wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Looks good. Tempting...

When you say you loose the Fog lights is because you didn't work with the wiring right? I understood by the OP that you have to do some wiring changes. I am correct?
Sponsored

18stang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emiliano
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Good afternoon everyone! I just joined and I figured I’d share this here first instead of IG, but on Friday I finished the Mach 1 swap on my 2018 GT. Still have some more paint related finishing touches on the rest of the car and I will get some better pictures but I can share what I have so far.

As far as what @V8der has said, there is nothing I can think of adding at the moment as he did a pretty good job of documenting everything.

As far as cost, it can get very pricey. I wasn't aware of his build or this thread when I started so I worked on getting all the part #'s myself. Had a hard time doing so as well. The wait for some of these was a pain, as well as the anxiety of how long I may have to wait. When I ordered the bumper itself I was told that there were only 2 bumpers in the entire country available. We ordered it, and when we got it in, it looked like it had been stepped on. It was broken in one spot, and one of the corners was bent pretty bad. So they agreed to order the other one hoping it would come in good condition since that would mean we'd have to wait who knows how long.

All in all, the Mach 1 look is my favorite so far and makes the car look so much meaner and aggressive. I agree with what has been said regarding people getting so worked up over "up-badging" and all that. I like the look of the Mach 1, but am not wanting to pretend I am one. So still have the original 5.0 badging, and such. For me, it's just the look of the bumper. Even if that means I've lost the fog lights, for now.

For anyone else interested I highly recommend to get a full take off in favor of this route. Maybe in a year or so when parts become more available.

Also

297AB4C2-E520-4885-B233-D2BBDA5C3012.JPG
tempImagey0dTiU.png
tempImagevIkB9Z.png
RenderedImage.JPG

Also figured I'd post more picturewhat the car used to look like. Pictures below are from the photoshoot for Weld.

DSC04901.JPG
DSC04907_1.JPG
Awesome job! Looks great. I’m glad it’s becoming more common so it doesn’t seem as daunting. Did the bumper cover come with the “side vents”? I believe that’s the only part number V8der wasn’t able to get

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Looks good. Tempting...

When you say you loose the Fog lights is because you didn't work with the wiring right? I understood by the OP that you have to do some wiring changes. I am correct?
I believe you have to change over to the 15-17 turn signals that don’t also house the fog lights. 15-17 had separate fog lights, 18+ has the fogs as part of the turn signal.

wrenchingdev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralphy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
As Mike mentioned, it’s because of the 15-17 style turn signal design having separate fogs. This is why I assume the grill fog cutouts were done. Even if we haven’t got a good option yet.

Also, took her for a spin today and managed to get this picture with another GT. I think it does a good job of showcasing the difference.

0B3277CA-7519-47F7-9928-B094A18C8B4D.jpeg

wrenchingdev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralphy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Awesome job! Looks great. I’m glad it’s becoming more common so it doesn’t seem as daunting. Did the bumper cover come with the “side vents”? I believe that’s the only part number V8der wasn’t able to get
Thank you!! No it did not. I spoke with Dave from Levittown Ford and he thought it should. I wish it did as that’s the one piece I’m still missing.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you!! No it did not. I spoke with Dave from Levittown Ford and he thought it should. I wish it did as that’s the one piece I’m still missing.
I thought I see the side vents in your install?

wrenchingdev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralphy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I thought I see the side vents in your install?
The vents seem there are separate from the ones that I thought you were talking about. The ones I don’t have are the ones that funnel the air into the oil coolers, which I don’t have. If you look on V8der’s IG Stories, and look at his initial walk around of the entire front end before tear down and you’ll see them attached behind the vents seen in my picture. I have made sure to provide a place for the air to go to in order to not trap inside the engine bay. And from what I have seen, I think those vents are the ones he was unable to get part numbers for as well. Hope @V8der doesn’t mind me sharing a screenshot of his video, but I’ll attach it here for reference. See below.

4A7A8430-3724-4057-8BFE-95070633BAD8.jpeg

18stang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emiliano
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The vents seem there are separate from the ones that I thought you were talking about. The ones I don’t have are the ones that funnel the air into the oil coolers, which I don’t have. If you look on V8der’s IG Stories, and look at his initial walk around of the entire front end before tear down and you’ll see them attached behind the vents seen in my picture. I have made sure to provide a place for the air to go to in order to not trap inside the engine bay. And from what I have seen, I think those vents are the ones he was unable to get part numbers for as well. Hope @V8der doesn’t mind me sharing a screenshot of his video, but I’ll attach it here for reference. See below.

We meant these Side Vents, not the ducts, do you have a part # for the exterior side vents?

4E9B636C-AB09-4F4D-BAFE-4EDCB927BA4E.jpeg

wrenchingdev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralphy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
We meant these Side Vents, not the ducts, do you have a part # for the exterior side vents?

4E9B636C-AB09-4F4D-BAFE-4EDCB927BA4E.jpeg
I went back to re-read the first post and I get now that those are still unknown. Yes, I do have the part numbers. Sorry about the confusion, for some reason I thought they had already been listed.

MR3Z-17E810-AB
MR3Z-17E811-AB

They are both listed as a cover when ordering through Ford.

OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 502A SCrew 2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP A10

Don’t Mind you sharing the screenshot at all. There is another set of vents that go from the lower center grill corners to to each wheels wheel. That’s the ones I can’t find part #’s for also.

Sponsored
OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I went back to re-read the first post and I get now that those are still unknown. Yes, I do have the part numbers. Sorry about the confusion, for some reason I thought they had already been listed.

MR3Z-17E810-AB
MR3Z-17E811-AB

They are both listed as a cover when ordering through Ford.
Awesome thanks for these. I already had these on my bumper when I got it so didnt have the numbers and couldn’t find them but for those wanting to do the swap this is more great Info. Car looks great 👍🏻

wrenchingdev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralphy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Awesome thanks for these. I already had these on my bumper when I got it so didnt have the numbers and couldn’t find them but for those wanting to do the swap this is more great Info. Car looks great 👍🏻
Thank you!
So basically the only part numbers we have yet to identify are both vents. One from the lower grill corners as well as the one that directs air to the oil coolers. Right?

wrenchingdev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralphy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
One more thing I wanted to share, I still don’t have working turn signals because I didn’t want to cut up my factory wiring harness. Wether you use the factory or Diode Dynamics turn signal set, you will need to do some custom wiring to connect the 15-17 turn signals to the 18+ wiring harness.

Doing some research I found Starkey Products which has an 18+ fog light connector pigtails set. I reached out to them to see if they could help me out with a custom solution for my special use case. They were able to provide the mating connector to the 18+ wiring harness. Once I get the parts in, along with the wiring diagram that @V8der has provided I should be able to get everything setup as close to a factory setup as I can.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I am not a 2018+ owner but I love threads like this where you have Mustang owners helping out other mustang owners. Good stuff.

OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Thank you!
So basically the only part numbers we have yet to identify are both vents. One from the lower grill corners as well as the one that directs air to the oil coolers. Right?
Yes that’s only ones I can’t find now
Sponsored