Sponsored

2018 Mustang in the showrooms *photos inside*

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Got a message from the dealer today that an Ecoboost 2018 had arrived the day before and was now on display in the showroom, so I rushed over :)

The new design is definitely better in person than any picture on the internet. The new hood and front design makes the car seem smaller and more capable as a sportscar. Kinda removes the whole "look at me I am an American muscle car", and embraces a more European coupe look.

Some interesting details:
- DRL will not be on while the main headlights are on.
- Taillights now all 3 light up red (pink) and the outer lights blinks from red to amber with the turn signals on.
- Frameless rearview mirror looks really good.
- Removing the chrome in the interior was a good move on Ford, looks much nicer.
- Interior center tunnel is a big improvement.
- Hood vents fit really well with the new front design.
- Upgraded wrapping on steering wheel feels really good.
- 12" display looks really sharp and clean. It sits pretty deep in the dash so light washing out the imagine should never be a problem.

So many changes to the 2018 Ford Mustang I think we can really thank Ford for this. In my opinion all the changes to the 2018 Mustang really completes the car on all levels.

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

image host
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Thanks for the pics. One thing that stands out like a sore thumb even more on the facelift is the front licence plate holder. Because the grille edge now extends all the way there's only a very little body color between them which looks completely unbalanced. Luckily it's easy to delete it.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Woah! This must be the first dealer demo car in Europe? :eyebulge:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the pics. One thing that stands out like a sore thumb even more on the facelift is the front licence plate holder. Because the grille edge now extends all the way there's only a very little body color between them which looks completely unbalanced. Luckily it's easy to delete it.
Thanks for the pics! What did you think of the 18 in race red? [MENTION=14555]Double[/MENTION]

I thought as well that the license plate holder really stands out :S
I will most likely be able to have small-versions of the plates.

However Maybe I should the dealership not to mount the the frontplat and go for a stow-n-show or mount a smaller plate off-center

Last edited:

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Interesting that the lower rear bumper is bit less resolved than on the earlier cars. More black plastic....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Double

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the pics! What did you think of the 18 in race red? [MENTION=14555]Double[/MENTION]
Had only seen a Race Red before with chrome window trim which didn’t do it for me but I gotta say this 2018 with black window trim and these wheels really makes Race Red look good.

Some photos the red is a bit washed out almost orange but that’s just the camera messing with the sunlight.

Last edited:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I might have to investigate getting a 18 centre console with padding for my 17!
This new shape seems much more colour dependent than the previous shape in photos. I’m in two minds as to whether I want one. Kona blue, ruby, crimson and Bullitt green really suit it, race red and the lighter colours seem to highlight the discrepancy between the front end and the rest of the car. I’m curious to see if this is true in real life or just in the photos. With the my15 I knew I had to have one, deciding on the colour was really hard because it looked good in every shade. With the 18, every time I see one in a darker colour , lowered on nice wheels I’m almost calling my dealer to place an order.... then I see one in race red,white , yellow, orange etc and decide to leave it until I see one in the metal.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
With the my15 I knew I had to have one, deciding on the colour was really hard because it looked good in every shade. With the 18, every time I see one in a darker colour , lowered on nice wheels I’m almost calling my dealer to place an order.... then I see one in race red,white , yellow, orange etc and decide to leave it until I see one in the metal.
Spot on. The 18 definitely looks better in the darker colours. Like the alloys but not the hood vents. They still have the silly faux gas cap at the rear.

BugsOli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Mustang GT | 2015 Mustang Eco | 2022 Puma ST

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
BugsOli, are you anywhere near Zedelgem?

BugsOli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Mustang GT | 2015 Mustang Eco | 2022 Puma ST