2018 Mustang GT won't turn off

Jason18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Lightning Blue, 401a
Has anyone seen or had an issue where the car doesn't turn stop running every time I push Stop/start button? It turns the dash and stuff off and stays running for about 20 seconds then turns off. If I push the button again the dash turns back on and flashes a bunch of messages like hill start/stop not available and several other things. It doesn't do it every time either. Puzzling... Any ideas?
Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Has anyone seen or had an issue where the car doesn't turn stop running every time I push Stop/start button? It turns the dash and stuff off and stays running for about 20 seconds then turns off. If I push the button again the dash turns back on and flashes a bunch of messages like hill start/stop not available and several other things. It doesn't do it every time either. Puzzling... Any ideas?

That sucks. I’d try to capture a video and take it to the dealerZ

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
My problem is the opposite. I place my foot on the brake pedal, push the start button and my seat moves to driving position, dash lights all operate, but the engine will not attempt to turn over. I have found I can use the fob and do a remote start from the front seat, or push REALLY, REALLY hard on the brake pedal then push the start button and it will start. Dealer has tried but no success so far. Lat week was a new brake switch but I still have the same problem. Try, try again!

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My problem is the opposite. I place my foot on the brake pedal, push the start button and my seat moves to driving position, dash lights all operate, but the engine will not attempt to turn over. I have found I can use the fob and do a remote start from the front seat, or push REALLY, REALLY hard on the brake pedal then push the start button and it will start. Dealer has tried but no success so far. Lat week was a new brake switch but I still have the same problem. Try, try again!

You might need a whole new car lol

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
When life gives you lemons, get a lemon law lawyer.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Go by an auto zone and have them test your battery. You would be amazed how many things are battery related. Even if the battery is only 2 years old.

I even had a car once that had all kinds of strange issues tested the battery and it tested ok. but on a hunch I still changed the battery and all the issues went away. some times its not simply about voltage but cranking amps and other battery magic as well. :)

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
FWIW I bought an inexpensive battery load tester a couple of years ago. It's been well worth the few dollars it cost me. It's allerted me twice to a weak battery that I was able to change before it left me stranded.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
FWIW I bought an inexpensive battery load tester a couple of years ago. It's been well worth the few dollars it cost me. It's allerted me twice to a weak battery that I was able to change before it left me stranded.
which 1 did you buy?