off the top of my head. Like I mentioned above check out my IG @djericforbes bc I posted a lot on there of the swap on my highlights. Thanks!

****EDIT**** See post #46 for instructions to do rear Mach 1/GT500 rear valance swap!
Amazing job on this build. Looks well done.Great use of damaged factory parts you were able to bring back to glory.This is good stuff

OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
The birth of Frankenstang. Good catchy name for a sema car. One offs like this are a labor of love and not measured by dollars or a nameplate.
DUDE yes!! The FRANKENSTANG! That’s the name haha! Thx!!!

OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Amazing job on this build. Looks well done.Great use of damaged factory parts you were able to bring back to glory.This is good stuff
Thanks so much! 🙏🏻🙏🏻