2018 Mustang GT ROUSH Flash Tune ONLY

Discussion in 'V8 5.0L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning' started by NianJay5OH4, Oct 18, 2019.

1. NianJay5OH4

NianJay5OH4 Member

First Name:
    Nian
    Vehicle(s):
    19 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    I was wondering if there was a way to ONLY buy the Roush pcm flash tune for the 2018+ instead of buying the entire kit which includes the CAI and flash tune. I know I can go LUND or PBH but I guess you can say I'm a "Warranty Queen" as you guys like to say.
    I've read multiple explanations stating the factory air intake does just fine compared to other aftermarket CAI. I was just going to add the $60 drop in air filter from K&N and drill out the factory grill to add a little more air flow to aid the Roush flash tune. Is this possible?

As of right now the car is completely stock as Im waiting to install my MAK cat deletes and waiting for my MBRP Race cat back to come in

2. Stymee

Stymee Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joel
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    U do realize your gonna throw a code and probably lose your warranty hacking into the emission system if your car?

U can’t keep a warranty removing your cats?

Dealer would laugh at you

Plus the Roush tune will not tune out a CEL, u need a Lund tune, your warranties toast if u out carless mid pipes on your car

3. FruityJudy

FruityJudy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT A10
    0   0   0
    I do not believe they will sale you just the tune without the intake. The combo is part of their business strategy. Secondly, as stymee has stated a cat delete is not going to be compatible with the roush tune or stock tune