Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT Transmission Noise?

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Does OP have a resolution to this thread? My A10 makes this weird whirring sound only when shifting gears. It sounds like all of the sounds in the videos posted in the thread, like almost an electrical connection. It also does it super loudly if I shift into 2nd gear at like a stop light, etc. I'll try to post a video soon.
Also, sorry about reopening this after so long.
35K miles on my 2018 GT 10-Speed. Yes, when shifting with the paddles from 1-2 while the car is stopped, I hear a similar mechanical sound as well. I have to get the fluid level checked because my 2-3 and 4-5 shift are harsh! Almost as if someone rear ended me lol
Sponsored

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
35K miles on my 2018 GT 10-Speed. Yes, when shifting with the paddles from 1-2 while the car is stopped, I hear a similar mechanical sound as well. I have to get the fluid level checked because my 2-3 and 4-5 shift are harsh! Almost as if someone rear ended me lol
My 2-3 shift is good, but if I shift into 5th while on the gas fairly aggressively between 1500-2k rpm it feels like I was rear ended! I get an rpm spike and the car bucks hard.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
My 2-3 shift is good, but if I shift into 5th while on the gas fairly aggressively between 1500-2k rpm it feels like I was rear ended! I get an rpm spike and the car bucks hard.
same, if im more than just a little bit on the gas during the 4 to 5 shift, in sport+ or track drive modes, 90% chance it shifts and feels like i dropped the transmission on the street behind me.

wife screamed "whiplash" last time.. jokingly of course.. kind of..

still need to get back to the dealer for a reset and/or second check of the fluid, ensuring fluid is at "A" marker on the dipstick.

last time i was there for them to check the fluid it was "about half a qt low".. now i wonder if it was more like 1 1/2 quarts low.. and im still sitting on "B" mark on the dipstick, missing a qt

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
same, if im more than just a little bit on the gas during the 4 to 5 shift, in sport+ or track drive modes, 90% chance it shifts and feels like i dropped the transmission on the street behind me.

still need to get back to the dealer for a reset and/or second check of the fluid, ensuring fluid is at "A" marker on the dipstick.

last time i was there for them to check the fluid it was "about half a qt low".. now i wonder if it was more like 1 1/2 quarts low.. and im still sitting on "B" mark on the dipstick, missing a qt
Yes, you want the fluid to be in the middle of "A". This middle of "B" applies to the 10 speed used in the F-150 trucks.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
Does OP have a resolution to this thread? My A10 makes this weird whirring sound only when shifting gears. It sounds like all of the sounds in the videos posted in the thread, like almost an electrical connection. It also does it super loudly if I shift into 2nd gear at like a stop light, etc. I'll try to post a video soon.
Also, sorry about reopening this after so long.
the whirring, from my understanding is normal. its the straight cut gears of the transmission, or maybe it was the oil pump to the transmission, i do not recall at the moment.. but according to everything i have read, completely normal in this circumstance.

Yes, you want the fluid to be in the middle of "A". This middle of "B" applies to the 10 speed used in the F-150 trucks.
thanks!

Sponsored

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Yes, same with mine. It's very whiplash like and feels like it is absolutely broken.

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to have this whiplashing checked out. I'm going to take the service rep and maybe a tech on a test drive so they can feel the full force of the abnormal shifting.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to have this whiplashing checked out. I'm going to take the service rep and maybe a tech on a test drive so they can feel the full force of the abnormal shifting.
let us know how it goes, what they find, if anything..

i just got back from a visit to the dealer yesterday, they verified fluid level, and reset KAM/trans tables.. sent me on my way. already had a hard 4-5 shift since then, but will give it a couple hundred miles they requested before i head back.

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
let us know how it goes, what they find, if anything..

i just got back from a visit to the dealer yesterday, they verified fluid level, and reset KAM/trans tables.. sent me on my way. already had a hard 4-5 shift since then, but will give it a couple hundred miles they requested before i head back.
My dealer just told that they basically don't care. Since it occurs when in "S" mode, it disqualifies it as an issue.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
My dealer just told that they basically don't care. Since it occurs when in "S" mode, it disqualifies it as an issue.
wow.. surprising..

which dealer? i'll make sure not to avoid them if i am over that way LOL

i wonder if a call to ford corp would make them take it a bit more seriously? but then again, i dont know if i would want them working on my car, if i went over their heads, to then make them do the work. they're liable to half-ass it, just in spite.

Sponsored

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
wow.. surprising..

which dealer? i'll make sure not to avoid them if i am over that way LOL

i wonder if a call to ford corp would make them take it a bit more seriously? but then again, i dont know if i would want them working on my car, if i went over their heads, to then make them do the work. they're liable to half-ass it, just in spite.
Well let me know if you go back to your dealer after a hundred miles and they find an actual issue. My fluid is a good level, and I've had my trans software reset like 5 times (this transmission has had shifting problems since I got it).

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
Everyone has this "issue" just see the thread below this that is 100+ pages long. You are not going to get it fixed. Live with it or trade the car in.