2018 Mustang GT w/ MBRP Race Cat Back

rimchi01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jun
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a 2018 Mustang GT base model (Manual Trans). Everything is stock.

Just installed an MBRP RACE pro series CAT Back last week.. and now I feel like I am losing HP. Especially, when I shift gear from 2nd to 3rd.. I had that "super leaning back" feeling with the stock exhaust.. but not anymore..
I understand it could be the mental thing cuz, louder sounds makes me think it should go faster..., I get that! but I don't think this is it.
Maybe, the exhaust is too wide (3 inch).. but, I've done nothing on my engine??
Because it is a cheap exhaust?? I don't know..

Please advise.

It is very loud, but I think the sound is pretty good BTW. My buddy has a CORSA extreme catback.. personally, I think they have pretty similar sounds.. correct if I'm wrong... :)
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
your connecting at the factory connection point, which is 2.25", so even though it's a 3" system, flow really hasn't changed.

it is 100% in your head. the car hasn't lost any power with adding the catback. most catbacks don't add much, the biggest gain we have seen is with the solo at 7 rwhp

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
Slightly off topic but have you taken any videos of your exhaust setup? I’m really curious about fitting it to my 17 with a quad tip valence but no one really has a good video up on the sound. There’s a few of them just starting but no passes, normal driving, etc.

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Slightly off topic but have you taken any videos of your exhaust setup? I’m really curious about fitting it to my 17 with a quad tip valence but no one really has a good video up on the sound. There’s a few of them just starting but no passes, normal driving, etc.
There are endless videos on Youtube of the Race catback. LMR, AM, and CJ poney parts are to name a few that may also have before/after.

To the OP, no loss of power and in your head.

OP
OP

rimchi01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jun
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Unfortunately, I do not. But I will post links if I find any from youtube. I'm pretty sure there are some out there.

Sponsored

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I dont think it was unheard of for peeps to have a perceived loss of low end punch or torque with a catback. Can just be the loss of backpressure in the system but it can certainly feel as though you lose a little on the bottom.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
Im not looking for the 2015-2017 catback. Specifically for the 2018+ catback since it is completely different than the previous years. Hence why I asked the OP.

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Im not looking for the 2015-2017 catback. Specifically for the 2018+ catback since it is completely different than the previous years. Hence why I asked the OP.

cookymunster_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt grabber blue
H
ave you tried it I’m really interested in getting a 2018 mbrp race or street for my 2017. I have catless longtubes I just want a 3 inch cat back with quads
Sponsored