Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Tom mentions in the video that the red Recaros will be called 'Show Stopper Red'.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Ford always does a great job with the Mustang wheels. I also like the fact that there are some super nice after market wheel options as well !!
I agree as long as the don't come back out with those damn torque thrust (bullitt) wheels. :doh:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I agree as long as the don't come back out with those damn torque thrust (bullitt) wheels. :doh:
Perhaps you have not seen the 5-spoke wheel option that looks like a variation of them? The current 18" foundry wheels also seem to be inspired by them. Both of these takes I find to be fantastic modern interpretations of the original design.

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking
If the easter eggs are real wouldn't it make more sense with 470 HP and 455 TQ, All the other versions of the coyote had more HP than TQ.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the easter eggs are real wouldn't it make more sense with 470 HP and 455 TQ, All the other versions of the coyote had more HP than TQ.
That's a large jump in torque from the current level with the same size engine displacement and a 1 point jump in compression ratio.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Auto-86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 2017 Fusion Sport
That's a large jump in torque from the current level with the same size engine displacement and a 1 point jump in compression ratio.
Would be more likely the other way around and even then,
455 torque would be matching an engine 1.2 L bigger.
Seems unlikely.

455 Hp would be disappointing though, IMO...........
I mean, you get half that increase from an 87 tune, right??

Last edited:

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Auto-86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 2017 Fusion Sport
Why is that disappointing to you?
It is almost guaranteed to be down on torque vs the 6.2, so I think HP has to significantly higher. Obviously area under the curve and all, but only 20 HP from almost an entirely new engine (was it the crank that was the only carryover?) and DI?

I am in a different spot vs most on here since I don't own an S550. I want to someday go T-turbo if I get either a 17 or 18. How easy will that be on an 18, don't think anyone knows yet (especially concerned about lower hood and I don't want my turbos underneath).

I don't care much about 10 speed and I wouldn't touch it first year.

That for me, would only leave supposed 18 base GT handling as good as 15-17 PP handling as a reason to get 18 over 17 (and I don't hate front end as much as I originally did, but I don't like it either).

That and there should be 3 grand rebates on 17's when 18's first come out.
Difference in price on base GT at that point will likely be 7 grand or more.

Anyway, 470 Hp vs 435 could be enough to wait and see. 500 HP eng rated on an aggressive 93 tune could make someone (me) rethink going FI at all.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is almost guaranteed to be down on torque vs the 6.2, so I think HP has to significantly higher. Obviously area under the curve and all, but only 20 HP from almost an entirely new engine (was it the crank that was the only carryover?) and DI?
Two words - improved fuel economy. When I read the all-new statement, I assumed the current 5.0 architecture would be the basis. For this displacement, I would not expect huge jumps to stay out of gas guzzler territory. The history of this engine has seen steady increases of about 20hp, the main exception being the 444hp Boss 302 engine, which required a reworked valve train and intake manifold, sacrificing a bit of low end torque.

Since you are planning on turbocharging, I would assume it's a moot point.

GM's larger displacement OHV engine is a different animal, and the size definitely benefits the torque production.
Sponsored