TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to Ford, somewhere, some lonely whale shark just fell in love.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Nice looking Mustang... can't wait to see what they do with the vert....

Nice little refresh to get ready for 2020....

EHs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'17 RR GT PR/BA
Haha, yeah this looks odd to me...but I can't quite explain why. Hopefully it looks better in person.

Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Absolutely not a fan. The moment I saw the original S550, I knew my STI was getting sold. If I didn't already own an S550 and saw this thing.... I'd buy a Camaro. That front end looks horrendous.

GTU4EAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Looks odd to me. Glad I have my 2016!

Sponsored

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
Very dissapointed.......

Taste is subjective. I had C4 and C5 Corvettes because I enjoyed the complex curves (like a women's body, I'm not sexist, but that is how we are hardwired, and I loved it). For me the Corvette C7 went off the rails with the transformers angular look, but at least they were consistent. The 6G Mustang had curves that excited me, but with style cues to all of the past Mustangs, to just graft on some angular pieces - doesn't flow, and kills my excitement, I am very disappointed. I loved my 2013 Mustang and love my 2016 Mustang for different reasons. Not loving the early views of the 2018.:(

cudak888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 + 1972 Mach 1 + 1969 Plymouth Valiant 100
Haha, yeah this looks odd to me...but I can't quite explain why. Hopefully it looks better in person.
Here's the quick and dirty explanation: The grill is a good 2" lower than the current one.

Here's what you do: Follow the upper headlamp line forward from the spot where it meets the fender - which is in the same spot as the current S550. The "angry" brow headlamp brings this body line down about an inch lower than the '15 at the inner tip of the headlamp. The grill on the 2018 is level with this line.

So now we're ~1" lower than the '15s headlamp line. And if you factor in that the grill on the '15 rises about an inch higher than the headlamp brow, the grill and hood effectively drop 2" more than on the existing model.

Welcome back SN-95 jellybean styling. We never wanted you back in the first place...

-Kurt

erne75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
meh...I like my 15 better.

This reminds me of the SN95 -> new edge refresh. Not as drastic of a style change but the same idea. I never liked the new edge although they kind of grew on me. The terminators looked great though.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
The grille and headlights are a good amount lower due to the raked hood (like the S197 and most cars for that matter). The S550 has a very flat hood and tall front end. I like the sporty lower front end but that came at the cost of a smaller loeer grille (maintaining the upper grille height).

I'm looking forward to seeing official photos of better angles rather than screenshots taken from poor angles on a poor video.
Sponsored